2023 NFL Conference Championship Games

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Let's be honest though - they lucked out with Purdy after making one of the biggest potential franchise ruining trades for Trey Lance. Bosa was a no brainer, CMC a no brainer trade option which they did get done. I do give them credit for admitting the Lance mistake and moving on from him for a minimal return.
I agree. And they were also smart to get Darnold. We'll never know, at least not this season but I think he could run the 49ers offense as well as Purdy.

wile

Master
All those times Green Bay floundered against SF and here I have to watch this crap.

El Gringo

Mentor
I like how Bosa reacts after a sack, no gyrating, no doing the worm on the field, especially with his team getting whipped to this point.
I noticed that as well and was impressed but when he went back to his defense he should have ripped there ass’s!!

Gator Dad

Guru
All of San Francisco's points so far have been scored by White men. Fitting.

We can at least look forward to Malcolm Rodriguez or one of his lunch pail overachiever teammates hopefully intercepting Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And at least C-Mac got a glory TD in front of a huge national audience.

Lurkers and politically on-the-fence people take notice (re: 49ers awful defense and their defensive coordinator): This is why the Rooney Rule sucks donkey balls.

Warhawk_46

Master
I like how Bosa reacts after a sack, no gyrating, no doing the worm on the field, especially with his team getting whipped to this point.
I agree, he understands he is being paid to sack the quarterback. Enthusiasm is fine but to act like a fool is tnb.

Our guys are generally just better all around people.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Guarantee it is making an impact. As someone just stated a few posts earlier in the thread, he is the biggest caste story in decades.

This is probably the most site traffic since the Maddow hit piece on castefootball all those years ago lol.

Warhawk_46

Master
Dan Campbell is imposing his will on Shanahan.
Kyle, for all the great coaching he does, seems to get swallowed up in the big moments. Their offensive line is not suited to dominating physically and Detroit is punching them in the mouth. Bullying them.

So far they have no response.

They need to get Deebo involved and Kittle as well. Detroit should be on its heels and not t-ing off on McCaffrey which is what happened in the first half.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Even back when I was a kid and these antics really started becoming normalized in the sport I always remember my dad telling me that is not how to act when playing sports. I know black players did dumb celebrations before Deion Sanders but he took it to the next level and is responsible for the typical mentality of the average black athlete today.

El Gringo

Mentor
Kyle, for all the great coaching he does, seems to get swallowed up in the big moments. Their offensive line is not suited to dominating physically and Detroit is punching them in the mouth. Bullying them.

So far they have no response.

They need to get Deebo involved and Kittle as well. Detroit should be on its heels and not t-ing off on McCaffrey which is what happened in the first half.
Agreed he seems to be content on lining Cmac next to Purdy in the the shotgun and then asking Christian to run a sweep latterly without a lead blocker. Line up in I formation and let him run down hill then get Deebo and Kittle involved in play action. Old school Bill Walsh football.

Hartline

Guru
The Lions must have converted 10 3rd downs in that half.

Abysmal showing from their defense aside from Bosa's two sacks

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this is the first NFL action i’ve watched in a couple years. for all the talk about “team speed,” it is the much-Whiter Detroit defense that was playing at a higher speed in the first half, while the all-black-minus-Bosa 49ers defense looked slow. and more importantly, they looked completely lost out there.

Snow Plow

Mentor
The league probably doesn’t like the Lions overachievers, but they will sell the woman owner angle. I’m fine with the Ford family. They employ a lot of Americans and could be more if people stopped driving Toyotas and Suburus.

El Gringo

Mentor
A real lion on the field!! Fun stuff happened when white men were in charge lol!

Snow Plow

Mentor
Ironic that the guy that took out anHockenson and Higbee is injured. See ya, Kerby!