Arthur Abraham

JD074

Master
Yep, five official KD's and one "slip" caused by a right to the temple. Not a bad outing for King Arthur.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
An article I read online several days ago criticized Abraham's level of competition. It is the typical media attitude towards any white fighter.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
An article I read online several days ago criticized Abraham's level of competition. It is the typical media attitude towards any white fighter.

He's been trying to get fights with Sturm and Pavlik for a long time. Sturm and his promoter want nothing to do with him, and although Pavlik is willing to fight Arthur, his promoter Bob Arum is afraid Abraham will knock him out and he will lose his investment in Kelly.

Abraham may move up to 168 where there are bigger fights available. Middleweight has a lot of excellent prospects like Korobov, McEwen, Lara, Golovkin, Lee, Pirog and Zbik, but few established fighters.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I watched the Abraham-Oral fight yesterday for the first time. Abraham looked very impressive. When he turns it on its over!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Arthur Abraham has vacated his IBF middleweight title, after a long successful title run since 2005.

He's now scheduled to fight Jermain Taylor at super middleweight on Oct 10 in Germany.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Arthur Abraham has vacated his IBF middleweight title, after a long successful title run since 2005.

He's now scheduled to fight Jermain Taylor at super middleweight on Oct 10 in Germany.

That Jermaine Taylor got alot of guts, he takes on all the elite white fighters at or near his weight class. He loses to them but he usually puts up a good fight and shows respect to the victor. Plus he fights Abraham in Germany of all places.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow Abraham vs Taylor. Abraham should wipe the floor with him. What will Taylor do after losing to a white fighter for the third time?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow Abraham vs Taylor. Abraham should wipe the floor with him. What will Taylor do after losing to a white fighter for the third time?

Some black supremacist boxing fans despise Taylor because he was KOed by both Froch and Pavlik.

If he loses to Abraham, he's still obligated to fight the others in the tournament in 2010. But I think he will want to retire.

Interesting how the Jewish director of Showtime chose Taylor, who has lost three of his past four (stopped in two of the losses), over Karoly Balzsay and Lucian Bute. Does he have something against white people?

albinosprint

Mentor
Abraham is going to wreck Taylor, oh I can't wait!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is what pisses me off though. Jermain Taylor got beat by Pavlik twice. Then he loses to Carl Froch. Now he is getting a fight with the best middleweight in the world at super middleweight. What white fighter would get these opportunities? At least the fight will be in Germany and the crowd will be for Abraham.Edited by: whiteathlete33

The Hock

Master
I'm starting to feel sorry for Taylor at this point. Who's managing him? Abraham is absolutely the wrong guy for him to fight.

They're just using Taylor to get Abraham some name recognition in the U.S. market.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lorenzo is more black than hispanic. Taylor will get ruined by King Arthur. The last remnants of skill and ability will be beaten out of him. I am afraid Taylor will end up like the other Taylor, Meldrick. Once a great fighter who was KO'd with 2 seconds to go in the fight by Julio Ceasar Chavez. He then suffered two subsequent KO losses and now walks around as a semi invalid. Poor guy. If I am Taylor's family and management I would tell him to retire now, before Abraham inflicts life changing blows.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Westside said:
Lorenzo is more black than hispanic. Taylor will get ruined by King Arthur. The last remnants of skill and ability will be beaten out of him. I am afraid Taylor will end up like the other Taylor, Meldrick. Once a great fighter who was KO'd with 2 seconds to go in the fight by Julio Ceasar Chavez. He then suffered two subsequent KO losses and now walks around as a semi invalid. Poor guy. If I am Taylor's family and management I would tell him to retire now, before Abraham inflicts life changing blows.

After getting kicked around by so many whites he won't be allowed in the ghetto anymore. To think he was once the prince and pride of HBO.
My goodness times have changed.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Taylor is going to develop a phobia of White people after he gets his ass kicked by yet another one.

let's see, if i remember correctly Taylor has lost 3 fights in his career ... all of them to White fighters. and he's about to be put to sleep by another one, so that'll be 4 ... 4 losses to White men in a row. he's going to have to move to Liberia or Rwanda or something in order to not be seeing ghosts of the Ghost (two defeats) and the rest of his White superiors.
smiley2.gif

also, the two other blacks in the upcomingtourneywill likelybe catching zzz's after stepping in the ring with Froch and Kessler. i "almost" feel bad for "my fellow Americans" walking towards certain doom.
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Taylor is going to develop a phobia of White people after he gets his ass kicked by yet another one.
<div> </div>
<div>let's see, if i remember correctly Taylor has lost 3 fights in his career ... all of them to White fighters. and he's about to be put to sleep by another one, so that'll be 4 ... 4 losses to White men in a row. he's going to have to move to Liberia or Rwanda or something in order to not be seeing ghosts of the Ghost (two defeats) and the rest of his White superiors.
smiley2.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>also, the two other blacks in the upcoming tourney will likely be catching zzz's after stepping in the ring with Froch and Kessler. i "almost" feel bad for "my fellow Americans" walking towards certain doom.
smiley36.gif

smiley4.gif
</div>

Jimmy, you remeber the '70s and '80s and part of the '90s. We've been waiting a long time for the glory days to return!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know anything about these two bruvas Dirrell and Ward. Do they have any chance at beating Froch or Kessler?

JD074

Master
The Hock said:
They're just using Taylor to get Abraham some name recognition in the U.S. market.

Exactly. Taylor, Ward, and Dirrell are there because they're Americans. They certainly haven't earned it. In a pure meritocracy, it would be Bute, Andrade, and Balzsay. But boxing is a business like everything else.

I just looked at the Ring rankings and Bika and Green are ahead of Balszay, but I'll stick with Balszay because he has a belt, for what that's worth.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
JD074 said:
The Hock said:

Exactly. Taylor, Ward, and Dirrell are there because they're Americans. They certainly haven't earned it. In a pure meritocracy, it would be Bute, Andrade, and Balzsay. But boxing is a business like everything else.

I just looked at the Ring rankings and Bika and Green are ahead of Balszay, but I'll stick with Balszay because he has a belt, for what that's worth.

Those three will make good highlight clips on the mat.
smiley2.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Showtime Tournament Photo Shoot Video

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTTFH2s-ZI[/tube]

Westside

Hall of Famer
It was kind of cool to show these guys joking around with each other. But as always a black (not Jermaine) has to try to hog the show. I hope his back hogs the mat in the ring!