Any LAX Fans

IceSpeed2

Guru
I actually love LAX. It has roughness, skill, but a very friendly atmosphere. Anybody here fans of MLL or NCAA LAX?
It is white dominated(although Jim Brown is the games greatest player) and has a very amateur/collegiate feel.

Its hockey for the spring.Edited by: IceSpeed2

Realgeorge

Mentor
Every lacrosse player in the Atlantic Coast Conference wants to display the obligatory bumper sticker, "Chicks love our Sticks"

Kaptain

Master
When I hear so and so (black athlete) was the games greatest player ever, it makes me a bit suspicious. I mean we all know Bob Gibson and Satchel Page were the greatest baseball pitchers of all time, Tiger Woods the greatest golfer, Willie Mays the greatest all around player - on and on and on.
smiley2.gif
My guess is that there are and were greater players than Brown at Lacrosse. Here is a blurb on his stats:

As a junior, he rushed for 666 yards (5.2 per carry), averaged 11.3 points in basketball and was named a second-team All-American in lacrosse. In his senior year, Brown was first-team All-American in both football and lacrosse (43 goals in 10 games to tie for the national scoring championship). He averaged 6.2 yards in running for 986 yards -- third most in the country despite Syracuse playing only eight games -- and scored 14 touchdowns.

So somebody tied him his senior year? Why isn't that guy the greatest? As a junior he was only second team All-American? Currently Brown owns exactly zero individual records at Syracuse alone. My point is don't repeat things because someone said the same thing on TV. Always question everything!Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Awesome myth-shattering post Kaptain Poop! People should check everything and determine who is saying what and why they are saying it. They may be trying to push a bunch of propoganda that has little factual basis.

I thought the greatest lacrosse player of all time was that gay Jew that played at Dartmouth, you know, the one that somehow got a feature-length article in ESPN the Rag.

Paul Tabliabue's son? Oh wait, he's not a Jew, just gay.