Arreola vs Stiverne

Westside

Hall of Famer
I was surfing the boxing sites on the web. Over at ESB, on their home page was a piece of Arreola vs Stiverne presser piece for the fight this Saturday. Man, Stiverne went ghetto fabulous and TNB at the presser towards Arreola. Stiverne who was in my eyes a professional, now went Broner. D*ck. Then Arreola, got up on the podium and told him, " I once respected you, now I am going f*ck you up come Saturday!" Looking forward to Saturday. And if Arreola wins, he will rub it in the negroes face. It appeared that both were not acting. The MSM is in hyper mode in hoping that Stiverne will be the next black hope to dethrone Wlad. Not going to happen.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Negroes are already bragging they'll have a heavyweight champ:

http://www.boxingasylum.com/showthread.php?t=59968#.U2zlLIbU1J8

We should root for Arreola, because he and his promoter say if they win, he'll unify with Wladimir Klitschko.

Knowing what Don King is like, if Stiverne wins, they'll be no unification.

Wlad would be the first to hold all four heavyweight titles. Lewis and Tyson had three.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'm rooting for Arreola. Hopefully there'll be a good stream. What time does it start?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'm rooting for Arreola. Hopefully there'll be a good stream. What time does it start?
ESPN is broadcasting it on regular cable. Probably 2100 hour EST.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It's being shown here on The Sports Network (TSN) at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern.

For once, I'll be able to watch a live (or slightly delayed) fight on my HD big screen TV (we get the replays of HBO events a couple of weeks after they happen).

If it happens a bit before that, I'll turn off my computer because it's more fun to watch it on TV if I don't already know the outcome.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's being shown here on The Sports Network (TSN) at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern.

For once, I'll be able to watch a live (or slightly delayed) fight on my HD big screen TV (we get the replays of HBO events a couple of weeks after they happen).

If it happens a bit before that, I'll turn off my computer because it's more fun to watch it on TV if I don't already know the outcome.
Sir that looks like the fight will be delayed by 2 hours. TSN did this in the past when they picked up HBO fights and had schedule conflicts. I recall winning a bar bet or two because of this.......:wink:

Westside

Hall of Famer
The buzz is Arreola will be in the best shape of his life for his chance at history. It should be, cause if he loses, a long road back if ever. Should be an interesting weigh in.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The buzz is Arreola will be in the best shape of his life for his chance at history. It should be, cause if he loses, a long road back if ever. Should be an interesting weigh in.
I doubt it. He really hasn't looked trim since he became a fringe contender. When he was a prospect he looked trim but he fought every two months or so. Once he started fighting on HBO his lazy eating habits starting biting him in the ass. If I could easily find it I could show you a fight of Cristobal when he fought at 178 he looked like contestant from Survivor..:icon_mrgreen: Ps I saw the weigh in photos he looked good for him. I did notice that he had gynecomastia which is a sign of a hormonal imbalance? I hope that's not a sign of PED usage. It also could be a sign of loose skin as he has gained and lost weight more than Delta Burke or Oprah Winfrey...:tongue:

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Both weighed in at 239 lbs. I could actually see definition in Arreola's abs. I think this is the lightest he has been in over 8 years.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Well hoping for an Arreola win tomorrow night, and by stoppage. Afterwards, if my prediction holds true, looking forward to the forums of butt hurt DWFs and negroes as Arreola lays waste to an all of sudden chirping affeletic boxer.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Stiverne KO'd Arreola. Congrats to him. He has power and some quickness. Lets have him and Wilder fight to see who is the best Amerikan Heavyweight affelet.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well hoping for an Arreola win tomorrow night, and by stoppage. Afterwards, if my prediction holds true, looking forward to the forums of butt hurt DWFs and negroes as Arreola lays waste to an all of sudden chirping affeletic boxer.
It looks like Stiverne has an iron chin as he was tagged with good shots and felled Cristobal with another counter punch right hand and had him on jelly legs until the referee stopped the fight shortly after the second knockdown. IMO the referee could have stopped it after the second knockdown as Arreola couldn't walk forward without a wobble. This win makes the Wilder fight more interesting to see if Stiverne can take Wilder in deep waters and drown him. Aside from that he really brings nothing but the belt to a potential Klitschko showdown.

Didn't see the fight yet but this is a meaningful win for Stiverne. Apparently, Stiverne was hurt badly and losing the fight according to 2 judges, then Stiverne scored a TKO. Stiverne had 60 fights as an amateur, losing many of them and never really winning anything. Arreola had 100 or so amateur fights, and IIRC he was USA national champion a few times. So, this result is disappointing for Cris and he shoulda won it. Cris has had some punishing fights in his career and his form seems to have deteriorated. It seems like Cris's days as a legit possible Heavyweight champ are over.

I'd love to see Wlad VS Stiverne. Stiverne is promoted by Don King and King has traveled to Europe for fights before so it is possible. Wlad makes way more money than anyone at heavyweight so if Stiverne and King want to get paid they'll fight Wlad. Alex Leapai just made 1.5 Million VS Wlad and Stiverne would probably make more than that due to his belt and comparatively better record. Stiverne certainly wont make that kind of money anywhere else... So I expect Wlad will soon be getting a fight with him. IBF have ordered Wlad to fight Pulev but theyve done that before and Pulev delayed. There is also a chance IBF will extend the mandatory to allow for unification.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Didn't see the fight yet but this is a meaningful win for Stiverne. Apparently, Stiverne was hurt badly and losing the fight according to 2 judges, then Stiverne scored a TKO. Stiverne had 60 fights as an amateur, losing many of them and never really winning anything. Arreola had 100 or so amateur fights, and IIRC he was USA national champion a few times. So, this result is disappointing for Cris and he shoulda won it. Cris has had some punishing fights in his career and his form seems to have deteriorated. It seems like Cris's days as a legit possible Heavyweight champ are over.
Yes he will become something like Ray Mercer was after he lost his WBO belt. He's not skilled or athletic enough to beat the top 5 or so in the division but he can kick butt against paper contenders or top 25 type guys.

I remember seeing a Tommy Morrison fight and Larry Merchant mentioned that Tommy Morrison was voted most likely to die before 30 in high school, I would put Cris in this category but notch it up to 40. His heavy drinking and socializing with legitimate gang members and street people could cost him his life one day ie Robert Quiroga who was stabbed to death by a motor bike gang member in a drunken fight .

a5308860

Banned
I wasn't that impressed with Stiverne. He was losing at the time of the stoppage. Lucky for him, Arreola can't go very many rounds. Arreola was done coming into the final round. You could tell it was only a matter of time. Good effort by Cris though.

They interviewed Dan Rafael during the broadcast and he said he doesn't think either of these guys bring much to the table in a fight with Wlad. I agree. I think Wilder brings even less. Hopefully Stiverne and Wilder fight each other next and the winner (Probably Stiverne) fights Wlad after. Wlad will then hold all 4 belts. Rafael said Wlad possibly would want that fight to be in the US. I don't see the point of it. He fills stadiums in Europe full of people that appreciate his skills. He's not appreciated in the US.

a5308860

Banned
Negroes are already bragging they'll have a heavyweight champ:

http://www.boxingasylum.com/showthread.php?t=59968#.U2zlLIbU1J8

We should root for Arreola, because he and his promoter say if they win, he'll unify with Wladimir Klitschko.

Knowing what Don King is like, if Stiverne wins, they'll be no unification.

Wlad would be the first to hold all four heavyweight titles. Lewis and Tyson had three.

I think King and Stiverne will hang on to that belt for dear life, never fighting any potential threats, or putting it off for as long as possible. Similar to what David Haye did after he won a belt from Valuev. Except Haye always intended to fight Wlad for the big pay day. I doubt King will ever let Stiverne go near him.

As for the overreaction to Stiverne becoming a "champion," it's in full swing now. Some are actually saying that 42 year old Vitali retired to avoid fighting him. :icon_rolleyes: Someone should remind them that this guy was losing to Arreola when the fight was halted.

Last edited:
I think King and Stiverne will hang on to that belt for dear life, never fighting any potential threats, or putting it off for as long as possible. Similar to what David Haye did after he won a belt from Valuev. Except Haye always intended to fight Wlad for the big pay day. I doubt King will ever let Stiverne go near him.
Interesting comments. But fighting in the USA, on HBO or Showtime (even against Wilder) I doubt Stiverne makes more than 1 Million dollars per fight. There was only 3000 fans at his fight VS Arreola. There doesnt seem to be a market there for him, and even Wilder isnt making much money. *The big money at heavyweight is fighting Wlad*, Wlad has made more than 20 Mil per fight in the past, and as an opponent Stiverne would probably make 5 Mill or so. That wont happen with anyone else...

It would be stupid on King's part to fight (and possibly lose) to a top10 guy in USA for 1 Mill when he can do much better going to Germany and fighting Wlad. Media has reported Wlad wants the fight now, so I suspect K2 will offer Stiverne something substantial (5 Mill +). I strongly doubt anyone can beat that offer.

a5308860

Banned
Interesting comments. But fighting in the USA, on HBO or Showtime (even against Wilder) I doubt Stiverne makes more than 1 Million dollars per fight. There was only 3000 fans at his fight VS Arreola. There doesnt seem to be a market there for him, and even Wilder isnt making much money. *The big money at heavyweight is fighting Wlad*, Wlad has made more than 20 Mil per fight in the past, and as an opponent Stiverne would probably make 5 Mill or so. That wont happen with anyone else...

Good points and I hope you're right. I'd love to see Wlad get the chance to unify right away. Stiverne isn't that good and would be taking a chance fighting contenders for a lot less money, so it makes more sense for him to cash out now against Wlad. It just depends on if they want to take their chances against other HW first, like Haye did. They know Wlad isn't going anywhere anytime soon and they know Stiverne has no chance in that fight. Huge risk for them because Stiverne is simply not that good. He's no David Haye.

I know that the anti-Klitschko types would love for Stiverne to stick around awhile. I'm already tired of hearing how this ordinary fighter, that was losing to Cris Arreola, would have beaten a pre-Emanuel Steward Wlad or how he chased Vitali into retirement. Overreaction, but it's the most the anti-Klitschko types have been able to celebrate for over a decade.

That attendance figure doesn't surprise me. Some might be surprised to hear the attendance was that low the way some of the mainstream boxing media is carrying on about this.