Andrew Bogut

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a shame to see him go down right before the playoffs. The Bucks have been playing great and Bogut is their MVP. Here is to a speedy recovery.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
On the bright side he has established himself as a top 5 center in the league. Next year I expect his points per game to increase and hopefully he will make the All-Star team.

j41181

Master
Andrew Bogut does a "David Lee"!
smiley20.gif

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkOsiml4GO0[/TUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkOsiml4GO0

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Thanks for the vid, j41181.

I've noticed that Andrew Bogut has been doing a lot of good things this year, but he needs to get the shooting percentages up.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
15 points, 13 boards and 4 blocks in a win over Sacramento!

ESPN showed Bogut block a DeMarcus Cousins' shot on "Top Plays"... "Welcome to the NBA, DeMarcus!"
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I saw on ESPN that, if the playoffs were today, the Bucks' would be the 8th seed.

The 13-14 Pacers' would be the 7th seed. Still a ton of basketball left, though.

j41181

Master
If Bogut shot better from the stripe, he'd rival Pau Gasol. As of now, he's a poor man's version of Dwight Howard.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In the Bucks' win over Cleveland, Bogut had 23 points (11-14 FG) and 6 boards.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In a loss to the Bulls, Bogut had 8 points, 18 boards and 3 blocks.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In an OT win over Toronto, Bogut had 24 points and 4 blocks. He scored several points in the OT period!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
17 points, 18 boards and 7 blocks against the mulatto NJ Nets!!!! He showed them colored boys how it's done, and I love it!!
smiley2.gif

j41181

Master
21 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks

Aussie Big strikes again!!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
21 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks

Aussie Big strikes again!!
smiley32.gif

Bogut is a monster. I'd like to see him score more. He's averaging only 12.7 ppg but he's easily the best defensive center in the league. He leads the league in blocked shots per game and is a very good rebounder.

foobar75

Master
Bogut is definitely a top 10 center, but to call him easily the best defensive center in the NBA would be a stretch, IMO. I think most everyone would agree that the best center in the NBA, defensive or otherwise, is Dwight Howard.

But after him, there are quite a few White centers that I would put in my top 10. Bogut, Bargnani, and Kaman would be there, Marc Gasol is just on the outside. If Marcin Gortat becomes a starter and gets quality minutes, he may be better than any of them and is a borderline all-star.

j41181

Master
I'm with foobar75, Bogut is a top 5 among defensive centers, with Dwight Howard in the top spot. Th problem with Bogut is he doesn't have much confidence in his offensive game, not to mention being so mediocre at the stripe (44%). If Bogut possessed a mid-range game (10-15 FT), better at the stripe (70-75%), and had a pass-first PG (Rondo, Kidd, Paul, Nash), his offensive numbers would be on par with that of Pau Gasol.

Marc Gasol is a solid defensive center as well, I'd consider him in the top 10 defensive centers. Marc is better than Bogut at the stripe (75%), but he doesn't get much shots, and if he had pass-first PG's as previously mentioned, he'd be a borderline All-Star level player.

Gortat is by far the best of the 3, who just needs more experience and playing time. Unlike, Bogut and M. Gasol, Gortat is benefiting from a true passing PG (Nash), and a raw player in Robin Lopez. He keeps getting better in each passing game. The Polish Hammer's got a good touch at the stripe (76%), a decent mid-range game (10-15 FT), and could block shots among the best.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
And then Brandon "I'm insecure" Jennings hogged-the-ball, and Milwaukee loses a very important game for them.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry..