all-star game

guest301

Hall of Famer
I just want to encourage the members of this site to log on to nba.com and vote for every white player on the list. I have been doing that for over a month so go vote for nowitzki, kirelenko, gasol, nash, ginobli, hinrich igauskas,okur etc...Plus you get the added bonus of being entered into a contest for a trip for two to the game if you win!Does anybody know if the contestants for the 3-point and slam dunk contest have been selected yet? Hope david lee gets his shot at the dunk contest.

I don't want token players, I want whites who deserve to be All-Stars.
Doesn't Hinrich play the same position as Chauncey Billups? Hmmm.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Everybody I listed above deserves to be "at least" considered for the all-star game. Great Lake State..I encourage you to look up kirk hinrich's statistics and you tell me whether he should be at least considered for the all-star game.. No he is not better than billups but the more votes a white player gets the more pressure on the all-star coach to select him for the reserve team.

Deacon

Guru
McGrady has hardly played this season and he has almost 1 million more votes than Dirk?!!! That's ridiculous!

I like Kirk, but he's just a solid player on a sucky team. I don't believe in
affirmative action, and that's what it would be to vote for him ahead of
Billups, Rip Hamilton, Dwyane Wade or Allen Iverson.Edited by: GreatLakeState

JD074

Master
White fans can vote for whichever players they want, white, black, brown, yellow, whatever. All Star games are popularity contests, everybody knows that. Look at how many votes Yao Ming gets every year, or injured players who are fan favorites. Let's not be naive and think that there is such a thing as "meritocracy" or "free market" in sports. If that were the case, there'd be no need for this website. There is little fairness in sports, especially for white players. So discriminate if you want. Vote for your favorites just like everyone else does.

As for affirmative action, the original theory was that blacks should be given what they would've had (like scholarships and jobs) if it weren't for past discrimination. What would white athletes have today if it weren't for 25+ years of discrimination?