Adam Dunn

sunshine

Mentor
Dunn hit a couple of home runs last night. The last one traveled 465 feet. Monster shot. But is Dunn playing the right sport. He was more known as a football QB in high school with 4.5 speed. Lets see. He is roughly 6'7" and 270 lbs. Imagine him at QB with his athletic skills and speed? Put him on any football field and he will likely be considered the most athletic guy on the field. As it stands he is a pretty good baseball player albeit a swing and miss power guy. I still wonder what damage this guy could inflict on a football field. We will never know.

robcat

Guru
I'd like to see him be baseball's homerun king for the next half dozen years. There hasnt been a great white power hitter since McGwire retired except for Jim Thome.Edited by: robcat

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dunn is having another great year.Don't forget about
M.Ensberg.He is having a monster year himself.Also Troy
Glaus and Richie Sexon are pretty good.Giambi is also
on a tear.Out of these guys though,Dunn & Glaus are
probably the best.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
It don't seem much like a HR year, except for a few guys. It's the most overrated stat anyway. The white sox had tons of HR's last year, and didn't come close to winning games. Hits, RBI, and Runs I'd say are the most important stats for a batter.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Adam Dunn reached 300 career home runs in just 4,145 at bats, the fifth fastest to get there. The only four players who reached 300 in fewer at bats were Babe Ruth (3,830), Mark McGwire (3,837), Ralph Kiner (3,883), and Harmon Killebrew (3,928).
At 29 years oldDunn has a good chance of hitting another 300 homers and reaching 600 before he's finished.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Dunn. I'm still hoping Thome can hang on long enough to get to 600 homeruns. That is still a very rare acheivement with less than 10 guys having done it if my memory serves me correct. A very elite group indeed. It also shouldn't be as big as it is if it wasn't for all the steroids. The Bambino did it the right way and so has Jim Thome. Just an old school big stocky guy who is consistant year after year.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
As the season comes to a close, Dunn is at 353 HRs before his 31st birthday. Barring injury, 600 HRs should be achievable, and it would be great if he could join Ruth and Thome in such a prestigious club.

j41181

Master
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Dunn finishes 2010 at .260 with 38 HRs and 103 RBIs. He has 354 career HRs at age 30.
Another solid year for Dunn, shame he's not in the playoffs. He's also shown improvement in his defense as 1st baseman. He's done all he can to warrant an extension, it's now up to the management.

Dunn's durability is remarkable and underrated.