5 of 6 Division Leaders White Friendly

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The ten MLB teams listed by Caste Football at the start of the season as being the most white friendly are doing quite well as a group.

The White Sox, who added an influx of white players for the first time in a long time, lead the way at 56-26. The Cardinalslook likethe dominant team again this year in the NL at 52-30. Boston is leading their division at 47-35. So is San Diego, 45-39.

Oakland (with zero blacks) and Houston were both given up for dead in May but both have rallied with the A's at 41-41 and the Astros 40-42.

Toronto is 42-41, while Milwaukee is exceeding expectations at 40-43. Only Cincinnati (32-50) and Colorado with a very young team (29-53) are doing poorly. The Angels, not as white friendly as in years past but still one of the better teams, are 50-32. Five of the six division leaders at the halfway point in the season are white friendly teams.

Unfortunately there's still a disgusting amount of mestizos in MLB, a number that grows every year even while white Americans dominate the sport at every level up to and including college. The majors should be about 85 percent white, 10 percent black, and 5 percent hispanic.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don, Oakland has been on a tear, winning 15 of their last 18 games. I hope they can continue.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Go Oakland! Keep it up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bart said:
Don, Oakland has been on a tear, winning 15 of their last 18 games. I hope they can continue.

The Athletics are now 30-8 since June 11 in what was supposed to be a retooling year. And they're doing it without a single one of those "superior athletes" on the roster!
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Oakland and Houston are both making runs. The A's started the season at 7-20. Now, they are at 57-46. The Angels and White Sox are the only teams in the A.L. with better records.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
The White Sox have gotten whiter since the Frank Thomas injury. They brought up Ross Gload to replace Thomas. Today they just acquired Geoff Blum which will probably senddown Willie Harris. Also, sent down their Japanese pitcher and replaced him with Bobby Jenks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Astros are now inthe lead by a game over fast-fading Washingtonin the battle for the NL wildcard. Like the A's, they were given up for dead early in the season. The fact that both teams are virtually all-white was most likely at least a subconscious factor in the widespread predictions that the Astros and A's were incapable of coming back. There were calls for Roger Clemens to be traded to a contender, which was insulting to the team and to Clemens, who has earned the right many times over to finish his career with his hometown team.

I checked the box score for yesterday's game and Houston started an all-white team!

2B Biggio

CF Bruntlett

1B Berkman

3B Enberg

RF Lane

SS Everett

LF Burke

C Ausmus

P Oswalt

Nine white Americans. . . that's pretty darn rare and has been for a long time in baseball. And the Astros aremaking this runwithout Hall of Famer Jeff Bagwell. They keep signing and developing quality white players through their farm system. That's even more impressive when one considers the hispanic population of Houston and the state of Texas. The Astros could easily be like the Marlins in trying to field a mostly hispanic team to pander to southern Florida's hispanic population, which the Angels and Rangers are also doing to a lesser extent. Go Astros!Edited by: Don Wassall

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I was watching ESPN the other day, and they were all in agreement that the A's can not keep winning. The A's have a shot at winning their division now.

I am surprised by amount of white players on Boston too! Get past the 3 and 4 hitters it's mostly white.

Also, to update on my last post the White Sox sent down Gload, and sent up Jon Adkins another white player. So, no big change there other than the bullpen is mostly white now.

The only non-white friendly team winning in AL is the Angels. And once again I know nothing about the NL teams.

smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That Astro's line-up is amazing! With the Red Sox, Cards, A's, and White Sox doing so well, baseball is enjoying a "white renaissance".

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Even though I don't follow baseball, I hope it lasts! By the way, I think the majors should be 85% white, 10% hispanic, and 5% black.

A3rdrightwing

Bear-Arms said:
I was watching ESPN the other day, and they were all in agreement that the A's can not keep winning. The A's have a shot at winning their division now.

I am surprised by amount of white players on Boston too! Get past the 3 and 4 hitters it's mostly white.

Also, to update on my last post the White Sox sent down Gload, and sent up Jon Adkins another white player. So, no big change there other than the bullpen is mostly white now.

The only non-white friendly team winning in AL is the Angels. And once again I know nothing about the NL teams.

smiley36.gif

There is irony to the story of the White Sox. They are being run by a Black General Manager (Ken Williams) and a HispanicAmerindianField Manager.(Ozzie Guillen) Maybe the Mets with the "great genius affirmative action gm" Omar Minyaya and the "strong quiet black ex - jock" Willie Randolph(all pun asidethey've done an ok job, wish Randolph had more faith in Looper.) Hopefully they will see the light and see in order to win they will need White guys to play the fringe roles such as middle relief, bench players, and acharacter guy or twoin the lineup.(Someone like a ScottBrosius for the Yankees in the late 90's.) Who knows maybe they could give a White Position Player big money to play for them. I doubt with Minaya's background he will.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
A3rdrightwing said:
There is irony to the story of the White Sox. They are being run by a Black General Manager (Ken Williams) and a Hispanic Amerindian Field Manager. (Ozzie Guillen) Maybe the Mets with the "great genius affirmative action gm" Omar Minyaya and the "strong quiet black ex - jock" Willie Randolph (all pun aside they've done an ok job, wish Randolph had more faith in Looper.) Hopefully they will see the light and see in order to win they will need White guys to play the fringe roles such as middle relief, bench players, and a character guy or two in the lineup.(Someone like a Scott Brosius for the Yankees in the late 90's.) Who knows maybe they could give a White Position Player big money to play for them. I doubt with Minaya's background he will.

I was gonna point that out earlier, but I decided not to. The White Sox are mostly coached by ex-Sox players, and during the 90's they had a lot of non-white ball players. I think the only two coaches that are white are the pitching & bating coaches. Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guilen, Harlod Baines, Joey Cora, and Tim Raines all played for the White Sox. If you look in the dugout you'll notice Ozzie son because he is the interpreter. I guess some of those Latin guys speak a language even Ozzie can't understand.

smiley36.gif

IceSpeed2

Guru
We need more exhibitions between big league clubs
and colleges. The white college player who has played in formal
games, would be more refined than the kid whose only played pick up
games. Of course, the pick up game kid is a better investment
financially. There in lies the problem.

Bart

Hall of Famer
How does Oakland continue to win ?Their hitters don't have any stats to brag about and the pitching staff won't win any awards. But they just keep winning like the 1927 Yankees, it's amazing.

The A's, who were 8 1/2 games out of first in the American League West on July 18, are 18-2 since and remained tied with the Los Angeles Angels, who beat Tampa Bay. The A's are37-8 over their past 45 games to move to a season-high 17-games above .500.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
What's fist place?

Bart

Hall of Famer
All right, all right, reading Dante's posts hasgiven me a case of--Fist Fighter on the mind.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Cleveland has won 13 of 14 games I believe? Currently they have the lead in the Wild Card race, but I think they can take the Sox if they play well against them. I am a White Sox fan and even I can admit Sox are bunch of chokes.
smiley17.gif

Cleveland has a lot of good white players.

whiteCB

Master
Cliff Lee, Travis Hafner, Ben Broussard, and Jake Westbrook are all fine up and coming players. Cliff is a dark horse Cy Young candidate. Hafner is one of thje best hitters in the league. He's 2nd in OPS only behind A-Rod.

Gary

Mentor
Don it has been a long time since I've heard of an All-White line-up in any sport[except Hockey].I hope Houston and Oakland play in the World Series.

whiteCB

Master
Jayson Stark suggested today that Hafner has to be considered for MVP and yes he said in front of A-Rod, Ortiz and Vlad. Hafner has 30 HR 102 RBIS and 3rd or 2nd in OPS and on base %. Keep in mind these are stats that could have only been better if he didn't miss 17 games due to injury. Oh yeah he kicked the shi# out of the White Sox.

GWTJ

Mentor
It might not be such a good thing to see the Astros and A's play in the World Series. Two all white teams would give the black and Hispanic loving media two weeks to write about the changes that need to be made to diversify baseball. Plus all the articles ripping any team that promotes white players over Hispanic ones. Plus the "We need more baseball in the inner cities" articles. Not sure I can stomach that.

How about the Braves winning 14 straight division titles! A truly amazing feat in baseball or any other sport, a record that will never be broken whenever they finally don't finish first.

They've been underachievers in the postseason, no question, but what a run. They've done it through great white starting pitchers, mostly white relievers, and a mix of their every day starters being half white, half "other."