2023 College Football Week 9

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I really hope Clemson can pull things together next year for Shipley’s senior season. It would be foolish for him to not come back to school. White running backs need to declare after a monster season and even then, the media and scouts will denigrate them.

Excellent post and I agree with you. If he could have stayed healthy and had a big season like last year I wanted him to go pro. Not now
by a long shot as he would probably get the Borghi Treatment or worse. Get healthy & stay healthy and return to Clemson!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
At the half USC and their “generational” QB are losing by 11 to Cal. The Golden Bears have a losing record on the season.

Honky wide receiver Trond Grizzell is leading the way with 4 catches for 62 yards and a TD.

Beat me to it. Also, would have never guess Trond Grizzell was a White guy LOL. Nice find. I'm pretty high on the QB for Cal Fernando Mendoza, looks like he is having a solid game.

UGA dominating Florida, I figured it would be a close game. McConkey looks to be taking on a bigger role with Bowers lost for the season potentially.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
UCLA vs Colorado is coming up soon. Must See TV!

Time to see Carson "Superman" Steele in prime time! Hope he has a monster game but I expect to
see alot of dirty and late hits. Hope I'm wrong.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Beat me to it. Also, would have never guess Trond Grizzell was a White guy LOL. Nice find. I'm pretty high on the QB for Cal Fernando Mendoza, looks like he is having a solid game.

UGA dominating Florida, I figured it would be a close game. McConkey looks to be taking on a bigger role with Bowers lost for the season potentially.
Yea, strange name but he is from Park City, Utah. Only a redshirt sophomore, he’s one to watch in the coming years. 6’-4” at only 200 lbs so should be a true outside receiver and big target.

Cal 42-29 to start the 4th. Grizzell with 83 yards now.

Rocky B

Master
Breaking news....

Casey Filkins starting for Stanford. Good to see him back.
He’s still the leading rusher for the Cardinal, even though he’s been out for awhile

Rocky B

Master
UCLA vs Colorado is coming up soon. Must See TV!

Time to see Carson "Superman" Steele in prime time! Hope he has a monster game but I expect to
see alot of dirty and late hits. Hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully they’ll start Garbers again.
He did well last week.
Schlee will come in for certain packages. He’s fun to watch..

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
NC St LB Payton Wilson with a pick 6 and another monster game. He's probably the best LB in the country. I'd imagine he gets a Senior Bowl invite.
if you pay close attention, Wilson outran the “real” afflete at running back on the opposing team. the “real” afflete had the angle and a much shorter run to make the tackle, but “somehow” the overachieving Wilson blue-collared his way to the outside and lunchpailed his way into the end zone.

“somehow,” despite being much larger (and much Whiter), Wilson absolutely dusted a supposed little speedster in a straight-out foot race.

yet we are told that White athletes can’t play running back, or even run fast for that matter. “weird,” huh?

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
TWO fumbles?!? i can’t watch the game at the moment, so can someone explain what happened? is our cat playing loose with the ball or did Colorado make outstanding plays?

jphoss

Mentor
TWO fumbles?!? i can’t watch the game at the moment, so can someone explain what happened? is our cat playing loose with the ball or did Colorado make outstanding plays?
He lowered his shoulder and it was a good clean hit that knocked the ball out

TwentyTwo

Master
Missed the first fumble. Colorado defender made nice hit with the helmet dislodging the ball. Steele is a violent runner. But has to do better on the Big Stage.

jphoss

Mentor
Yes indeed Ladd McHonky turning on them Jets!

Anyone else catch how muted cuck danielson was after he scored. He gave credit to the pre-snap motion which confused the db. BS Ladd ran a dirty route with a nasty jab step off-balancing the afflete causing him to overreact and Ladd spun the other way. He completely toasted him but cuck danielson couldn’t bring himself to say it

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
finally saw the replays on both fumbles. credit where it’s due; Colorado’s safety made outstanding hits in both instances. Steele was doing everything he could to protect the ball, but the defense made two magnificent hits right on the ball.

if i understand correctly, those are the first two fumbles of Carson’s collegiate career.

TwentyTwo

Master
Air Force Swiss Army Knife Dane Kinamon TD catch.....but the TD Run a HOLDING Call in the snow!

Yes JimmyC. What i saw too .

Florida WR Ricky Pearsall 6 rec 99 yards
Cal WR Tron Grizzell 6 rc 91 yards TD
Rice WR Luke McCaffrey 5 rec 79 yards & TD
Ohio U. WR Sam Wiglusz 5 rec 79 yards

Hope Will Shipley's injury is not too serious. (neck?)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There used to be a Pro Wrestler back in the 1980's by the name of George "The Animal" Steele. The guy had
an act where he looked like he broke out of a mental hospital. Popular wrestler way back in the day.

Well I say RELEASE CARSON the ANIMAL STEELE he like a caged Lion waiting to bounce on his prey. If you think this
kid is good when he is happy just wait till he is pissed off. He fumbled twice but he will make them pay. The kid squats
650lbs. A caged tiger waiting to go on the hunt. Put him back in and he will make the most of it!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i’ve not watched UCLA much because of how late they play, but wideout Logan Loya is QUICK. his change of speed and change of direction abilities are impressive. now i’m curious as to why his career receiving numbers aren’t …

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
no carries for Steele yet in the second half (because of those two fumbles?). (coincidentally?) UCLA has not been able to run the ball over that span.

Loya can’t be covered by the Colorado Primes. he’s breaking those Upside Americans’ ankles and leaving them throwing their palms up and yelling at each other. LOL. again i wonder why his receiving numbers aren’t vastly better …

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and again LOYA!!! what a catch!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
and again LOYA!!! what a catch!!!
At least some of the other guys are shining. I do think the punishment on Steele is a little severe but he does have to take care of the ball.

I would like to see Collin Schlee get more carries at running back. He is a running back labled as a quarterback. Like Plumlee explosiveness.