2023 NFL Season Super Bowl LVIII

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jared Allen again passed up as a HOF inductee.

However, two black defensive ends who I contend are inferior to Allen make it, in Peppers and Freeney.

Freeny was a liability against the run and was essentially a sack artist. Peppers was a complete player but if I had to choose, I would pick Allen over him.
I don't get how Freeney gets in before Allen or Hester being a serious candidate when no other special team player has seriously been considered. This finalist list seemed to have not much star power less Willis so you have to wonder how long will it take for Allen to get in as next year the list will be stacked.

Next year Eli will be a litmus test on qb star power and the value of big game wins.

PS I'm happy for Mongo and Gradishar who really waited way too long to get in the hall.

PS2 I can't tell you how many NFL MVP's lay an egg in the playoffs it seems like the success rate of their teams is similar to President's Trophy winners in the NHL.

Also the league should have another trophy called the Tom Brady award and give that to the best qb each season and give non quarterbacks a realistic chance to win the MVP again.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
Lost my power and internet for several days. I had just been explaining to my lady friend how the mountains and being pretty far north protected us from any hurricane leftovers when the wind kicked up. Boom! Bang! A flash and sparks flew from the transformer across the street. A tree had fallen on the power lines and pulled them down and snapped the pole.

Just got my internet back last night.

I bailed again at halftime when the Niners were so far down. Later again surprised they had come back and won. Again.

Dan, fourth and inches or fourth and half a yard maybe. Don't go for it on fourth and three in the situation they were in.. I feel bad for Goff. But happy for Brock.

Take the lead and keep the lead Niners.

Go easy on the Hock's nerves.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
0513608e9cf97647.jpg

woody39

Mentor
Too late for me as working tomorrow will try to watch a bit here across the pond! Hoping for McCaffrey to win super bowl MVP and 49ers to beat the Chiefs obviously.

Do like the Chiefs and they have plenty to cheer for but from a caste perspective obviously Purdy and McCaffrey carrying the team to the win is huge.

49ers have all the weapons to win not only McCaffrey but our boy Kittle at tight end and Juzyzcyk the best full back in football and Bosa on D. Samuel and Ayiuk are awesome as well. I would think they have too much for Mahommes who outside of Kelce the greatest tight end ever he is lacking weapons.

Mahommes is probably the best in the league but his lack of support class will be the difference tonight I believe.

The Hock

Master
Too late for me as working tomorrow will try to watch a bit here across the pond! Hoping for McCaffrey to win super bowl MVP and 49ers to beat the Chiefs obviously.

Do like the Chiefs and they have plenty to cheer for but from a caste perspective obviously Purdy and McCaffrey carrying the team to the win is huge.

49ers have all the weapons to win not only McCaffrey but our boy Kittle at tight end and Juzyzcyk the best full back in football and Bosa on D. Samuel and Ayiuk are awesome as well. I would think they have too much for Mahommes who outside of Kelce the greatest tight end ever he is lacking weapons.

Mahommes is probably the best in the league but his lack of support class will be the difference tonight I believe.
Good assessment. Cheers.

Sean89

Mentor
Never thought I'd see a star white RB in a SB in my life time. Sad sign of the times. But, great to be proven wrong.

Having some receiving and defensive studs is an extra bonus to be enjoyed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's Go Purdy, Kittle, and Christian McCaffrey to name just a few. Go Niners. Bring it home boys.

I feel confident. Niners win a close one and Cmac with the MVP!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"All World" Trent Williams doing his Jason Peters imitation.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
penalty before the punt, as well. all three flags were thrown on the “world’s best affletes” for San Fran.

the White players in the game are looking sharp, so far.

as an aside, this is the first live nfl action i’ve watched in several years.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
was Watson open on that third-and-long for KC? it looked like it initially, but obviously no replay showed a better angle.