Barbecued Birds

Realgeorge

Mentor
The Baltimore Orioles, I declare,are the worst franchise in professional sports.The owner is the immensely arrogant, cynical, petty-tyrant, NWO lawyer Peter Angelos. There are many vile creatures out there who own sports teams, but Pisz-me-off Pete is right up there. The scandal-ridden losing team is loaded with unhappy players. Their best player wants out:

[url]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.tejada09d ec09,1,5532832.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball [/url]

The proud Orioles franchises of yore are a long-forgotten memory. No more World Series teams like 1966 and 1970 and 1983. The O's have eight straight losing seasons and are getting measurably worse. Pisz-me-off Pete is obsessed with screwing the Washington Nationals' franchise to the exclusion of any activity to assist the management of the Orioles. The O's are broke, broken, and out. Perhaps the franchise will even fold, leaving the Camden Yards stadium as a relic, a pantheon to the vile NWO Corporate culture that dominates America and makes it miserable. Boo Hiss !!

They had their chances in the mid 90's with a decently White Team with guys like Anderson, Ripken, Palmeiro(well nuture trumped nature disgracing whites of spanish ancestry everywhere) Hoiles, Mussina but of course Angelos had to get Albert Belle in the late 90's and we all know how that worked out. And of course Angelos continues to throw money at hitting when what they need are veteran whitepitchers.

Realgeorge

Mentor
One Good White Man makes All the Difference !
Just like that, the Orioles' Leaking Lena [Beany & Cecil, young folks. Check it out on the web!] has been bailed out and righted, by bringing back a single good White Man to run the clubhouse. Jeff Conine ["the Barbarian", ESPN's Berman, the Cosell impersonator] is back in Baltimore, an suddenly all the unhappy Dominican players are quiet. The good white Orioles are ecstatic, esp. Brian Roberts 2B and Jay Gibbons 1B. Why they ever let Conine go is another Birdland mystery, typical of the brain-dead Angelos dynasty.
In one simple gracious gesture, order and harmony has been restored to the Orioles' clubhouse, and a winning season is expected.
Yes, yes. Only ONE good white man makes all the difference. Can you spell "Ripken"?
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles21 dec21,1,2980430.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball
Edited by: Realgeorge

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Cubs could swap Prior for Tejada

Chicago Tribune: "More than one source has claimed the Cubs dangled pitcher Mark Prior in multiteam trade talks that would land them premier Baltimore shortstop Miguel Tejada and eventually send Prior to a team in the American League West. "

That would be an awesome trade for Baltimore, especially if they can add a free-agent starter like Kevin Millwood or Jeff Weaver.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Orioles just landed Jeremy Burnitz from the Cubs. Another disciplined white ballplayer, we really like the trend! They brought in Ramon Hernandez to keep Tejada straight, more likely to keep the quota intact as Tejada is sent west.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles29 dec29,1,6650462.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball

I admit to a bit of bewilderment with Mr. Tejada. He was given the keys to the city on a silver platter, a big-money contract, and lots of Mestizo friends on the club. Then the World Series appearances didn't come rolling in, and big Miggy wants out.

Editorial: I've always detested the pro athlete cry of "I wanna be on the Championship club." I wanna win The Cup! I wanna win the Super Bowl! I wanna win the World Series!" "Trade me to a contender!!" What a bunch of bunk. The ultimate selfishness. I you want to win championships, start with your own performance.Edited by: Realgeorge

Bear-Arms

Mentor
How did the O's lose out on Burnitz?

This just in:

Cubs, O's 'Closing in' on Patterson deal January 6
Chicago Tribune): "The Cubs finally may have found a taker for Corey Patterson: the Baltimore Orioles. Miguel Tejada, however, is not part of the deal."

Why would the O's want that guy?
smiley11.gif

Realgeorge

Mentor
Full Despair in Charm City </font></font>

Peter Angelos. The name itself causes baseball depression. Peter the corporate lawyer, the man who fleeced the tobacco industry, the Enfant Terrible of professional sports owners. This is the tenth straight miserable losing season for the once proud Orioles.

It began with Peter firing manager Davey Johnson in 1997 following the second of two supberb pennant runs. Peter went into some sort of hate trance and began the dismantling of the franchise. </font>

He sacked, one by one, the excellent talent compiled by Orioles GMs in the late Eighties and early 1990s. He brought in crony general management, like Syd Thrift and others, to supervise the O's quick run to mediocrity. The mighty Orioles pitching staff, that once contained names like Mussina, Stewart, Boddiker, and Wells, became the ultimate no-name bunch with a cumulative era of 5.80. He ran off Cal Ripken and his brother and his father. He ticked off the Rochester farm club so badly that they cancelled their affiliation with the Orioles.

He ordered his GMs to assemble a Minor League team to put on the field, which stayed that way until ~2004. Finally ushering in some talent that year, Peter somehow breathed dissention and poor Karma into the team. He brought back Raf Palmeiro to taint the team with steriod scandal. He arranged the blowing of millions on sure-failure retreads like Albert Belle and Sammy Sosa. </font>

If I didn't know better I'd say Peter were a member of Skull and Bones or a similar Zoroastrian Cult secret society. The guy never smiles. He fires broadcasters and secretaries. He fires lifetime Orioles until they die of broken hearts (Elrod Hendricks). Cal Ripken won't talk to him, about him, or be seen in public with him. Angelos is fixated on the Nationals franchise. He rigged the television contract such that 95% of Orioles games are televised while only 20% of the Nats games are on TV. He jerked around all of baseball for years complaining about the arrival of a team in Washington.

Angelos has family cronies everywhere. Front office, back office. He even has a Greek minor league outfielder on the team, who can do no wrong despite hitting .220 and being a clubhouse pest. It's a sick time to be an Orioles fan. </font>
</font></font>Edited by: Realgeorge

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice synopsis, George. Angelos started off as one of baseball's most successful owners, then it all went downhill suddenly and permanently. With his money and the revenue generated by a home park that was sold out every game, he really had to work at it to screw it up so bad.

But then again, as a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, I only have so much sympathy. I'm sure Royals fans feel the same way.
smiley36.gif

Realgeorge

Mentor
<center>Howdy Don !</font></font></center></font>

I understand what's happened to the sad-sack Royals franchise (George Brett seems like 100 years ago). But what happened to the Bucs? They're not broke but they act like it. My Andy van Slyke poster is fading quickly! </font></font></font>

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Lookit the Detroit Tigers though! Hapless for years they have suddenly hit on some success. Personally I am not so overjoyed. They are very non-white in their starting line-up although at least they have added some black AMERICANS to their once nearly complete hispanic line-up. Not a reason for me to cheer but for a city (Detroit) that has been raped out of its manufacturing jobs by Mexico and has over 50% of its black population unemployed it may help a little. Although of course nearly everybody is cluless about the racial implications and the local white population is selling out every game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Realgeorge said:
But what happened to the Bucs? They're not broke but they act like it. My Andy van Slyke poster is fading quickly!

There was genuine hope that this would be the season that the Pirates finally reached .500, but it turns out to be one of their worst squads since they began their 14 year losing streak. In retrospect it was the same old tried and true failing formula -- bring in a couple fading veterans at a cheap price (Randa and Burnitz), a one year rent-a-player (Pittsburgh native Sean Casey, who's missed a lot of games with a back injury), and rely on the franchise's lousy farm system to supply the other talent.

What talent the farm system does produce is almost always traded away on the cheap before theygain the bargaining power of free agency.

Kevin McClatchey bought the team with limited family resources, and is only interested in making money by putting together low payroll teams. The managers and GMs have been mediocre at best, though current manager Jim Tracy is a good one saddled with little talent.

McClatchey quietly became a minority owner a few years back. The Nutting family of West Virginia, owner of several newspapers,now owns the largest share of the team. Both father and son Nutting are complete recluses who don't talk to the media. The team refuses to release profit and loss statements. However, due to the marginal financial changes negotiated by the owners with the players union during the last round of bargaining, the Pirates now receive enough money from revenue sharing and "taxes" on big spending teams like the Yankees to pay off most of their payroll right off the bat. Throw in the other, traditional sources of revenue (ticket sales, TV and radio money, concessions, etc.) and it is clear that the team is profitable. It will take an ownership change to make the Pirates more than a minor league operation.

Realgeorge

Mentor
The inevitable has happened: A franchise hooked on Mestizos must confront the reality that ALL of its best players and new prospects are White. Orioles sparkling rookies Adam Loewen, Chris Ray and Nick "The Greek" Markakis are having superb rookie years. Brian Roberts is all-star 2B material. Jay Gibbons was stolen from Toronto but is their best outfielder. Hayden Penn is outstanding pitching prospect.

Gone are Sammy Say it Ain't Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro, and Javy Lopez. Nobody misses them! The Orioles are improving by home-grown white players. Even Darth Vader Angelos can't screw this one up

Realgeorge

Mentor
Another ugly development: Daniel Snyder!!

Zionazi Dan has just purchased radio station WHFS-FM in Wash-DC. It was the last remaining classical music station in the area. Can't have that! A bastion of German Nazi musikkampfen like Strauss and Mozart and Wagner and Rossini (oops) I mean Bach and Beethoven. Dazzle Dan immediately has ruined the station in favor of 24-7 ESPN talk radio. Really a propaganda station for his BlackSkins football team.

Insult to injury: Dan has teamed up with Peter Angelos to screw Orioles' radio listeners. WBAL on AM has carried the Orioles for almost 20 years. Their sports staff was critical of Angelos (duhh, only the worst owner in Baseball), so Steely Dan Snyder, a bosom pal of Angelos, has snatched Orioles radio coverage to his new ESPN venue on AM.

Long-range AM listeners of the Orioles be damned! New broadcasters and newsmen on WHFS will say only NICE things about Angelosfuhrer and Abraham Ribicoff Snyder</font>Edited by: Realgeorge

LabMan

Mentor
In Pittsburgh,the buccos' turned their collective noses up as far as Aubrey Huff was concerned,but they did sign:Yoslan Herrera,Franquelis Osorio,Masumi Kuwata,and 38 year old Jose Hernandaz,"for the third time"!

So many reasons to take my grandkids out to see "the old ballgame"!

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Yeah, I can't stand Snyder or Angelos. In DC, I miss Jack Kent Cooke, aka "The Squire", an old-money aristocrat who didn't seem to mind having a 50% white team.

But that's definitely good news about Aubrey Huff, especially after the failure of Sammy "Steroids" Sosa, and Raffy "Honesty" Palmeiro.

Realgeorge

Mentor
2007 is no different. The Orioles do the New-World-Order thing. Cut good White Players, replace with bad Unwhite players. This Spring, Adam Stern has hit well (.278) and fielded well, and is an authentic outfield prospect with power and discipline. Freddy Bynum is a prototypical Black outfielder. See if this M.O. is recognizable: Black outfielder, can't hit a lick (.129 this Spring), can run well but gets picked off frequently, very fast and can shag fly balls. Every team (except Houston) has several of these dubious Blacks. They stick on the roster with amazing glue.

The Orioles got an excellent year last year from Brandon Fahey, son of major leaguer, who both hit and fielded. This Spring there "was no 'pop'" in his bat, and he, along with Stern, were canned in favor of Freddy Bynum. Fred also is "charismatic" and has a "great smile"

I detest Angelos and his mulit-culti KingdomEdited by: Realgeorge

Realgeorge

Mentor
The ridiculous Orioles franchise catharsis under Peter Angelos is largely unnewsworthy. But a few observations for us skeptical CasteFootballers are in order:

1) Nothing in the world can save a large organization from the machinations of a thieving, greedy, arrogant and cruel Zionazi and NWO Lawyer type like Pystol Pete Angelos</font>

2) Orioles on-field problems are almost exclusively the effects their overpaid, overpampered, morose Mestizo players. Yes! Yes, yes, yes. The Hispanic connexion on the Orioles IS the problem. Fraud Mike Tejada, Brooding Danny Cabrera, and Mr. Hit-into-DPs, Melvin Moron, are poster children. They form the little clique of permanent "Latino" malcontents on the roster who thwart any real effort by the rest of the largely White roster</font>

3) The Sicilian connection: First Lee Mazzilli (axed), then Leo Mazzone (will be gone soon), then Sam Perlozzo (fired), and now Joe Girardi -- who, in no-brainer fashion, refused to be Angelos's next Sicilian whipping boy.

4) I hear the club is accepting applications for the new no-win Managerial position, and Paris Hilton is one of the applicants</font>

Where have you gone, ol' Brooks Robinson?</font></font>Edited by: Realgeorge

Paris Hilton would be an improvement. The O's are just that bad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if Cal Ripken's been approached about managing the Orioles, but he'd be wise to have nothing to do with the team as long as Angelos owns it.

Paris Hilton an improvement? Well that would be multicultural of them hiring a woman. Well I just got a list of their new coaching staff. They will be sure to impress and lead the Orioles to new levels unforseen by any man. Drum roll please...

Bill Bean(Bench Coach) The only living openly gay man to play baseball. He won't spare the rod with his discipline.

Ugueth Urbina(Pitching Coach) Get him a work visa upon release from jail in Venezuela. It is imperative that pitchers not understand instruction from their coach so they learn Spanglish.

Deion Sanders(Hitting Coach) Spill cold buckets on people.

Darryl Strawberry(Third Base Coach/ Preacher) He can talk about morality on sunday and flap his arms like a crack addict at third.

Youppi(First Base Coach) Hey he is the ex expos mascott and needs a job.

Dwight Gooden(Bullpen Coach) He can teach the relivers about various supplements to give them more heat on their fastball. Also he can teach them how to take off house arrest devices. He's probably old, fat, and ugly now so he is the perfect fit.

Vince Coleman/Ober Moreno(Fielding Instructors) - Vince can teach about the dangers of firecrackers, and Ober about getting with murder in 3rd world countries.

Hideki Irabu(Dietican) - To round out the multicultural cesspool, Irabu failing as a pitcher in the states can teach about proper fitness and diet to the Orioles that will last a lifetime. A twinkie a day keeps energy to play away.

This staff gets an A+ from the EEOC and the civil rights commission, but should be fun to watch.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Baseball Fan, very funny post, but I wish you wouldn't give them any ideas!
smiley36.gif