'Anglos'?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading an article from the Star-Telegram of Dallas-Ft. Worth about how the number of white students in Texas government schools has dropped while for all other races the number has increased. Except that the word "white" is never used. Whites are referred to exclusively in this article by the idiotic term "Anglos." Apparently the hispanic population in Texas has increased to the point that the (polite) term that hispanics prefer to use for whites is now mandatory among the media.

"Anglo" is a shortened version of "Anglo-Saxon," which refers to a segment of the British people. But now it has become a "politically correct" term for all white people in the U.S.

The way our language is used as a weapon against us -- at the same time it's being replaced by Spanish -- really pisses me off. From "white" to "Caucasian" and "Anglo"; from the word "man" almost completely replaced by "males," "guys," and "boys"; from "God" becoming gender neutral or even female, among many many every day examples that can be cited, the onslaught against English by non-white racists and feminists is a key component of the war against whites, a weapon of which far too few whites are even aware.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16687275.htm

Edit: This article may require registration to view.Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I saw that article on Amren (I think) and thought the same thing. Anglos WTF? in a major newspaper? I expect some day it will be "gringoes" the way things are going. Bizzare thing is that it was probably a white person that wrote that. Very sad.

Bronk

Mentor
Yes, "anglo" is totally incorrect to describe whites. Calling someone named O'Koren, Flannery or MacIntyre "anglo" means fight time.

But the term "homophobic" is also a BS leftspeak word. Meant to describe people who dislike homosexuality (normal) it really means fear of humans or fear of sameness.

If you object to the usage everytime, maybe we can put the breaks on this stuff. I always stop people to point out that anglo or homophobes are not correct terms.

I read an article by Roger McGrath in Chronicles years ago on this topic. He wrote that in Southern California, people of Italian, Polish, or German extraction are referred to as "Anglos."

earthman92

Ah yes, Anglo is the "polite" default term for white Americans, soon they'll just use "gringos" as is normal with Mexi-can'ts. I've run into some whites down here who think nothing of being called a gringo by "hispanics", I guess they think it's cute, "How nice, Paco has a pet name for me!" I think most Mexifornians just walk around with their head up their ying yang...

Robert

The use of the word "Anglo" to describe a Caucasian regardless of nationality is yet another example of the corruption of the English language. This comes from the same people who insist on referring to black people by a certain hyphenated term but resort to naming Caucasians by their skin color, which is blatant hypocrisy.

I will throw another example of the trash-can mentality of English speakers and writers: the common use of "s/he".

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Robert said:
This comes from the same people who insist on referring to black people by a certain hyphenated term but resort to naming Caucasians by their skin color, which is blatant hypocrisy.

I much prefer "white" to "Caucasian." Caucasian -- ugh, what an unattractive looking and sounding word. Whites have always been called whites until recently. "European" and even "Aryan" are complimentary words, but "Caucasian" and "Anglo" come straight from the playbook of the white race's enemies.

GWTJ

Mentor
I used to work at a manufacturing plant that had a lot of Hispanics and Dominicans. While talking with them they would call me "Americano". I asked them what the word meant and they said if they respect you, you are an "Americano", if they don't, you are a gringo.

cslewis1

Guru
jaxvid said:
I expect some day it will be "gringoes" the way things are going.
That's pretty funny. Unfortunately, it'll probably happen, because our kind is SO FREAKIN' SCARED!

C Darwin

Mentor
Copy_of_Bush2.jpg

I have always said that when vincente Fox and Bush are together, Bush looks like the bitch while Fox looks like the butch.