Australian wildfire

Freedom

Mentor
My thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering in Australia right now. I wonder when all that UN aid that goes to Africa and South America will come to rescue them. When will the FEMA trailers come?
smiley7.gif
Edited by: Freedom

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
My thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering in Australia right now. I wonder when all that UN aid that goes to Africa and South America will come to rescue them. When will the FEMA trailers come?
smiley7.gif

FEMA trailers better not come, FEMA is a US organization paid for by US taxpayers for use in the USA!

I also have great sympthy for the Australians right now. I would encourage anyone who feels strongly to donate to a private charity to help those in need.

I would also encourage the US gov't not to give a dime since A) they don't have any money, and B) Australia is NOT the USA.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
This is a terrible tragedy. I worked with a number of Aussies when I lived in Japan. I remember learning a thing or two about the drought conditions so many areas of Australia have been experiencing for years, and the concerns about the water supply.

And then, if the reports are correct about arson, you have a situation that quickly got out of control and killed hundreds.

Maybe aussieaussie will show up and give us some more insight into this awful incident.

Freedom

Mentor
It was just a Katrina reference jaxvid. I don't actually expect nor desire FEMA trailers to show up in Australia. I will donate to a private charity.

Just as a side note, Australia is one of the last major strongholds of Western Civilization.