Abraham - Miranda II is official! 6/21/08

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was suprised because Abraham wasn;t throwing many punches in the first few rounds. I knew if it went to the cards and kept going the way it did Miranda had it. I guess that was Arthur's strategy. He has great knockout power. Miranda is a dangerous fighter and this was a good test.

JD074

Master
Kudos to King Abraham!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

albinosprint said:
anyone have any thoughts on a Pavlik vs Abraham fight? I like both of them, but I would have to route for Pavlik.

It's hard to imagine Abraham winning a decision against Pavlik, since Pavlik's work rate is so much better. He'll probably have to knock him out. Also, Abraham was listed at 5'9" for this fight, and 5'10" for his previous fight against Miranda (Boxrec also lists him at 5'10".) So he's approximately 4-5 inches shorter than Pavlik. That could be an issue for him. But he has exceptional power, and just as importantly, amazing toughness. So he'll hang in there for a long while, and be dangerous into the middle and later rounds. Pavlik is my favorite fighter, so I've got to root for him, but I'm very happy that Abraham beat Miranda. Edited by: JD074

G

I watched a replay of the fight. King Arthur has a lethal combination of speed and heavy hands. Pavlik will have to be careful. I still see Pavlik winning a UD or a late round stoppage, but a fight bwtn these two will be a war. Sorta like the upcoming Cotto/Margarito.

Regarding Miranda, he is not a bad fighter, he has balance and power. He just came on the scene when Pavlik and Arthur did. He is a black "Jerry Quarry". Jerry was a good fighter who came on the scene when Ali and Frazier were in their primes.