2024 NFL Draft

Snow Plow

Mentor
Yep. If you believe in Kirk, draft a player who will contribute for the 2-4 years Kirk will be your starter. O-line would be a solid choice, as Kirk is old and and needs all the protection he can get. Or shore up your defense, as pass rusher is a major area of need for the Falcons.

If you don't believe in Kirk, don't give him $100M guaranteed over two years. Draft a QB, spend the $100M to improve the peices around him.

Besides that, Penix was an overdraft. Besides that, he's an obvious BQB bust even if you are a BQB lover.

Even the most DWF Falcons fans (outside of Reddit) know this was a mistake.
I’d put this up there with some of the past blunders like paying a king’s ransom for the likes of Bryce Young, Ricky Williams, and Herschel Walker.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The Niners needed more on defense than offense, so I agree. I wish they had picked DeJean or Payton Wilson.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Here’s an article discussing Ladd. He laughs off not being recruited by Harbaugh and mentions being okay with wherever the team needs him.

We’ve mentioned this with others in that it would help if he took the attitude that he knew he’d be here if given the chance and that he’s going to show the NFL that he deserves to be here with more confidence.

Any way, it’s worth a quick read….

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I noticed the site traffic jumped up quite a bit during the draft well into the lower 1000s. Hopefully it's not just bots and some more people might finally be exposed to the caste system.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed the site traffic jumped up quite a bit during the draft well into the lower 1000s. Hopefully it's not just bots and some more people might finally be exposed to the caste system.
I think the best way to gauge traffic is the number of views a thread gets. This draft thread right now has 1,457 posts and over 67,000 views, and just since last Thursday when the draft started there's been over 700 posts and some 25,000 views. The total number of views will keep slowly going up, by this time next year it may be over 100,000 views.

The 2023 draft thread had 926 posts and 54,000 views so far. Going way back, the 2007 draft thread had 101 posts and 16,000 views.

The over 700 posts on this thread alone since last Thursday is impressive. A few old-timers even re-emerged to post. I wish this kind of posting was closer to the norm as CF is too quiet for my taste a lot of the time. Posting creates more posting and more views and interest. I've mentioned this many times but most members are content to be occasional or very occasional posters instead of regular ones. Wish it wasn't the case but there doesn't appear to be anything that will change it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think the best way to gauge traffic is the number of views a thread gets. This draft thread right now has 1,457 posts and over 67,000 views, and just since last Thursday when the draft started there's been over 700 posts and some 25,000 views. The total number of views will keep slowly going up, by this time next year it may be over 100,000 views.

The 2023 draft thread had 926 posts and 54,000 views so far. Going way back, the 2007 draft thread had 101 posts and 16,000 views.

The over 700 posts on this thread alone since last Thursday is impressive. A few old-timers even re-emerged to post. I wish this kind of posting was closer to the norm as CF is too quiet for my tastes a lot of the time. Posting creates more posting and more views and interest. I've mentioned this many times but most members are content to be occasional or very occasional posters instead of regular ones. Wish it wasn't the case but there doesn't appear anything that will change it.

Great news Don. I found some of my old castefootball.us business cards that I had left that I bought years ago. I'm gonna have some more
made up and hit a few sports bars sometimes and do some car advertising. Wish me luck. Will probably wait till football season though.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great news Don. I found some of my old castefootball.us business cards that I had left that I bought years ago. I'm gonna have some more
made up and hit a few sports bars sometimes and do some car advertising. Wish me luck. Will probably wait till football season though.
I got an idea for a business card or flier if anyone is graphically skilled.

“Are you a sports fan?
Curious why the leading rusher in SEC football went undrafted?
Come to find out the answer to that question and more at Castefootball.us”

jphoss

Mentor
I’m starting to see some troublesome signs about dejean moving to safety. The narrative the media is pushing is comparing dejean to former eagle Malcom Jenkins. This superficial comparison is being used to make it seem like a good thing dejean moves to safety. So for the lurkers and newbies to CF let’s take a look at the two players and see if it’s an accurate comparison- Jenkins, drafted in 1st round, ran a 4.59 40 (imagine a white cb getting drafted with that time) with a 1.63 10 yard split and a 33 inch vert. Copper Dejean ran a 4.42 ( after a leg injury) with a 1.53 10 yard split and a 38.5 vertical. This bs comparison is nothing but a smokescreen to ensure no stud white athlete plays cb

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Mentor
The Niners needed more on defense than offense, so I agree. I wish they had picked DeJean or Payton Wilson.
Agreed. I'm happy for Persall and pleased that a WR went in the 1st round but, I wouldve preferred San Fran to take DeJean with their 1 St and McCaffrey with their 3rd. Would've been some interesting storylines.

Warhawk_46

Master
The Persall pick is a Niners head scratcher. He has the makings of a good WR, but I think DeJean has a higher (dare I say) ceiling.
Agreed while I am glad Persall will be in a good organization, the 49ers defense was a sieve last year. Cooper DeJean would be an all pro.

Plus I wanted to see Luke on the 49ers with his brother as he is a first-round talent they could have gotten in the third.

Warhawk_46

Master

The over 700 posts on this thread alone since last Thursday is impressive. A few old-timers even re-emerged to post. I wish this kind of posting was closer to the norm as CF is too quiet for my taste a lot of the time. Posting creates more posting and more views and interest. I've mentioned this many times but most members are content to be occasional or very occasional posters instead of regular ones. Wish it wasn't the case but there doesn't appear to be anything that will change it.
This forum allows me to converse with others who are aware. I became aware during high school twenty years ago when we would play the occasional Milwaukee school ( I went to Arrowhead, Wisconsin’s premiere football high school for many years). I’d see the write ups on the areas best players to watch for or about how great the athletes at Bradley Tech, for example, were. And then we would play them and I was faster, stronger, quicker and flat-out dominated the blacks individually and as a team. I mean it wasn’t even difficult.

Then I knew an agenda was afoot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This forum allows me to converse with others who are aware. I became aware during high school twenty years ago when we would play the occasional Milwaukee school ( I went to Arrowhead, Wisconsin’s premiere football high school for many years). I’d see the write ups on the areas best players to watch for or about how great the athletes at Bradley Tech, for example, were. And then we would play them and I was faster, stronger, quicker and flat-out dominated the blacks individually and as a team. I mean it wasn’t even difficult.

Great post, your personal experience makes it powerful.

Good to see you back! Here’s a fine example of Beane’s cucky drafting

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-bills-picked-player-nfl-091947810.html

The Bills did sign two solid White UDFA OL that seem to have a shot over this guy. But yea a black rugby player with “long arms” seems to be a better option than a seasoned White college OT with a proven track record.
Glad to be back. I was pleasantly surprised by Brandon Beane's first couple of drafts, but it has been all downhill from there. This "long arms" thing is the new "stiff hips" in the never ending warfare on white players. They've been saying it for a while now about OL guys, but in the past year or two they've incorporated this worthless disparagement to include players at just about every position.

A prime example occurred earlier today. The Bills flagship radio station had Greg Co(hen)sell on to rate and discuss Beane's disgraceful draft. Surprisingly, the player he spoke the most highly of was Cole Bishop. After praising him for nearly 5 minutes, he concluded his evaluation by saying that the only real concern he had about him was that he has really short arms for a guy who is 6' 2"!!!

As for the UDFA OL guys, yes they are both very capable and highly rated, even by the majority of the online prospect rating sites. My fear is that Beane will relegate them to the practice squad and then some other team will snatch them and actually put them to good use. This has happened three out of the last four years under Beane with Blake Hance, Luke Tenuta, and Jack Anderson. I'm convinced that his next goal is to Sumo-ize the OL. Earlier this year, he traded Ryan Bates to the Bears and then released Mitch Morse a few days later. He then drafted an afflete center when there were only two of them amongst the top fifteen centers rated as draft-worthy. He is also in love with the super Sumo he drafted last year(Torrence) who they handed the starting RG job to the first day of training camp. He has admitted in the past that his worst mistake so far as a GM was trading Wyatt Teller to the Browns, but apparently he hasn't learned from it !!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad to be back. I was pleasantly surprised by Brandon Beane's first couple of drafts, but it has been all downhill from there. This "long arms" thing is the new "stiff hips" in the never ending warfare on white players. They've been saying it for a while now about OL guys, but in the past year or two they've incorporated this worthless disparagement to include players at just about every position.

A prime example occurred earlier today. The Bills flagship radio station had Greg Co(hen)sell on to rate and discuss Beane's disgraceful draft. Surprisingly, the player he spoke the most highly of was Cole Bishop. After praising him for nearly 5 minutes, he concluded his evaluation by saying that the only real concern he had about him was that he has really short arms for a guy who is 6' 2"!!!

As for the UDFA OL guys, yes they are both very capable and highly rated, even by the majority of the online prospect rating sites. My fear is that Beane will relegate them to the practice squad and then some other team will snatch them and actually put them to good use. This has happened three out of the last four years under Beane with Blake Hance, Luke Tenuta, and Jack Anderson. I'm convinced that his next goal is to Sumo-ize the OL. Earlier this year, he traded Ryan Bates to the Bears and then released Mitch Morse a few days later. He then drafted an afflete center when there were only two of them amongst the top fifteen centers rated as draft-worthy. He is also in love with the super Sumo he drafted last year(Torrence) who they handed the starting RG job to the first day of training camp. He has admitted in the past that his worst mistake so far as a GM was trading Wyatt Teller to the Browns, but apparently he hasn't learned from it !!!

If Buffalo underachieves again this year hopefully both Beane and McDermott are shown the door. Allen is only 27/28 so he still is young and his prime. For Beane to waste his talents by making poor personnel decisions and McDermott to waste his talents with poor game management on the field their respective leashes should be shortening.

Long arms is just another caste qualifier for blacks. The fact these GMs all have a negrophilia fetish is beyond disturbing. I think Ballard takes the cake though. The video of him defending their 2nd round pick reminds of White liberal cucks defending blacks despite their penchant for committing crimes and failing in society. These are the types of losers making the decisions. He looks like a douchebag too.

If Buffalo underachieves again this year hopefully both Beane and McDermott are shown the door. Allen is only 27/28 so he still is young and his prime. For Beane to waste his talents by making poor personnel decisions and McDermott to waste his talents with poor game management on the field their respective leashes should be shortening.

Long arms is just another caste qualifier for blacks. The fact these GMs all have a negrophilia fetish is beyond disturbing. I think Ballard takes the cake though. The video of him defending their 2nd round pick reminds of White liberal cucks defending blacks despite their penchant for committing crimes and failing in society. These are the types of losers making the decisions. He looks like a douchebag too.

Just replace "young men" with "black kids" or some other cuck equivalent and it matches up perfectly. That's really what these cuck coaches and executives mean when they use the term "young men" anyways. They're never talking about White players when they say that.

white is right

Hall of Famer

There were rumors that McDermott was on thin ice if the Bills didn't make a deep playoff run and BB would be hired to shake up the team.

I actually think if a proven winner is out there then the Bills should pull the trigger on the coach as McDermott seems to be a White Dungy where he built a contender but doesn't have the ability to get a talented team over the top.

I will say this the defense could be a problem as many of the key cogs of the defense aged out and there will be questions until the season starts if the draft picks will be able to fill the void.

wile

Master

Yep, my buddy's 1988 HS championship caliber team the black kid got a full ride to Kansas at RB (your granny could arm tackle him) and the FB a stud of a football player that opened up the the edge (because if you didn't play for him with the ball it was 10yds and a first) for the "running back" probably got a job as a roofer. It was all PR from start to finish.

Following that experience, a clear consensus was established between the coaching staff and personnel department that Penix qualified as an elite player on their draft board. In their quarterback stack, their pecking order settled into USC’s Caleb Williams at No. 1, then Penix, then LSU’s Jayden Daniels. Overall, Penix was rated among the Falcons' top four prospects, with Ohio State wideout Marvin Harrison Jr. rounding out the group. Such a lofty evaluation made it virtually impossible for the Falcons to trade back with any confidence that another team wouldn’t select Penix in the top 10.

Falcon front office evaluated the three black QB prospects over the three white ones.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Funny how ATL media has been trying all week to spin this buffoonish pick as something positive.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Following that experience, a clear consensus was established between the coaching staff and personnel department that Penix qualified as an elite player on their draft board. In their quarterback stack, their pecking order settled into USC’s Caleb Williams at No. 1, then Penix, then LSU’s Jayden Daniels. Overall, Penix was rated among the Falcons' top four prospects, with Ohio State wideout Marvin Harrison Jr. rounding out the group. Such a lofty evaluation made it virtually impossible for the Falcons to trade back with any confidence that another team wouldn’t select Penix in the top 10.

Falcon front office evaluated the three black QB prospects over the three white ones.
remember that they have a black gm and head coach which played a role. If you wanted a developmental qb behind a veteran why wouldn’t you target McCarthy who is 3 years younger than Penix. The whole thing is just blacks pandering to blacks if you ask me.

It’s also good to see you posting! Welcome back @Mischling3rdDegree

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I learn a lot. A few positives and whole lot negatives as usual. Nothing really surprises me anymore.

You hit the nail right on the head on all points. Ballard is definitely a douchebag !!! :)