all white football league

mark b.

maybe white people should form an all white football league, then challenge the nfl to some sort of playoff . That would basically be a white on black matchup, which would be a tremendous money maker, plus showcase the talents of white players at key positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to see white teams play black ones. The intensity and interest would be phenomenal. But it's beyond a remote possibility in today's society. You never know what can happen down the road though. A lot of people feel this country is in for some seismic changes so who knows how it will all shake out.

Skipperron

Guru
As it stands right now it would never happen. No corporation or business would finance the team, and definitely no tv station would air their games. Why that would be to hateful and they might be seen as being rascist.

Freedom

Mentor
It is interesting because I look back at some historical games. The most influential game in the history of the nfl was Super Bowl 3. This featured the predominantly black jets beating the predominantly white colts.

Another crucial set of games were the Bills Super Bowls. Don Beebe's chasing the football was sort of symbolic. He got the football with impressive hustle, but still found himself in a slaughter. The missed field goal by Norwood dealt a real blow to white America. The last white majority team fell short.

Last but not least, Friday Night Lights. I can't watch that movie without wanting to beat the sh*t out of that ref.Edited by: Freedom

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Freedom said:
It is interesting because I look back at some historical games. The most influential game in the history of the nfl was Super Bowl 3. This featured the predominantly black jets beating the predominantly white colts.

Another crucial set of games were the Bills Super Bowls. Don Beebe's chasing the football was sort of symbolic. He got the football with impressive hustle, but still found himself in a slaughter. The missed field goal by Norwood dealt a real blow to white America. The last white majority team fell short.

Thing is, the Bills were close to majority white, even slightly majority white at times, but Marv Levy kept them from being all they could be. For example,Don Beebe should have been a starter, and good old Steve Tasker was a pioneer in the role of White Special Teams Demon when he would have been, as Jim Kelly said, uncoverable as a wide receiver. Jamie Mueller the fullback was another potential beast who was there almost strictly to block for Thurman Thomas.

The Bills "fell short," but Marv Levy, older than Joe Paterno, is still with the Bills in a decision-making capacity. Levy was goodbut in retrospect mostlybad for opponents of the Caste System. I rooted hard for the Bills of the early '90s because they were the whitest team in the NFL, but they were designed to come close but fail, when they could have been an ass-kicking dynasty.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The Bills "fell short," but Marv Levy, older than Joe Paterno , is still with the Bills in a decision-making capacity.

is it even possible?
smiley36.gif

C Darwin

Mentor
Don Beebe had every opportunity to crack the starting lineup as a wide out. His speed was never a question. It was reported that Beebe was the fastest member of the Bills every year that he played. Unfortunately, he had trouble catching the ball. I would say that Lofton and Reed were better receivers than Don Beebe.

Tasker is a different story. I will never understand why he was never given the opportunity to be anything more than the Bill's fourth receiver. Tasker did crack the starting lineup when there were injuries. He was always open and never dropped a catch. Upon the return of Reed, Lofton, or Beebe, he would then be demoted and never see the ball.

Ironically, Tasker now does the local color commentary for the Bills games and is a strict enforcer of the caste system rules for adjectives.

The play calling of the Bills was always suspect, especially on 3rd down. The Bill's play calling was a two-headed monster of Levy and Jim Kelly. Both deserve equal blame.

Although Jamie Muller did block for Thurman Thomas, when the Bills ran the "Elephant Backfield", Larry Kinnenbrew (black) blocked for Jamie Muller.
Edited by: C Darwin

foreverfree

Mentor
As a frequent vacationer in my formative years (less so afterward) in the Delaware coastal zone, reading about Don Beebe on this thread made the temptation to point out that there is a Beebe Hospital in Lewes, DE irresistible.
smiley1.gif
The hospital is pronounced the same way as the Bill. Hopefully Don will never have to go there, at least as a patient.

Didn't Beebe finally get his ring as a Packer in SB XXXI?

John

Honestly, I wouldn't want to play in an all white league. I understand your motivations, and hate how the NFL tosses whites aside, but I'd want to play with, and compete against, the best players, regardless of colour. A stupid dream, I know. I played safety in a mostly black high school(too white for corner) and I wanted to cover their best player, white or black. And even better, I wanted to pop him.

It'd be nice if the league could be integrated without being all minority, all the time though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
C Darwin said:
Don Beebe had every opportunity to crack the starting lineup as a wide out. His speed was never a question.

Beebe may have been the fastest player in the league when he played, or at least one of them. I don't remember his hands being bad. Lofton only played for the Bills through '92. Why didn't Beebe get a shot at starting after that?

I remember a game against the Steelers when he caught four touchdown passes. There was nothing wrong with his hands that day.
smiley36.gif

an All White Football league is the last resort in my opinion...

I dont think any of us just want Whites playing football... we all just want fair treatment for all White Football Players...That can only be done when the "Sleeping" white majority actually waken up and stand up for their fellow White Americans and demand equality.... partciipating in Americas Unofficial Religion.

i Look forward to the daythat i can actually witness a White Player being cut in favour of keeping a black player and Know it was done because of Talent and Not the Caste System.

If this day doesnt come..then and only then should the setting up of a White Football League be contemplated...White People worked tooo hard setting up the NFL to just watch it die.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Beebe may have been the fastest player in the league when he played, or at least one of them. I don't remember his hands being bad.

I neverread anything about Beebe having trouble catching passes, nor did I hear anything like that on the talk shows when he was with the Packers. The only criticism from time to time was that he was too small.

I don't know how true this is, as I cannot remember my source, but I read somewhere that Beebe's best 40 time was 4.21
smiley5.gif
. I'm pretty sure its in the wikpedia refernce guide online. Look it up, if anyone is at all interested in finding that info.

Freedom said:
Last but not least, Friday Night Lights. I can't watch that movie without wanting to beat the sh*t out of that ref.

The producers of "Friday Night Lights" don't realize what they did with that movie. They basically revealed, publically, how black teams (and coached and officials) behave on the field at any level, right down to the crooked, racist, biased referee that blatently made the worst call I've ever seen.

Also, don't forget the scene when the coaches met up to discuss the game site. The blacks were babbling left and right about "we want black this and black that", that when the White coach defended himself, they told him to "watch his mouth". Even the Dallas Carter mascot had an arrogant look on its face.
smiley36.gif
******* Narcisism!

Although its only a movie, it revealed a lot of truths to a lot of people in this country, unlike that horse-sh*t movie "Remember the Titans", where everyone held hands and sang "Kumbayah" in the end.
smiley36.gif

C Darwin

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Why didn't Beebe get a shot at starting after that?
You may have a point. Bill Brooks was aquired by the Bills from Indinanpolis to replace Lofton in 1993. Brooks had more catches, but Beebe had a greater yards/catch avg. I was an employee of the Bills during the late 80's through the early 90's. I worked and watched every home game from the former Rich Stadium. In 93' & 94' He also missed a few games due to injury. My observations and opinions are not based on one game, but that of Beebe's entire career in Buffalo. From his rookie season where he fumbled the ball in the playoffs by landing on his head, to him coming to the end of his contract and signing with Carolina. From this experience is where I derive the opinion that Mister Donald Beebe had issues catching the ball.

Don Wassall said:
Why?Edited by: C Darwin

white is right

Hall of Famer
I recall Beebe bobbling and dropping balls early in his career, but near the end he was solid and reliable. He didn't come from a football background he was a track guy who did football on the side. He was a raw diamond when the Bills drafted him. Didn't he start near the end of his run in Buffalo. As a side note he suffered some of the most horrific injuries in his era. The play where he landed on his head and his neck did an accordian like movement was played for years on my local sports highlight reels. Also his ko as a Packer was scary....
smiley11.gif

Triad

Mentor
Wikipedia said:
Don Lee Beebe (born December 18, 1964) He was drafted by the Bills out of Chadron State College (after transferring from Western Illinois University) in the third round (82nd pick overall) of the 1989 NFL Draft.

Don Beebe was a member of all four Bills Super Bowl teams from 1990-1993, and went to 2 Super Bowls with the Packers in 1996 and 1997, winning a championship ring with them in Super Bowl XXXI. He holds the record for the number of Super Bowl appearances by any one player [6].

In his 9 NFL seasons, Beebe caught 219 passes for 3,416 yards, rushed for 28 yards, returned 81 kickoffs for 1,735 yards, and scored 25 touchdowns(23 receiving, 1 kickoff return, 1 fumble recovery)

He now operates "Don Beebe's House of Speed," where he trains athletes. During his career, he ran a 4.3 40-yard dash in full pads, and was considered one of the fastest players in the NFL during that time.

I have heard before his 40 time at the combine was 2nd only to Deion Sanders. Never was sure if that was 2nd fastest ever or if it that was just for 1989. Edited by: Triad

mark b.

i'm sure my idea of an all white football league does sound a little far fetched, but i really don't think things are really going to change. This mindset has been developing for a very long time and i'm afraid that whites believe it as much as blacks do. I'd also like to know why white players i see mentioned in this site that are gifted running backs and wide receivers are willing to give in to coaches who change them to anotherposition when they get to college. Maybe in the back of their minds they have doubts about their abilities. You can't blame them. I think if I were a gifted player in those to coveted positions i would rather go to a division ii school and be a star at my natural position than go to a division 1 school and get the shaft.

I agree about whites believing the hype. Otherwise smart people buy into the myth of black affleticism. Its like an argument I had the other day about Vick. 'But he beat Green Bay at Lambeau in the playoffs!' was his rallying cry.

So I looked up the game...Vick had 117 yds and 1 TD, but really telling were the FIVE turnovers the Atlanta D forced, and they scored on one. So yeah, Vick beat Green Bay...

Anytime stats, run times, receptions, etc are brought up, then myth believers resort to 'but I've seen them play, and no white is as good.' or 'look at how ripped/cut/whatever they are...' and pooh pooh any stats that go against the affletes.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Lofton only played for the Bills through '92. Why didn't Beebe get a shot at starting after that?

When Beebe had a chance to play more frequently as a Packer in 96 he played very well. He should have been on the field twice as much as he was and should have had many more balls thrown his way. If he was a featured target he could have been way over 1,000 yds without breaking a sweat.

He totalled 700 yards with only 39 catches, about 18 YPC. Because the receiving crew was banged up badly he got the nod in a very critical game against the Niners. He totalled 220 yds. on 11 catches. When the brothers got healthy it was back to the same old grind. This story explains the situation pretty well.

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/rev/beeb1014.html

Oct. 14, 1996Green Bay -- If the Green Bay Packers aren't the best bargain hunters in the Western world, then they're a close second.

How else could you explain finding a wide receiver like Don Beebe for a mere $300,000 and then getting a spectacular performance from him on national television in the Packers' biggest game of the year so far?

The Packers took a chance on the 31-year-old free agent, who seemed to be nearing the end of his career after a not-so productive year with the Carolina Panthers.

The payoff was an 11-catch, 220-yard performance in the Packers' 23-20 overtime victory over the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field on Monday night.

Beebe was on the field only because of a serious injury to Robert Brooks, the Packers' No. 1 receiver. The improbable star took over as the big-play target after Brooks suffered a season-ending knee injury on the first play of the game.

... Beebe's performance was critical because of the up-and-down performance turned in by Freeman. He dropped several key passes that could have resulted in first downs for the Packers, and it was obvious he was out of sync.

Beebe played the garbage man most of the night, taking advantage of rollouts from Packers quarterback Brett Favre, who turned to him when there was nothing else available. Favre kept going to Beebe even though the veteran was playing split end, the position that's more of a decoy for the flanker.

He was called upon for the second time this season to fill the spot Brooks normally holds. Just two weeks ago, he had the best game of his career against Seattle after Brooks suffered a concussion on the Packers' first offensive play.

Skipperron

Guru
An all-white league would at least give white college atheletes a place to play after they graduate. Most of them just forget sports and just go to other jobs. The major problems would be that it would be considered as a minor league. They would say that we could not compete with black atheletes and had to form a minor league. Also we would not get to see it because I quarantee you no tv channel would carry an all white league for fear of being considered "rascist". In fact, I wonder which city or state would even let us field teams in them.

mark b.

I'm not sure I agree that the media would not cover an all white league. Think how much networks love boxing matches that pit one race against another. I'm not talking about white teams only playing white teams. I'm talking about playing against each other, with a playoff system that concludes with a champion. I know this all sounds far fetched but I believe the current system is only going to get worse. I think whites believe they are inferior athletes.Explain why white athletes who are recruited to play running back or wide reciever at division 1 schools and get switched to another position accept their fate without a fight. ESPN would love to cover a story like that. Until drastic measures are taken you better get use to watching baseball, tennis,golf,or world championship poker