2023 Michigan State Spartans

NikoDuke

Mentor
Yes, I was at MSU on Friday taking care of some things and I heard about this. He deserves more than what he received.

Fat sumo Spencer Brown received a half-game suspension from the NCAA, essentially upgrading his unnecessary roughness penalty to a targeting call. Many are saying he got off easy for this. What do you think?
Michigan's defense rotates heavily this season, in part because of blowing out most of its opponents. Out of the top 20 defensive players via snap count, just 2 are white. What are the odds that Spencer Brown just happened to pick Braiden McGregor for his swan dive?

They both played high school football in Michigan one year apart. I wonder if they'd squared off before.
Spencer Brown's career should be terminated, there's always barber college

Phall

Master
https://www.on3.com/college/michiga...ate-head-coach-football-oregon-state-beavers/

Smith will continue the roster darkening at Michigan State. Will probably bring over his quota from Oregon St. Some talented White QBs currently in East Lansing need to enter the portal.

Katin Houser and Sam Leavitt both enter the transfer portal (along with Noah Kim). The Spartans will return zero scholarship quarterbacks and have only Matt Hasselbeck's son Henry incoming. The second-ever Michigan State coach named John Smith will be shopping for at least two (non-white) quarterbacks in the portal.

12145620.jpg

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Ironically Oregon St and Clemson both end the season at 8-4. Another storyline early in the season was that Swinney made a mistake keeping Klubnik and letting Uigalelei walk. Uiagalelei was one of the most hyped "5 star" players in recent memory and he did not live up to the ranking (most do not). He was serviceable at Oregon State but still managed to complete less than 60% of his throws in this passer friendly era of college football. I still think the PAC 12 teams going to the Big Ten will face a bit of a learning curve - teams like Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, PSU all play pretty solid defense.

I don't trust this new Spartan head coach to recruit locally at all and the Spartans will become a low single digit White starting team under his tenure.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good points. I’m hoping the Big Ten Defenses win out over the fly high Pac12 offenses. Will be an interesting thing to keep an eye on. As for Sparty.. Gone are the days of developing 2 and 3 stars, redshirting them and playing guys as Redshirt Juniors and Seniors. Man I miss Dantoni.