an incredible start to 2008

referendum

Mentor
Barring fight cancellations and changes, the first few months of 2008 promise to be great in terms of heavyweight boxing. The better fighters are fighting other good fighters, we have all an all-white eliminator bout, and an all-white unification bout.
In January Valuev and Liakachev will fight in the WBA eliminator, and Povetkin and Chambers will fight in the IBF eliminator, both fights to be held in Germany which seems to becoming the new boxing world headquarters.
Also, Joe Mesi's camp is talking about a January fight, I believe.
Then in February we have the Maskeav/Peters fight and Klitscko/Ibragimov. Not to be left out, Ruslan Chagaev looks to be fighting Matt Skelton in February/March. I can't remember so many high ranked white heavyweights in action at the same time.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
If Oleg Maskaev finds a way to beat the slow, fat, overrated, yet hard-punching Sam Peter...It'll be the happiest I've ever been as a boxing fan.

Sadly, many vicious white HW's will be fighting each other. Ibragimov will lose badly to Wlad, and Liakhovoich should win a decision over Valuev.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I doubt Liakhovich will beat Valuev but I really don't care who wins in that fight. I am just hoping for Peter to lose.

JD074

Master
Paulie Malignaggi is also scheduled to fight on January 5, and Lucian Bute on February 29.

And, of course, Kelly Pavlik on February 16!!!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Adrian Diaconu will be fighting Chad Dawson for the WBC Light Heavyweight title some time in January, date TBA.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
The early part of the year will be swell for predictions and analysis. I don't expect much disappointment. There will be, however, many disappointed people as they watch their mythical heros fail and fall. 2007 has been a very bad year for the pro-caste types and as their wine has turned to vinegar.
But, for us anti-caste types, our grog has never tasted so good.