55 Years Ago Today: The First Man in Space

Flint

Mentor
"Поехали!" (Poyekhali!Let's go!) Garagin's remark at lift off. Amazing what the Russians accomplished considering the limitations of communism and their closed systems. Their space program was impressive and done without captured German rocket scientists (like the US). Today the US has to bum rides from the Russians to get to the space station because the USgov no longer has a booster capable of taking a man into space. Sad. But on the bright side the US does have plenty of blacks, gays, and trannies, in positions of importance, so we're winning that battle.

The Hock

Master
Yes, that's the important thing. Who cares about outer space. We are the masters of social space. Creating new worlds within our old world. And it doesn't take much math either! Yay!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The disgusting sodomite David Bowie and his negative songs has nothing to do with it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Actually, he wasn't a sodomite.
I just think CM is primarily objecting to the hijacking of his thread by Phall's Bowie clip, which was intended as humor.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

That pantywaist sure as heck looked & acted like a f@990t! I remember the rumor ('urban myth'?) back in the 70's that Bowie & Rod Stewart were a couple of switch hitting queerbates , & that they had to rush Bowie to the ER to pump a pint of Rod's goo from (Bowie's) stomach. Revolting stuff!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowies-wild-love-life-7161395

During the launch of his 1972 Ziggy Stardust campaign, newlywed Bowie declared himself gay in a magazine interview. “I’m gay and always have been,” he flatly announced. This, of course, was at a time when to be an out performer was strongly taboo - back then, even Elton John was straight.

Four years later, in an interview with Playboy, he revised his stance, stating he was, in fact, bisexual. “It’s true,” he said. “I am a bisexual. But I can’t deny that I’ve used that fact very well. I suppose it’s the best thing that ever happened to me.”