2023 College Football Week Zero

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Week Zero starts the college football season tomorrow.

The main game of interest in Navy vs Notre Dame. Sam Hartman is an under the radar potential Heisman candidate and the Irish are pretty White friendly this season.

The other big game features USC - an upset would be nice but it will be another year of the USC quota hype.

jphoss

Mentor
Week Zero starts the college football season tomorrow.

The main game of interest in Navy vs Notre Dame. Sam Hartman is an under the radar potential Heisman candidate and the Irish are pretty White friendly this season.

The other big game features USC - an upset would be nice but it will be another year of the USC quota hype.
Can’t wait to see which nfl teams makes the mistake of taking that classless qb from usc over Drake Maye

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hartman 14/18 198 yds and 2 TDs - ND are dominating Navy at the half.

Navy is the on the decline, but Notre Dame looks good. Arguably underrated in the preseason polls, which is unusual for them. Hartman is probably the best QB they've had in a decade, and they still have their signature white offensive line that looks as dominant as ever. Kind of disappointing to see 0 whites at speed positions for a program that has given us a few NFL safeties and WRs over the years, but not a terrible team to root for.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LB JD Bertrand with a nice chase down tackle for 4th down. Criminally underrated.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Navy is the on the decline, but Notre Dame looks good. Arguably underrated in the preseason polls, which is unusual for them. Hartman is probably the best QB they've had in a decade, and they still have their signature white offensive line that looks as dominant as ever. Kind of disappointing to see 0 whites at speed positions for a program that has given us a few NFL safeties and WRs over the years, but not a terrible team to root for.

Defense looks good as well as well. The Irish are certainly a team we can root for in 2023.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Cannon throw from UTEPs Laufenberg. 50+ TD bomb. Afflete receiver bobbles it. Play overturned.

jphoss

Mentor
ND with a good win- oline looks great, we know the te will be good, defense even has 3-5 overachievers out there almost every snap, and the man of the match is Hartman. Not just the throws but the way he runs the offense is impressive. He looks totally in command out there. And I would love to ask a draft “expert” what is the difference between Hartman, projected to be a late round pick, and Bryce Young? Hartman has 3-4 inches on him, I see no difference in accuracy or velocity between them, Hartman seems more mobile especially maneuvering in the pocket, and he produced way more in college. What magical x-factor could young have over him that would cause one player to be drafted number 1 while the other is set to be a mid round selection

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
ND with a good win- oline looks great, we know the te will be good, defense even has 3-5 overachievers out there almost every snap, and the man of the match is Hartman. Not just the throws but the way he runs the offense is impressive. He looks totally in command out there. And I would love to ask a draft “expert” what is the difference between Hartman, projected to be a late round pick, and Bryce Young? Hartman has 3-4 inches on him, I see no difference in accuracy or velocity between them, Hartman seems more mobile especially maneuvering in the pocket, and he produced way more in college. What magical x-factor could young have over him that would cause one player to be drafted number 1 while the other is set to be a mid round selection
Great post and I totally ageee with your Hartman assessment. I think his transfer to Notre Dame was a wise decision. His resume speaks for itself over the course of his career and he will get a season at a program with national prominence to get well deserved recognition. He’s just as good as this year’s overrated quota savior from USC with zero hype.

jphoss

Mentor
Great post and I totally ageee with your Hartman assessment. I think his transfer to Notre Dame was a wise decision. His resume speaks for itself over the course of his career and he will get a season at a program with national prominence to get well deserved recognition. He’s just as good as this year’s overrated quota savior from USC with zero hype.
His transfer shows one of the areas nil can help our guys- he’s making just as much at ND than he would as a 6th round pick plus the opportunity to move to a big time school and boost his draft. It’s an avenue for lesser known but more talented white players and specifically qbs to take as long as they make the right choice of destination.
I bet the under for usc’s win total this year they have an overrated roster and a qb whose ego is off the charts. One early season loss and I can see it snowballing for them but Williams will still be drafted 1 of course

TwentyTwo

Master
Looks like BOTH UTEP (Marcus Bellon) & Jax State (Sterling Galban) have White punt returners!

Sam Hartman is the best QB the Irish have had in awhile!
More teams across the land need to be as white on Defense!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
His transfer shows one of the areas nil can help our guys- he’s making just as much at ND than he would as a 6th round pick plus the opportunity to move to a big time school and boost his draft. It’s an avenue for lesser known but more talented white players and specifically qbs to take as long as they make the right choice of destination.
I bet the under for usc’s win total this year they have an overrated roster and a qb whose ego is off the charts. One early season loss and I can see it snowballing for them but Williams will still be drafted 1 of course

I agree. One of the most baffling NIL/Transfers that did not happen was Grayson McCall. He is another overlooked White QB but ended up returning to Coastal Carolina. I was surprised at that because he has been one of the best QBs in college football the past few seasons.

jphoss

Mentor
does anyone here know if that freshman receiver, Greathouse i believe, for ND that scored 2 td’s is half white? His light skin, as well as his ability to not drop passes, look comfortable running routes, and attending Westlake has me suspicious there’s some white in him

jphoss

Mentor
I agree. One of the most baffling NIL/Transfers that did not happen was Grayson McCall. He is another overlooked White QB but ended up returning to Coastal Carolina. I was surprised at that because he has been one of the best QBs in college football the past few seasons.
Poor decision there’s enough white friendly schools especially when it comes to qb still that he could have upgraded

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like USC has the same issues on defense. They will lose a few games this year.

NikoDuke

Mentor
does anyone here know if that freshman receiver, Greathouse i believe, for ND that scored 2 td’s is half white? His light skin, as well as his ability to not drop passes, look comfortable running routes, and attending Westlake has me suspicious there’s some white in him
Yes. Mixed race

TwentyTwo

Master
Ohio U. WR Sam Wiglusz had a nice game with 10 receptions for 103 yards receiving!
Starting QB Rourke was injured in the 1st half ; did not return

RB Landon Sims led Hawai'i in rushing with 9 carries for 38 yards

6'-3 Vanderbilt Freshman WR London Humphrey's first collegiate catch was a 32 yard TD!

TE Mark Redman (San Diego St) 5 receptions 62 yards & 2 TD's

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just going through some boxscores - FIU's stating black quarterback was 5/14 for 4 yards and an INT W/ 9 carries for 15 yards.