another dirty bird from "ATL"

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Yessir, this is the standard "gangsta" mentality of so-many overpaid, over-rated professional athletes (especially in the yoyoyo NBA). I grew up playing hoops (amongst other sports); I used to love to watch guys like Larry "Legend" Bird & "Dirty" Bill Laimbeer. However, the NBA has become a cesspool of the "hiphop" (aka - hipcrock) culture, that I never so much as watch a game anymore. The NFL is getting bad, but the NBA is just plain intolerable these days.Edited by: DixieDestroyer

jcolec02

Mentor
yeah but the NBA is promoting international players (especially from europe...and the 3 best players in my opinion are Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, and Yao Ming and all 3 were MVP candidates at one time or another this year...so along with the dress code policy and other things I think the NBA is trying to change directions....

jcolec02 said:
yeah but the NBA is promoting international players (especially from europe...and the 3 best players in my opinion are Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, and Yao Ming and all 3 were MVP candidates at one time or another this year...so along with the dress code policy and other things I think the NBA is trying to change directions....

I agree. The NBA is steadily improving, and recent international defeats by mostly white teams have certainly encouraged teams to look to Europe for talent.