Akili Smith v Jeff George

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
How bad a quarterback was Akili Smith to have been cut by the Bengals? A black QB drafted in the first round who is no longer in the league? Unthinkable!

How bad an attitude had Jeff George to be cut repeatedly for having it, when guys like Moss, Owens, Sapp, R. Lewis, and any of a myriad of other black players raise hell on their teams, off-season, during the season, and hell, even during the game itself. Yet nary a word is mentioned about THEIR attitudes, let alone having them cut from the team or removed from the league altogether?

Spooge

Guru
George was one hell of a quarterback. He had accuracy and could throw the deep ball. What a waste.

Jeff George had perhaps the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen.
His misfortune was to have been paired with some of the lousiest teams
the NFL has ever seen. And before you ask, the answer is "NO," he
couldn't make his teams better ---- Johnny Unitas would have struggled
with misfits like the Jerry Glanville/June Jones-era Fal-coons.

George also has been painted in the media as a prima donna and a
malcontent. This is nothing more than typical caste-system
slander. George had a sideline shouting match with
then-head-coach June Jones in a televised game that resulted in
George's being benched by Jones (who, for the record, was a lousy
coach). The reason for the argument? Bonehead Jones pulled
George out of the game for throwing an interception that deflected off the hands of a Fal-coons receiver!!!</span> Before the interception, George had completed 13 passes IN A ROW.

Akili Smith couldn't throw Jeff George's jockstrap ten feet with accuracy.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
S Knight,
I didn't mean to imply a comparison between George and Akili, far from it. I just happened to be thinking about those two men today and how their lives were affected by the Caste System.

Like I said, how BAD did Akili Smith have to be, a black first round draft pick QB, to actually be OUT OF THE NFL today??

Pretty bad, is the answer.

And I agree with all your comments re: Jeff George. A guy who was a good QB but can't get a shot because of the argument you mentioned, but they'll continue to play Sapp, Moss, Owens, any number of black "prima donnas" with nary a squawk from a coach or media jocksniffer about these guys and their attitudes.

Owens took some heat, yes, but he is still playing and no one even dares mention publicly that he should be benched or out of the league for his behavior. And therein lies the difference, and the true comparison.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
George also had a sideline tiff with Raiders head coach Art Shell. Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported at the time that Shell was calling George racist names during the argument, but no one in the media criticized Shell for it. They were too busy piling on George again, and of course black racism doesn't exist as far as they're concerned, same as the institutionalized anti-white racism of the Caste System doesn't exist either.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a shame.Jeff George had one of the strongest arms that I have ever seen.He could literally throw a ball just about through a wall.The receivers complained alot how hard the balls were thrown.lol.Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.Jeff made some mistakes but nothing major that should have ended his career.As Don said,he had the wrong skin tone.If you are white,you have to kiss their ass at all times or you will be cut.I long for the day that this changes.That is why guys like Shockey sometimes are good for white athletes in general.We do need some of them to stand up and fight back!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The receivers complained alot how hard the balls were thrown

They don't say much about the 'rocket-armed Mike Vick' though, do they?
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Shogun -- I understood your comments regarding Akili Smith, and I agree with your comparison of the way he is/was treated by the media versus Jeff George's experience. As Don Wassall once wrote: (paraphrased) The media's example of a bust at quarterback is always Ryan Leaf; it's never Akili Smith.

G

You people are insane. George lost his job because he wasn't a leader, which is basically essential as a quarterback,and had all of three or four good years in an 11 year career. It's not racism against whites, I'm sure if McNabb suckedhe wouldn't be in the NFL either right now.

Kaptain

Master
Mister Thymus, read the title of the post. It's a comparison of Akili Smith and Jeff George not Donovan McNabb. And yes, Donovan McNabb career QB rating is a whole 4 points better than Jeff George's. What does being a "leader" entail in your world anyway? And what do you know about George's leadership v. McNabb?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Its funny how everytime someone criticizes a black QB, they trot out D. Mcnabb as some kinda spectacular example.

Yes, he's a good QB, an especially good BLACK QB. But he isn't the best at the position, not even close.

And yes, Virginina, it is possible that there ARE at least *some* black men that are lousy athletes. It is is possible. Really. Edited by: White Shogun

surfsider

Guru
They don't say much about the 'rocket-armed Mike Vick' though, do they?
smiley36.gif
[/QUOTE]

If he ever got the ball near their hands they might.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
In case you hadn't heard, the Oakland Raiduhs have signed Jeff George out of retirement.

I don't know if he was signed strictly as a backup or if he has a shot at earning the starting job.

You have to wonder why the Raiders cut Kerry Collins if they were just going to sign George, who has been out of football for five years. Where is Tim Couch? Cade McNown? Eric Crouch? Okay, let's give old George a shot.. but shouldn't these other guys be playing back up somewhere, too?

Maybe Brooks isn't as good as they thought.

Warnipple

For a team as anti-white as the Raiders to sign a guy as hated as Jeff George, tells you just how awful Aaron Brooks has been.