Alex Smith "criticizes" Cam Newton

dwid

Hall of Famer
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the 49er's thread because he is talking about Newton. I don't see it has takin a shot just speakin the truth.

"Alex Smith: Cam Newton's stats overblown"

I’ll stay out of the way and let San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith do the heavy lifting. He took a shot at Carolina quarterback Cam Newton that speaks for itself.

"This is the honest truth: I could absolutely care less on yards per game," Smith said. "I think that's a totally overblown stat. Because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great. You're not winning, though."

seems like this has caused some stir even though he said he didn't care about having yards like Drew Brees, Newton wasn't the only one he talked about but ESPN failed to mention that.

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Very true. In addition...much of sCam's passing yardage was dink & dunk, underneath stuff. Scam-man rushed many times when he had difficulty reading the defensive scheme changes (like most black quarterbacks).