Adam Morrison

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
just thought i'd start his thread, because it is being reported that on Wednesday Adam will declare himself eligible for the draft and skip his senior year.

Morrison could conceivably go to the NBA predraft camp, not sign with an agent and return for his senior year, but that is considered extremely unlikely. He is rated a top-five pick and he and his father, John, have mentioned the physical unknowns later in life associated with his diabetic condition.

Morrison is expected to sign with Mark Bartelstein, the same agent who represented former Gonzaga players Dan Dickau and Casey Calvary.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Morrison some how,some way end up in a Utah Jazz Uniform.He would fit in perfect in Utah and could end up being the best player they have had since Stockton/Malone.Good luck to Adam assuming he does end up in the NBA Draft.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I'm hoping of all the teams with a chance at the #1 pick, he goes to the Bulls.. Hinrich/Nocioni/Morrison all young and great white players... and the team I don't want him to go to is Atlanta...Edited by: ocaamikedm11

whiteCB

Master
Atlanta would suck to go to. Not only are they the worse organiztion in the league but they have the worst fans as well and unless Morrison carried them to the playoffs they would always be hard on him.

white tornado

Mentor
Worst fans, I think that thats just espn hating on the south.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Chicago would be a great fit for him.I could also see him fitting in on alot of teams.I can't blame him for going for the money.The nba is slowly starting to draft more whites from this country.I hope this trend continues.Good luck to Morrison!!

Doesn't Kirilenko play for the Jazz? He's twice the athlete and player that
Morrison will ever be.

KG2422

Mentor
GreatLakeState said:
Doesn't Kirilenko play for the Jazz? He's twice the athlete and player that
Morrison will ever be.

You can't predict that. Morrison is a much better shooter and overall scorer. He probably won't ever be the defender AK is but few are.Edited by: KG2422

JD074

Master
white tornado said:
Worst fans, I think that thats just espn hating on the south.

That was probably a reference to their attendance records, they've been notoriously low for quite some time.

white tornado

Mentor
I don't know many teams that suck that have good attendance that covers the hawks, and falcons before a few years ago. As for the braves try watching a baseball game in 95 degree heat. Atlanta is a college sports town.

white tornado2 is right about Phat-lanta. Before the Braves made their World Series run in 1991, they were perrenial bottom-feeders, averaging 10,000 - 12,000 fans per game.

In addition to the heat, Atlanta is a "destination town," meaning that just about everybody here is from another big city, and those people maintain their former allegiances (this is readily apparent at Falcons' home games, which always have large groups of opposing fans).

Morrison is not likely to be drafted by the Hawks because the Hawks G.M., Billy Knight, is a lukewarm-I.Q. bruth-luva, who would rather draft a black on potential (see, Marvin Williams) than a talented White.

Plus, there ain't a White NBA fan in Atlanta, as far as I can tell. The Whites have all become Thrashers fans.

white tornado

Mentor
Billy Knight=idiot

Ive been to a few Hawks games this year but I only went when someone else paid for the tickets.

whiteCB

Master
Southern Knight said:
white tornado2 is right about Phat-lanta. Before the Braves made their World Series run in 1991, they were perrenial bottom-feeders, averaging 10,000 - 12,000 fans per game.

In addition to the heat, Atlanta is a "destination town," meaning that just about everybody here is from another big city, and those people maintain their former allegiances (this is readily apparent at Falcons' home games, which always have large groups of opposing fans).

Interesting Southern Knight that most people down there aren't native to Atlanta. I know up here in the midwest that pretty much everyone in the big cities and suburbs are from that area and hence everybody is rooting for the hometown teams all the time. I never knew Atlanta was a "destination city" are there any other cities like that in the south like maybe Charlotte. Also where are a lot of these Atlanta implants oringinally from(city/area wise)?

white tornado

Mentor
Most of the implants are from the north or midwest. Atlanta is a city with many job oppertunities so many people relocate here. since I believe 1980 Atlanta and the metro area has more than doubled in size and since the 1950's more than quadrupled. Atlanta has some wonderful areas to live, but also has some huge ghettos.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah, he's getting good pub out of training camp.
smiley32.gif
of course, they say he can't play any defense...

here's a slide show of his first game, against Orlando, and it has several Ammo pics.
smiley32.gif
continued good luck to Adam!
smiley32.gif

Skipperron

Guru
Like I said in another thread Morrison is going to be the sixth man and come off of the bench. I know that I may be too sensitive to this, but if he came into the league with his credentials and talent and was black, he would be a starter. Whether he was good defensively or not

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I disagree, I think by the 10th game there's no doubt he'll be starting... the Bobcats have had a few whites each year which has surprised me, there's no reason to think they'd give Primo Brezec, Jake Voskuhl and Matt Carroll good PT then sit Morrison..

Skipperron

Guru
I was just going by what was reported on their web site and their coaching staff. They were the ones saying he would be their sixth man , the first player off the bench. I too believe somewhere down the line he has to start, but my real point is if he were black and coming into the league there would be no question whether he was a starter or not.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Bobcats want Morrison to shoot more.I love the fact that this team can see how talented he is.He needs to be more selfish and quit passing so much.I want him to win the Rookie of the Year!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
here's the article:
adammorrison.jpg

Adam Morrison is not your typical rookie gunner. "He's not shooting enough,'' complains Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff. "He's got the shots and we want him to shoot more, but I think he's trying to bring his teammates into the play.''

His teammates must like that.

"They want him to shoot also,'' Bickerstaff responds.

Through four games Morrison was the Bobcats' No. 3 scorer with 15 points a game off the bench, though he was shooting just 37.3 percent from the field. Morrison admits he is adapting to the speed of the NBA game, but it's a normal growth curve: Elders like Ray Allen will tell him that they too were forced to develop a quicker shot release as NBA rookies.

"It is something I need to work on, coming off screens and being able to shoot,'' says Morrison, referring to the speed of NBA defenders. "I could do it in college at my own pace. But here sometimes I thought I wasn't open but the coaching staff thought I was, that I had plenty of time to shoot.'' In other words, Morrison needs to develop a quicker trigger.

It's a sure thing that he will, because Morrison is too aggressive and competitive to not adapt. He isn't shy either. In the third quarter of Charlotte's 110-108 overtime loss Wednesday at Boston, Morrison clapped his hands for the ball at the three-point line but was ignored by point guard Brevin Knight. "Hey!'' cried Morrison. Without looking at him, Knight pointed in Morrison's direction to let him know he would get the ball next time.

The most disappointing aspect is that Morrison isn't weaving and cutting more often without the ball; instead he has spent a lot of time spotting up from the three-point line. He struggled to a 2-for-11 performance Wednesday, but instead of forcing shots he drove his way to the foul line for the bulk of his 12 points.

"They just tell me to put it up when I'm open,'' Morrison says. "When I feel comfortable I'm going to let it fly. But I think it's a team game and we've got good players, and I'm not going to come here and be one of those prima donna-type guys that demands his shots and is bitching and all that. I'm just trying to do what's best for the team.''

Counters Bickerstaff: "He's got to shoot the basketball, it's that simple. Probably the most difficult thing coming into this game is knowing when and when not to. If you're open, you're raising your teammates' play by making the shot.''

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Morrison shot 9-18 for 21 pts and added 7 boards against New Orleans last night. He started, and played a pretty good game. If he gets 20 shots a game, he'll win rookie of the year no question.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He had 27 points tonight in a victory for a new career high.Adam could end up being another Larry Bird before it is all said and done.I love watching this kid play.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
The best part of it was that he was guarded by Bruce Bowen all night, considered one of, if not THE best defender in the NBA. Good game for Adam.
smiley32.gif