2023 NFL Season Super Bowl LVIII

wile

Master
I miss Tom Petty the last half time act I would’ve wanted to see more of

backrow

Hall of Famer
Mahomes intercepted on the first drive of the second half.

Give it to Christian!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
three-and-out with no touches (or even looks) for Kittle, Juice, or McCaffrey.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A lot of the "screaming and squealing" for Usher seems piped in. Most of the crowd is taking a leak and buying food and drinks. At an average price of over $9,000 per ticket there likely isn't many of his fan base there. But just as with so many TV shows the "studio audience" has to sound super-enthusiastic whether they are or not.

Excellent points. They just keep rehashing these same older hip hop and r & b stars. They will all be the Geritol Crew soon.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i have the feeling that San Fran is playing with fire by not taking advantage of any of these KC miscues. a 7 point lead is nothing with either of these two offenses.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
these kickers are simply amazing! they make the incredibly difficult look simply routine.

yet they’re hated upon like no other position. “weird,” huh? i wonder why …
i quote myself with good reason. 57 yards!!! WOW!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I only have a few words to say and I know you all feel the same way. Let McCaffrey loose. Cmac Attack Now unless they came all this way
just to lose the super bowl. Time to use your greatest weapon and on the ground to eat the clock!

Warhawk_46

Master
49ers’ offense just cannot get anything going…

They are on borrowed time if they can’t get a drive going.

They really don't need to take all those deep shots. Part of that is Shanahan's playcalling, the other is Purdy not taking what the defense gives him. CMC was open in the middle on 2nd down.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
i have the feeling that San Fran is playing with fire by not taking advantage of any of these KC miscues. a 7 point lead is nothing with either of these two offenses.
Exactly what I was thinking. The defense has more than done its job, getting stops and turnovers, and good field position. The offense has been mostly off and has done nothing with it. This may very well bite the 49ers as the game gets tighter heading into the 4th quarter. They were moving the ball pretty well for a few series in the first half.

Both defenses are playing well, so credit goes to them.

Kaptain

Master
There has to be a stat on SF success when CMC is line-up in the backfield as opposed to emptying the backfield. Deebo is not 100% - he should be just a decoy. Kittle hasn't been used and juice has not been used much since the opening drive. OUCH