Another one...Pettigrew

G

Huh? I'm a troll because I appreciate intelligent dialogue?

Okay let me go over these names and state who most likely doped here and I will state why. Cason was a doper he shattered his femur and subsequently retired in the early 90's and he also had unusual muscularity.

Actually, his early 90's "retirement" was due to a torn achilles tendon. He came back and competed through '98, including dropping a 10.07 in '96. Andre Cason was a freak ever since high school. He clocked a 10.08 his senior year. He topped out 4 years later with a 9.92. That's only 16/100ths of a second improvement over 4 years. That doesn't strike me an anything other than natural progression.

As far as his muscularity, that's an empty argument. Have you ever been to a gym? Do you honestly believe every single guy in there with a muscular physique is juicing? If a Joe Blow off the street is ripped, why would you find it peculiar that a world-class athlete, who's paid to train everyday, would have a competitive physique as well?

Coming into the 2006 indoor season, Craig Pickering was a 6.83 60m stringbean. One year later, he was a ripped, sinewy, veiny 6.55 behemoth. That's amazing progress in one year, no? Now he's having trouble staying healthy. He's much more muscular than Gay, Powell, Gatlin, Montgomery, Lewis, et al ever were. Do you find that suspect as well? My guess would be no, you don't. Sorry, but you didn't even come close to PROVING anything about Cason.

15nlnp0.jpg

Bruny Surin never failed a steroid test but he grew late in his career and suddenly could dip under 10 seconds with ease in 99' and by 2000 was breaking down like a race horse that was overworked.
He broke down because unlike most elite 100m runners, he ran full indoor seasons as well as outdoor, from '92 on, and never gave his body a chance to rest. He had 59 sub-6.60 60m's, and 36 sub-10.10 100m's. His times were consistent, from 10.14 in 1989, to 10.11 in 2001. He lived in the 10.0x's for over a decade, and breached 10 only a handful of times, exhibiting nothing out of the ordinary. Sorry, but you didn't even come close to PROVING anything about Surin.

Thompson always looked clean to me, but he is married to the biggest female fraud since Flo Juice.

Lolol, yea, he married Marion Jones 10 years after he dropped his 9.87. Guilty! LOLOL! Sorry, but that doesn't even come close to PROVING anything.

There was a a rumour all over the internet that Fasuba was asking about roid cycles on bodybuilding boards and registered with his nickname.
Yea, and we all know every internet rumor is true.. especially ones in which sprinters using their own names scour the net in search of illegal PED's that would destroy their lives and livelihood if caught. You can't be serious. Your internet rumor doesn't come close to PROVING a thing.

Then it's Crawford who's training partner was dirty and Crawford had a obviously too muscular physique. Also he has mysteriously slowed down since his coach has been popped. He blamed it on bunions, anybody with a brain could put 2 and 2 together and figure out why.

No, anyone with an agenda can ASSUME. Crawford's on the other side of 30, and has been battling iunjuries. Of all the guys you mentioned, he's the only one who even comes close to suspicion.

While you swung and missed at all of the others, I'll give you a foul tip for this one. Even though you didn't prove a thing, I'm feeling generous.

Bolt is dirty he popped a 9.76' in May? He also was never a hundred meter sprinter and he trains in country with lax drug testing standards.
Several personal bests were set last weekend which is indicative of suspect timing. Jamaican sprinters are tested by the same international governing body that every other country is tested by. You've, as usual, proved nothing.

Both Leonard Scott and Greene are going to be exposed as drug cheats in this trial coming up.
I haven't heard ANYTHING about Leonard Scott. I doubt there's any connection between the two whatsoever. I would ask you to prove it, but I won't bother because I know you can't. I seriously think you pulled his name out of the air because he's a bodybuilder.

Also, Heredia claims Mo Greene STARTED using with him after injuries in 2003 (sorta like the Andy Pettite defense) to hold onto his multi-million adidas contract. If this even happened, which I'll even give Heredia the benefit of the doubt and say it did, it was 6 YEARS AFTER he went sub-9.90 in the 100m, and 5 YEARS AFTER he went sub-6.40 in the 60m.

Wrong is wrong, though, so I'll give you Greene in the twilight of his career. I'd still like to hear what he says under oath. He might pull a Clemens.

I have talked a club level sprinter and we talked about Bailey and we both laughed that he was juicing for the same reasons as Surin and he told me story that in his training camp he had fridge in his rented house(in Texas) that had syringes sitting in them.
Yea, sure he did. And I bet Bailey used to throw in a couple scoops of ice cream, and make steroid smoothies too. Come on, you can do better than that.

I could go on but this is sufficient for the passionate troll.......

Sufficient for what? Wasting my time? You PROVED about as much as I expected you to.. nothing. If you think you did, you unfortunately don't know the meaning of the word.Edited by: Maximus

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Maximus: I think you present some well-reasoned arguments and have done a pretty good job refuting some of the claims of other posters. I don`t necessarily think you are a troll. The problem is that we are here to cheer on white athletes and combat the racial discrimination that is rampant in so many sports. So if you want to fight with some of the people here, it`s your business, but I don`t think you`re going to change many minds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maximus said:
Huh? I'm a troll because I appreciate intelligent dialogue?

Okay let me go over these names and state who most likely doped here and I will state why. Cason was a doper he shattered his femur and subsequently retired in the early 90's and he also had unusual muscularity.

Actually, his early 90's "retirement" was due to a torn achilles tendon. He came back and competed through '98, including dropping a 10.07 in '96. Andre Cason was a freak ever since high school. He clocked a 10.08 his senior year. He topped out 4 years later with a 9.92. That's only 16/100ths of a second improvement over 4 years. That doesn't strike me an anything other than natural progression.

As far as his muscularity, that's an empty argument. Have you ever been to a gym? Do you honestly believe every single guy in there with a muscular physique is juicing? If a Joe Blow off the street is ripped, why would you find it peculiar that a world-class athlete, who's paid to train everyday, would have a competitive physique as well?

Coming into the 2006 indoor season, Craig Pickering was a 6.83 60m stringbean. One year later, he was a ripped, sinewy, veiny 6.55 behemoth. That's amazing progress in one year, no? Now he's having trouble staying healthy. He's much more muscular than Gay, Powell, Gatlin, Montgomery, Lewis, et al ever were. Do you find that suspect as well? My guess would be no, you don't. Sorry, but you didn't even come close to PROVING anything about Cason.

15nlnp0.jpg

Bruny Surin never failed a steroid test but he grew late in his career and suddenly could dip under 10 seconds with ease in 99' and by 2000 was breaking down like a race horse that was overworked.
He broke down because unlike most elite 100m runners, he ran full indoor seasons as well as outdoor, from '92 on, and never gave his body a chance to rest. He had 59 sub-6.60 60m's, and 36 sub-10.10 100m's. His times were consistent, from 10.14 in 1989, to 10.11 in 2001. He lived in the 10.0x's for over a decade, and breached 10 only a handful of times, exhibiting nothing out of the ordinary. Sorry, but you didn't even come close to PROVING anything about Surin.

Thompson always looked clean to me, but he is married to the biggest female fraud since Flo Juice.

Lolol, yea, he married Marion Jones 10 years after he dropped his 9.87. Guilty! LOLOL! Sorry, but that doesn't even come close to PROVING anything.

There was a a rumour all over the internet that Fasuba was asking about roid cycles on bodybuilding boards and registered with his nickname.
Yea, and we all know every internet rumor is true.. especially ones in which sprinters using their own names scour the net in search of illegal PED's that would destroy their lives and livelihood if caught. You can't be serious. Your internet rumor doesn't come close to PROVING a thing.

Then it's Crawford who's training partner was dirty and Crawford had a obviously too muscular physique. Also he has mysteriously slowed down since his coach has been popped. He blamed it on bunions, anybody with a brain could put 2 and 2 together and figure out why.

No, anyone with an agenda can ASSUME. Crawford's on the other side of 30, and has been battling iunjuries. Of all the guys you mentioned, he's the only one who even comes close to suspicion.

While you swung and missed at all of the others, I'll give you a foul tip for this one. Even though you didn't prove a thing, I'm feeling generous.

Bolt is dirty he popped a 9.76' in May? He also was never a hundred meter sprinter and he trains in country with lax drug testing standards.
Several personal bests were set last weekend which is indicative of suspect timing. Jamaican sprinters are tested by the same international governing body that every other country is tested by. You've, as usual, proved nothing.

Both Leonard Scott and Greene are going to be exposed as drug cheats in this trial coming up.
I haven't heard ANYTHING about Leonard Scott. I doubt there's any connection between the two whatsoever. I would ask you to prove it, but I won't bother because I know you can't. I seriously think you pulled his name out of the air because he's a bodybuilder.

Also, Heredia claims Mo Greene STARTED using with him after injuries in 2003 (sorta like the Andy Pettite defense) to hold onto his multi-million adidas contract. If this even happened, which I'll even give Heredia the benefit of the doubt and say it did, it was 6 YEARS AFTER he went sub-9.90 in the 100m, and 5 YEARS AFTER he went sub-6.40 in the 60m.

Wrong is wrong, though, so I'll give you Greene in the twilight of his career. I'd still like to hear what he says under oath. He might pull a Clemens.

I have talked a club level sprinter and we talked about Bailey and we both laughed that he was juicing for the same reasons as Surin and he told me story that in his training camp he had fridge in his rented house(in Texas) that had syringes sitting in them.
Yea, sure he did. And I bet Bailey used to throw in a couple scoops of ice cream, and make steroid smoothies too. Come on, you can do better than that.

I could go on but this is sufficient for the passionate troll.......

Sufficient for what? Wasting my time? You PROVED about as much as I expected you to.. nothing. If you think you did, you unfortunately don't know the meaning of the word.
If you give me your email I will tell you the name of the sprinter I talked to in Toronto and tell you where he placed and where I met him and what his job was in 99' to 00'. I'm not making this up. He competed in the Canadian National Championships. (He is black by the way). Scott is such an obvious juicer it's not funny. Most guys in the gyms are muscular but have a fairly high body fat ratio and don't do any hard running which taxes the muscles and will cause injuries because the muscles are being over taxed with the workload. If I see a guy who is ripped and massive I know he is a juicer(not that I care really for non-competitive athletes). To be honest Pickering has grown a lot I hope it's not PED's but who knows. I do know that if he is using he won't be shown any favours by the British testers if he is caught. Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
First off, Maximus has to prove that he wants to be here. You do not join a board to constantly argue with any members that support white sprinters & white athletes in general unless you dislike white athletes.

This seems to clearly be the case. There are so many other boards he can go to where almost everyone will agree with him. You are very close to being banned Maximus. Prove that you like white athletes or quit wasting your time. Not to mention our time arguing with a person who thinks he is always right.

As for Pickering, I highly doubt that he is on PEDs. He always speaks out against steroids just like Jason Gardner did. Great Britain is as tough in there drug testing as anyone in the world. They are far stricter than the US. Not to mention Jamaica and other countries.

I for one DO BELEIVE that whites can be competetive in the sprints and eventually challenge for the medals. We need to get past the brain washing that has transpired for the last 4 decades or so. Wariner is only the beginning in a rebirth of white sprinters. We will have several guys go sub 10. You can hold me to that. The coming years will prove my hypothesis to be correct.

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
Now it seems the other way around. The European community has a lot more respect for track and field today IMO. You almost never see blacks from Europe in the 100 meter finals.

You seem to misinterpret the immensity of black athletism. First of all "blacks" are not winning the Olympics because they are Americans, but because they are "black"Â￾. And if youve studied your Geography you'll realize that its usually "blacks" from west African descent that tend to run sub ten.. Why is this you ask?, its because they are simply the most athletic men in the universe. For anybody that follows the All African athletes

Here's a brief list of PURE Africans that ran sub 10(just a brief list)

Aziz zakari from ghana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Zakari

Frankie Fredericks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Fredericks

Fracis Obikwlu from Nigeria (but currently runs for Portugal)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Obikwelu

Deji Aliu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deji_Aliu

Uchenna Emedolu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchenna_Emedolu

Olusoji Fasuba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olusoji_Fasuba

This is just a brief list people. I feel as though some of you are delusional at best. And i dont blame you, however, you should at the very least, not base your judgement on hate, just admit that blacks on average are way more athletic than whites.Edited by: J_McBride

G

white lightning said:
First off, Maximus has to prove that he wants to be here. You do not join a board to constantly argue with any members that support white sprinters & white athletes in general unless you dislike white athletes.

This seems to clearly be the case. There are so many other boards he can go to where almost everyone will agree with him. You are very close to being banned Maximus. Prove that you like white athletes or quit wasting your time. Not to mention our time arguing with a person who thinks he is always right.

As for Pickering, I highly doubt that he is on PEDs. He always speaks out against steroids just like Jason Gardner did. Great Britain is as tough in there drug testing as anyone in the world. They are far stricter than the US. Not to mention Jamaica and other countries.

I for one DO BELEIVE that whites can be competetive in the sprints and eventually challenge for the medals. We need to get past the brain washing that has transpired for the last 4 decades or so. Wariner is only the beginning in a rebirth of white sprinters. We will have several guys go sub 10. You can hold me to that. The coming years will prove my hypothesis to be correct.

Youre correct on your assertion that whites will eventually run sub ten. I mean, even a monkey on crack can figure that one out. But dont you think, by the time whites are running at that velocity ,that blacks will be running in the 9.7-9.8 range at ease?

Just think about it, when the fastest blacks could easily clock 9.9-10.0 on any given event, the fastest whites were running at around 10.1-10-2. Right now the fastest blacks easily clock 9.8-9.9, and the fastest white are at about 10.0-10.1. Now i dont know about your profeciency in mathematics but to me it looks like a constant proportion. That is, everytime the white race 100m time increases by 0.1 of a second, blacks are increassing at a similar rate. And the level of speed increased by the white race in the 100m is in perfect equation to that of blacks. The deviation is something like 20 split-seconds, which calculates to

blacks >9.9/100= 0.099s/m
whites >10.1/100=0.101s/m
0.101s/m divided by 0.099s= 1.02 m

Blacks are faster than whites by 1.02 metersEdited by: J_McBride

albinosprint

Mentor
McBride,

It doesn't take much more then a set of eyes to tell that Fredericks has a ***** in the wood pile. He may have been born in Africa, but his skin tells another story.

Maximus,

yes you are a troll and its because you really aren't here to support white athletes. you have another agenda. and Pickering looks tiny compared to Gay.
2008-05-11_205053_Tyson_Gay_424873c.jpg

2008-05-11_205111_37560_w400xh600.jpg

albinosprint

Mentor
McBride,

why is it that whites kept up with blacks through the 40's, 50's and 60's? if you look at any Olympic 100m finales from then you would see that the white where just as competitive as the blacks. with a finale being spilt almost half & half. so tell me why are blacks so much faster? seem pretty even to me 40 to 50 years ago. and don't try telling me it was because of racism.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
J_McBride said:
white lightning said:

Hey WL

Youre correct on your assertion that whites will eventually run sub ten. I mean, even a monkey on crack can figure that one out. But dont you think, by the time whites are running at that velocity ,that blacks will be running in the 9.7-9.8 range at ease?

Just think about it, when the fastest blacks could easily clock 9.9-10.0 on any given event, the fastest whites were running at around 10.1-10-2. Right now the fastest blacks easily clock 9.8-9.9, and the fastest white are at about 10.0-10.1. Now i dont know your profeciency in mathematics but that to me looks like a constant proportion. That is, everytime the white race 100m time increases by 0.1 of a second, blacks are increassing at a similar rate. And the level of speed increased by the white race in the 100m is in perfect equation to that of blacks. The deviation is something like 20 slit-seconds, which calculates to

blacks >9.9/100= 0.099/m
whites >10.1/100=0.101/m
0.099-0.101=0.002

=0.002/m x 1000= 2meters

Blacks are faster than whites by 2 meters

This seems to me to be a spurious correlation, though I won't claim to be some kind of math expert. I do know a little something about sophism though, a speaking technique whose primary characteristic is misinformation -- whether unintentional or by design -- where the speaker misunderstands or misrepresents facts and thus causes his audience to believe something is true, when in reality it isn't.

In my opinion (I don't know if you've read some kind of scientific periodical to refute this) the human is reaching the practical limits of his potential speed in the 100 meters, whether he is white or black. Unless human beings somehow make severe and unforeseen genetic advances within only a few years, or unless training and nutrition methods improve to such an extent that athletic performance is similarly enhanced, it's not realistic to think 9.7 is a regularly reachable time by sprinters of any race.

Elite sprint times have stayed relatively constant over the last thirty years or so.

Running a dead 10.00 is still a magnificent time in 2008, just as it would have been an excellent time in 1978. Running a 10.00 this year, last year, or any year would win you a lot of different 100 meter races in a lot of venues -- and yes, against elite competition.

The veracity of '9.74' is already in dispute.

When you say "right now the fastest blacks easily clock 9.8 -9.9" it may sound to someone who doesn't do their research like you're claiming that many blacks regularly smash 10.00 seconds. On a literal level you are correct -- the fastest group of blacks have repeatedly defeated 10 seconds. However it would perhaps be useful to qualify your statement by admitting that the "fastest blacks": represent an extremely small group, especially relative to the total number of elite black sprinters extant in the world, and that indeed some members of this admittedly small club have fallen under suspicion of impropriety.

Who are the fastest blacks? The following are all the different black men who have run faster than 10 seconds in the last four years. Some have repeatedly run faster than 10 seconds in consecutive years (in parentheses).

2004:

Justin Gatlin (also 2005, 2006)
Francis Obikwelu (also 2006)
MauriceGreene&nbsp ;
Asafa Powell (also 2005, 2006, 2007)
Shawn Crawford (also 2005)
John Capel
Coby Miller

2005:

Leonard Scott (also 2006)
Mark Burns
Asiz Zakari
Darrell Brown
Ronald Pognon

2006:

Tyson Gay (also 2007)
Olusoji Fasuba
Marcus Brunson

2007:

Derrick Atkins
Walter dix
Wallace Spearmon
Samuel Francis

I do not include 2008 data as this season is not over.

So, eighteen black runners have defeated 10 seconds in the 100 meters at least once during the last four years. Of these eighteen, six have been able to repeat their performances in a subsequent season. All the others were unable to repeat their sub-10 second times in a subsequent season.

Therefore, we have twelve black runners who have maintained their sub-10 second ability in at least two consecutive seasons within the last four years. How many elite black sprinters are there again in the world?

That's right.

Only a tiny fraction can beat 10 seconds.

Your claims to a "constant proportion" (i.e., if white sprinter runs 9.9, black sprinter should run 9.7) are invalid because the variables involved (white sprinters, black sprinters) are not infinitely changeable, as in, they are not limitless.

The speed limit on most highways in 1955 was approximately 45-50mph. In 1975, approximately 55-60 mph. In 1995, 70-75 mph. It would be wrong to predict that this hitherto constant proportion (every 20 years = 15 or 20 mph increase) will continue and thus in 2005 our speed limits will be 90-95mph, and in 2025 our speed limits will be 110-115 mph.

Unless cars, highways, or other variables change in some unforeseeable way.

Similarly, human beings have surpassed the point in the short sprint where we can gain a whole second, or even a half-second on the previous best time. At best we can hope for improvements in the tenths-of-a-second (highly unlikely now), or hundredths (less likely but still possible).

Unless humans or other variables change over time in an unforeseeable way.

Steroids -- used, I might say by some of the very same athletes named above whom you espouse so well -- have screwed with the variables.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I detect a strong sense of condescension in your posts, and, I might add, the fact that your screen name has only 6 posts in nearly a year leads me also to believe that you use that screen name as an inflammatory "character" to agree with your various other aliases or -- if you are a "one shot persona" -- else stir up other controversy on occasions where you see fit to do so.

It's clear you consider yourself some kind of intellectual (hence, your dropping of various mathematical terms and your talking down to the board, not least to say your ponderous geography lesson) and that you're casting pearls before swine here, so why do you come here?

Oh yes, that's right.

To f--k with the "racists", and you get your jollies by riling the "racists" up and getting under their skin with your [wrong] facts.

Who's the racist again?

People on this site are simply trying to defend the white athlete against negative stereotypes.

What is racist about rooting for a white man to gain that precious hundredth of a second that is still possible for the human anatomy to attain so that we can say "yes, we too have gone under 10 seconds as a race"?

Is it racist for blacks to root for a black actor to win an academy award? Or the professorship at a prestigious university?

What is racist is assuming any white person who wants to see other caucasians succeed must, by "constant proportion", therefore want people of other races to fail, or be seen as inferior.

You're really transparent. "Any monkey on crack" can see that.

Like Nas told Jay-Z: "were you afraid to smile when you were a child? Did they call you ugly?"

Have a nice day worshiping "the immensity of black athleticism", Mr. Sophist. Er, J McBride.

Er... whoever the hell you are or say you are.Edited by: GiovaniMarcon

white is right

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
McBride,

It doesn't take much more then a set of eyes to tell that Fredericks has a ***** in the wood pile. He may have been born in Africa, but his skin tells another story.

Maximus,

yes you are a troll and its because you really aren't here to support white athletes. you have another agenda. and Pickering looks tiny compared to Gay.
2008-05-11_205053_Tyson_Gay_424873c.jpg

2008-05-11_205111_37560_w400xh600.jpg
Pickering looks tiny compared to Gay, but Gay in his college days looks tiny compared to Gay of 08'. Frankie Fredericks is from Namibia and has German surname, there are some Namibians who have some German ancestry and judging from his looks he has partial German ancestry. Also he isn't of West African ancestry. Namibia is Southern Africa and not Western Africa. His speed could be from his European ancestry.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
For some reason, J_McBride is threatened by the views on this website.

I don't go to blackathlete.com - so... why does he come here??

It sounds like he's bothered by "taboo" discussion and wants to stifle it in the name of "anti-hatred or anti-racism."

You mention that PURE West Africans are the chosen athletes, but then you say that blacks are way more athletic than Whites on average. Are these afformentioned "blacks" of pure blood as well? It sounds like you're spreading typical Caste ideology -- i.e. "If 1 black is a great athlete THEN all blacks must, naturally, be great athletes."

Go back to school!

waterbed

Mentor
In Europe also blacks can't run under 10 except of shawn crafword but he lives in South Europe with good climate.The only european sub 10 from not south europe is Jason Gardener and he is half white (also Chambres did run a sub 10 but he was juiced)I think because white Europeans are not so much brainwashed 100 meter sprinting would be like baskettbal with a lot of white winnings
smiley36.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Maximus said:
10.10 has been breached over 1,400 times.. and only 21 times by white sprinters. 
Let's add a little perspective here. Prior to 1988, the year Ben Johnson was caught cheating, a sub-10 100m (wind legal, electronic timed, and not at altitude) was only run 8 times. Six of those eight times were run by Carl Lewis. Since then the 10 sec barrier has been broken over 250 times. It is hard to believe that all of the sprinters since 1988 could have accomplished what only one man could do (run multiple sub-10s as Lewis did) without PEDs. Don't tell me that it is training, because most of the modern training techniques were developed in the 60's and 70's. The modern tartan track surface was developed in the late 70's, so that couldn't be the answer. The only thing that changed was the widespread use of PEDs.

Prior 1988, 10.10 was only broken 81 times. 38 of those times (almost half) were by 3 men, Carl Lewis (24 times), Calvin Smith (7 times), and Mel Lattany (7 times). Take away Lewis' dominance in the event, and white sprinters are pretty well represented with about 15% of the total times under 10.10. Unlike today where there are no whites represented at the top of the elite sprinting world.

I am not arguing that white sprinters should dominate the 100m, but there should be some that can compete at the highest level, as they have prior to start of the steroid era in the mid 1980's.

As for Jamaican sprinters, you obviously have never been to Jamaica. You can't walk a block on any Jamaican street without being offered illegal drugs. It is part of their culture. Ben Johnson is a hero down there and owns a mansion on the hill overlooking Montego Bay. As I was riding in the cab on the road near his house, the driver told me that late at night you have to be careful because the drug smugglers use the road as a landing strip for their transport planes. To think that a young sprinter in that culture, after seeing the money that Ben Johnson made, is not using PEDs, you would have to be a very naive person.

Source: http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_100ok.htm#6

Observer

Mentor
I have been an observer of this website, and find many of the postings insightful, even enlightening. You folks seem to do about as well as anyone unraveling the complex of culture, genetics, and economics that sports are today.

Much of it is stereotyping, but I also think that track and field coaches have observed a real physiological phenomena of why white athletes tend to do better at events that require a combination of strength, speed, and endurance --- rather than solely speed and strength. These coaches observe, but do not understand. It is simply that caucasian athletes adjust to training by building both strength and endurance, while a person of west African descent simply cannot absorb enough oxygen to build endurance. As a result, the west African can not train as hard; he is not necessarily lazy, he simply does not have the same cardiovascular system as a caucasian (or Asian or east African). When white athletes are described as "tough", "high motor", "heart", there is a basis for this in physiology, and it is the better utilization of oxygen. However, this is kind of a double-edged sword, because the ability to do a larger training volume also means that fast-twitch muscle fibers tend to convert to slower-twitch with more training and oxygen (remember, the couch potato has a very high percentage of fast-twitch fibers). Thus, the caucasian athlete training to be a 200m sprinter can build great strength and endurance, but because his body adjusts well to the rigors of training, his muscles tend to develop toward slower twitch fibers the more he trains, and he then becomes a 400m man... and the 400m becomes 800m, and so on..

Most people think that the way to build speed, endurance, and strength is hard work, rest, and good nutrition. But there is something much more fundamental than any of these, and that is simply BREATHING. Caucasians tend to have large chest cavities, while west Africans have proportionally smaller lungs, and are doubly burdened because their red blood cells do not absorb oxygen well. Think of sickle-cell anemia, but on a minor scale. Recovery from hard work is key, and it is here where drugs help this process, whereas in the old days it was breathing, sleep and nutrition.

So, with training adjusted to the particular physiology of the black or white athlete, the white athlete will tend to excel in events that require great strength and endurance. The white athlete can still focus on short sprinting, but he will need to concentrate on plyometric and high-intensity activities so that he does not inadvertently become an endurance athlete (the risk in this kind of training is injury). In distance running, the caucasian body tends to hold in too much heat to compete with the thin bodies of the east Africans in an endurance-only event, and also the caucasian tends to be heavier and more muscular, which is not necessarily of benefit in a long run. If the event was wife-carrying, or something where strength and endurance is required (think decathlon), then the caucasian excels. The west African has a problem getting in enough training to excel because of the lesser lung capacity per body size. I think that in the pre-drug days, this matter of breathing even hampered the ability of the west Africans to excel in sprinting, simply because sprint training also requires some lung capacity to help recovery. Does it ever seem strange to you, as a caucasian, to see a black football player sucking at the oxygen tank after a long run? Again, I do not think he is out-of-shape or lazy, but simply a matter of the way his lungs and blood work.

Many studies have shown that an immediate intake of oxygen (such as in a hyperbaric chamber) helps perform wondrous recovery from injury, whether that be injuries to muscle, brain, or burnt skin. The caucasian has a kind of built-in hyperbaric chamber that the west African does not have, and I think that in the pre-drug days this created an equilibrium that allowed the white sprinter to train harder, and thus excel in sprinting over his longer-legged black competitor. However, drugs are a potent tool for recovery, and perhaps this helps the west African recover from training, but yet not have his fast-twitch fibers develop into slower-twitch. The adaptation to the slower-twitch, higher-endurance fibers for the caucasian is beneficial for most sports, probably detrimental to sprinting; although I think that different training methods that recognize this fact can use it advantageously even for sprinting.

People think of Michael Johnson and his long trunk as an anomaly for a runner. However, once people realize that the longer trunk has bigger lungs in it, then we can see that Mr. Johnson, was not a freak, but an ideal 200m man. His larger lungs could push more air through than his counterparts, but his west African red blood cells did not efficiently use this oxygen anaerobically, which would have tended to push him more towards endurance events.

(I know that some of this is guess-work, but at least I didn't get a government grant for it.)

If I were a football coach facing an all-black defense, I would put in all my white players and run no-huddle until the defense was exhausted.

Although Jamaica is a poor country, its use of drugs for purposes rather than medicine is documented. It is not difficult to imagine such a country producings hoardes of drugged sprinters. In what is described as "part of the grass-roots culture" http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/43/152.html:
'A number of women also have started taking what has been nicknamed the "fowl pill," an anti-infection drug approved only for veterinary use here. It is given to chickens and other fowl to, among other things, enhance their appetites. Although its label reads, "Poison . . . not for human use," women have been using the pill to develop larger breasts and buttocks, which they say Jamaican men prefer, along with whiter skin.
"This is a particularly unique phenomenon," said Grace Allen-Young, director of the Pharmaceutical Services Division of the Ministry of Health. "There seems to be an emerging need to change body features for whatever reason. It has become part of the grass-roots culture." '

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Thanks for the interesting posts, Steve B and Observer!

I personally think it is next to impossible for anyone to run sub 9.9 with the wind speed etc. within allowable limits. I believe virtually every sub 9.9 has been done by someone on PEDs, and, looking carefully at the numbers Steve has posted, I think many of the 9.9-to-10 second 100 meter performances have probably been the result of cheating, too. Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That's an interesting post Observer. You can clearly see that there is a big difference in the ratio of black to white elite performers in the 100 meter starting in the late 80s. I always thought that steroids worked on blacks a little better than whites. Just like Native Americans are affected by alcohol differently. One cannot deny the fact that in the 50s, 60s and 70s there was basically always whites in any world 100 meter finals of professional track.

IMO starting sometime in the mid 70s, Europeans from the Soviet Bloc nations were the mavericks of steroid cheating. However, there was much less of it then and it didn't really catch on big time until sometime in the mid 80s with the rise of Ben Johnson. I am not certain that Borzov wasn't a cheater, but he didn't run any faster than the top whites from the 60s and had a very slender build compared to today's sprinters.

But I have always made the point that steroids worked better on blacks of west African decent than whites. Clearly there are still European countries with cheaters. Kenteris of Greece who won the 200 meter in 2000 is "highly" suspect as a roider for failing to show up to a drug test in 2004 after faking a motorcycle accident. Later on his trainer was found to be in possession of a case of needles.

But the fact is that most European countries have put forth very strict policies on steroid detection. There are virtually no European elite black 100 meter sprinters despite the fact that many Euro countries have plenty of blacks now.

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Now to J. McBride and Maximus. FYI as of the 2004 Olympics only 39 men in the history of the world had gone sub 10. I can find the link to the online article if you'd like me to provide it. All were of West African decent (some of mixed race) except one man; Patrick Johnson who was half Aboriginal Australian and half Irish (It is a known fact that interracial offspring often have a more diversified gene pool, which could help with things like finding an athletic freak. However, it amazes me when every time a person who is part white achieves something athletically it is deemed b/c of their non-white genes. Take Nick Goings rushing for 100 yards in a game in the NFL as an example. Goings is 3/4 white, but his black genes are the reason he is thought of as an acceptable NFL RB by the fans and media.) As you can see before 1988, sub 10 was virtually unheard of. Only 8 sub 10s had ever been run and Carl Lewis had 6 of them. Clearly there is something going on here with the dramatic improvement in 100 meter times in the last 20 years.

J. McBride, I don't think many on this board will deny that blacks have a slight advantage in straight lined speed on average. However, that does not mean that blacks are all round athletically superior as a caste whore like you will say.

The top high-jumper in the world right now, Stefan Holm, is white, as is the best 400 meter sprinter Jeremy Wariner, who IMO is going to take down Johnson's record soon. Wariner is that good! Whites have the all time record in the squat and bench press. And the best Decathlon athletes (the decathlon champion is thought of as the worlds best all-round athlete) have been traditionally white. Whites are dominating the heavy divisions of boxing right now. Smaller Euro countries have matched the United States in international basketball play at the Olympics.

Whites who play non-stereotypical positions "on average" do better in the short shuttle and 3-cone drill at the NFL combine and I have found no discernible difference in the 10 yard dash. This shows the top whites have "elite" burst and cutting ability. So J. McBride; it seems you're a fool who deems athleticism 100% completely about speed.

Reggie Bush's (despite being a darling of media hype for beloved speed) career long run is 23 yards in 2 seasons. Eddie George, thought of as a God by Titan's fans, has a 10,000 yard career with a paltry 3.6 YPC average and only 2 runs over 40 yards in his entire career. So this would prove that even the 40 yard dash time is overrated.

NFL scouts should be looking more at the 10, 20 and 30 yard dash times and 3 cone and short shuttle times. Short burst, cutting ability and strength would seem to be more important than world class speed. Football is a game of angles. An NFL drive for a TD very rarely has a length of more than 80 yards. You don't see a foot race between an NFL WR or RB with a defensive back over 40 yards much at all. Plays don't last that long. A WR beats the defender usually in the first 20 yards. A RB beats the defenders by a good cut-back through the hole or breaking a tackle and then making another cut and using angles to get the most out of his run.

My point is that whites match blacks in short area burst, are comparable in agility and IMO slightly outdo blacks in strength, endurance and on field awareness on average. But with our stupid media all that matters is that Jordy Nelson runs a 4.49 (a fairly average 40 time for an NFL starting WR) and Calvin Johnson runs a 4.35. According to ESPN Jordy Nelson is "not a very sexy pick because he lacks elite speed" despite putting up the 2nd best stats in all of college football last season.

The fact that the elite white skill players on average might lose .05 on average over 40 yards shouldn't be overlooked by other facts. BTW the separation between a 4.4 40 and a 4.6 40 is 1.7 yards over that distance. So even with a significant .2 second difference that is just over five feet apart and almost in diving distance for a tackler.

The 40 time has become the God of the media and drunken fans to demean the white athlete. When I watch the top white RBs; like former Auburn player Tre Smith or current high schoolers Mike Trumpy and Brandon Wegher, I know these guys can compete in every way with their black peers except for having white skin. They certainly match their black peers with "hip wiggle".

Yet the only white RB that has been taken seriously in the last 10 years as a high school recruit is Sam McGuffie b/c he can run a mind boggling 4.32 40 yard dash out of H.S, which even out does Reggie Bush it's so fast. Yet this still isn't enough to anti-white organizations like Rivals. Despite Sam running for 3,200 yards on 8.7 YPC with 43 TDs against the top competition in the land and even formerly admitting he's #1 Best in Space and #2 home-run threat, they had nobodies like Cameron Saddler ahead of him.

It doesn't take a genius to look at Rivals rankings to know that there is a caste system. I propose for any drunken white fan to go to Rivals.com and look at black RBs who are given 4 stars and compare them to the top white RBs who are virtually never given more than 3 stars. After comparing highlights, measurables and production you won't be able to come back and tell me there is no caste system.

Rivals stands out from every other recruiting source as radically anti-white. If you can come back to me after spending a day comparing players on Rivals denying there's a caste system, you'd be the biggest fool in the world! It is no wonder that in a country where people are foolish enough to take Rivals seriously that the NFL can claim that there is not a single white man even worthy as a second team RB for any of the 32 NFL teams.
smiley11.gif

devans

Mentor
TJR. That is one of the most well researched, informed, logical and persuasive posts I have read on this subject. It could easily be developed into an article for the site.
Excellent.

waterbed

Mentor
when i visited family in Canada.I played some soccer and they say so you have good acceleration and family of my who likes american football let me run a 40 yard dash.I did run a 4.29 they laughed and said i was very very fast.An i knowe a lot of whites that are fast on 30 or 40 meters.I never saw in soccer where you mostly run 30 a 40 meter sprints that blacks are faster.An when we did a run over 12 minutes(i dont know if you have that in US) i did run 3700 meter second and the best black was 2900 or something.maybe it has to do with west and east africans becuase they were from west.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
J_McBride said:
white lightning said:

Just think about it, when the fastest blacks could easily clock 9.9-10.0 on any given event, the fastest whites were running at around 10.1-10-2. Right now the fastest blacks easily clock 9.8-9.9, and the fastest white are at about 10.0-10.1. Now i dont know about your profeciency in mathematics but to me it looks like a constant proportion. That is, everytime the white race 100m time increases by 0.1 of a second, blacks are increassing at a similar rate. And the level of speed increased by the white race in the 100m is in perfect equation to that of blacks. The deviation is something like 20 split-seconds, which calculates to

blacks >9.9/100= 0.099s/m
whites >10.1/100=0.101s/m
0.101s/m divided by 0.099s= 1.02 m

Blacks are faster than whites by 1.02 meters

Well McGenious actually weakened his point b/c he did the math wrong; what a genius you are Mr. Einstein (sarcasm)! 0.099s/m divided by 0.101s/m = (roughly 0.98) x 100 meters.

Therefore the average elite white sprinter would be roughly on the 98 meter mark as the average elite black sprinter crosses the line. So the average elite black sprinter would have a 2 meter advantage over that distance.

I don't know why I'm helping you out with your math because in truth, as seen in my theory in my above post, I do think the difference between black and white sprinters over 100 meters would be closer to 1 meter than 2 meters.

I would have to factor in the brainwashing of some of the top white talent to stay away from short sprint track b/c they think they have no shot. Add the fact that steroids are being pumped into the top sprinters. IMO steroids work slightly better on blacks than whites. So I do think the difference would be more like 1 meter apart over 100 meters than 2 meters. If you look back at the 50s, 60s and 70s the top black times were .1 seconds better or less than the top white times on average over that time span rather than the .2 seconds apart on average in recent years. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
McBride,

why is it that whites kept up with blacks through the 40's, 50's and 60's? if you look at any Olympic 100m finales from then you would see that the white where just as competitive as the blacks. with a finale being spilt almost half & half. so tell me why are blacks so much faster? seem pretty even to me 40 to 50 years ago. and don't try telling me it was because of racism.

Well personally, even though that is true that whites were roughly half the 100 meter final on average in the 40s, 50s and 60s I still think that the top black sprinter without PEDs would continue to have .1 second advantage on average over the top white sprinter in todays world.

The ratio of blacks compared to whites was a little lower in the U.S at that time as the black birthrate hadn't been consistently out pacing the white yet. And there were also "far less blacks" in Europe or any other industrialized country. And many impoverished blacks in the segregated south, although much less so in the north, might have felt discouraged from competing against whites in track until the early 60s.

So the fact that blacks made up 1/2 the 100 meter finals in the 40s, 50s up until the early 60s speaks a lot to their slightly higher propensity for natural talent for 100 meters than whites. And Jesse Owens was "clearly" the top 100 meter guy in the 40s.

But using Steve B's info and the fact that blacks had lots of opportunity to compete starting in the mid 60s (when roids were unheard of), 70s and early 80s when roids were much less common, but were not dominating whites at the rate that they are now, I will go with my former hypothesis:

The most elite black sprinter wouldn't have gone sub 9.9 this decade without roids. And the most elite white sprinter would go no faster than 10 flat without roids this decade.

The ultimate freak black at the far end of the bell curve in a once in a century event may run a PB 9.85 or so and the freak white at the end of the bell curve might run a PB 9.95 or so. But Ben Johnson said it himself; that he doesn't think it is humanly possible to go sub 9.9 without steroids.

I think we on this forum should give the caste whores like Maximus and J. McBride a little something or we begin to look delusional. Athletics are about far more than only 100 meter speed and whites have advantages in plenty of other areas.

But just to be reasonable as to not seem like uniformly white athletic supremacists, I think we should acknowledge that when you fairly evaluate all of history blacks at the far end of the bell curve are slightly better at 100 and 200 meters than whites at our far end of the bell curve. Would the gap be smaller without the American and Carribean juicing epidemic, yes, but would there be no gap at all, no!
smiley18.gif

G

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 377pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=502 border=0 x:str>
<COLGROUP>
<COL style="WIDTH: 119pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5778" width=158>
<COL style="WIDTH: 26pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1280" width=35>
<COL style="WIDTH: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316" width=36>
<COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3766" width=103>
<COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" width=42>
<COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=2 width=64><T>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 119pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=158 height=17 ="xl22"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=35 ="xl23"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 27pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=36></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=103></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=42 ="xl24"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=64></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" width=64></TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 x:num ="xl22">2005</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl23"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl24"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0"></TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl23"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl24"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0"></TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Asafa Powell</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.77</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Tobias Unger</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.16</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Leonard Scott</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.94</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Craig Pickering</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.22</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Marc Burns</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.96</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Simone Collio</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.22</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl25">Average</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.89</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26">Average</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.20</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26"></TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Difference Between Elites:</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">0.31</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=4 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than Elite White Average: 43</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than FASTEST White: 34, and for a total of 170 times</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 x:num ="xl22">2006</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Asafa Powell</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.77</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Andrey Yepishin</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.10</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Tyson Gay</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.84</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Matic Osovnikar</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.14</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Olusoji Fasuba</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.85</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Dariusz Kuc</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.17</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 x:str="Average " ="xl25">Average</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.82</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26">Average</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.14</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" ="xl26"></TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Difference Between Elites:</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">0.32</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=4 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than Elite White Average: 29</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than FASTEST White: 18, and for a total of 86 times</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 x:num ="xl22">2007</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.74</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Matic Osovnikar</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl24">10.13</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Tyson Gay</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.84</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Craig Pickering</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl22">Derrick Atkins</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.91</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0">Simone Collio</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17 ="xl25">Average</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">9.83</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" x:num ="xl23">0.31</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=4 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than Elite White Average: 35</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 ="xl22">Number of Blacks faster than FASTEST White: 32, and a total of 108 times</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 ="xl22">Of the 836 times 10.06 has been breached, it was only done 4 times by whites, and onlyonce in each of the past 4 decades.</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=4 height=17 ="xl22"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=6 height=17 ="xl22">10.00 - Marian Woronin in 1984 at home. Second fastest time: 10.11</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 x:str="10.01 - Pietro Mennea in 1979 at high altitude. Second fastest time: 10.15 " ="xl22">10.01 - Pietro Mennea in 1979 at high altitude. Second fastest time: 10.15</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=7 height=17 ="xl22">10.03 - Nicolas Macrozonaris in 2003 at high altitude. Second fastest time: 10.13</TD></TR>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-ignore: colspan; transparent: " colSpan=6 height=17 ="xl22">10.03 - Matthew Shirvington in 1998. Second fastest time: 10:07</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0"></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Edited by: Maximus

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
Well personally, even though that is true that whites were roughly half the 100 meter final on average in the 40s, 50s and 60s I still think that the top black sprinter without PEDs would continue to have .1 second advantage on average over the top white sprinter in todays world.

No offense, TJR, but you can't be serious. Back in the 40's, 50's, and 60's, blacks were more concerned about avoiding the violent fire hose spray, vicious police dog attacks, being lynched, and surviving the pre-civil rights era, rather thansprinting andother athletics. The level of participation was miniscule in comparison to whites in the country. Same with baseball, basketball, football, and every other sport.

As the nation evolved,and opportunities for a free college education began to present themselves, blacks became more involved in the sport. Oncetheplaying field leveled out, and they were allowed to train the the same trainers and facilities, and their times responded accordingly.

To this day, the overwhelming majority of high school sprinters are white. The Oregons, the Kentuckys, the West Virginias, the Vermonts, the Maines, et als are 90% white. The elite of the elite white sprinters just simply aren't as fast as the elite blacks in the states with a larger black population. That's why they disappear by the time they hit college.They win state and district titles on the state level, but can'tcompete on the national scene.

albinosprint

Mentor
maximus,

scientifically speaking though blacks on a whole are faster due to there higher percent of fast twitch muscle fibers, it doesn't mean that there are white out there just as fast. as for the fact that blacks were afraid to get lynched, I pretty sure Jesses Owens made it expectable for blacks to compete in athletics. and if you took your black and white 100m time averages and did it from 1940-1960 you would see that the numbers are the same. the only thing that changed was the brainwashing of white kids not to compete in the "black events". and even though there are a sh*t load of white sprinter in high school right now, that doesn't change the fact that white kids mature a bit later then blacks, and that is why white kids get over looked by collage recruiters. also, if a black kid runs a 10.5 he goes to collage and runs the 100m. if a white kid runs a 10.5 he goes to collage and runs the 400m. I can speak all this from experience.I can also tell you that in the state of New York I was one of a handful of white sprinters and I was also one of the fastest sprinters in the state. I don't know, maybe blacks that live in New York aren't that fast. over the years I've made allot of black friends being in this sport, and almost all of them think that people like Powell and Gay are juicing. oddly enough, none of my black friends think that Liu takes drugs.