2023 College Football Week 3

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Two games tonight, neither real interesting from a caste perspective:

Miami - Bethune Cookman
Memphis - Navy

Have the Miami game on in the background just to watch Van Dyke who so far looks like the 2021 version early in the season.

Rocky B

Master
Navy has a Pittsburgh kid running the ball.
Alex Tecza has 7 carries for 131 yards already....
Not even close to halftime yet.....
He played at a high level in high school, but of course Pitt, WVU, etc says no thanks, no scholarship for whitey...

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Navy has a Pittsburgh kid running the ball.
Alex Tecza has 7 carries for 131 yards already....
Not even close to halftime yet.....
He played at a high level in high school, but of course Pitt, WVU, etc says no thanks, no scholarship for whitey...
Figures! We’ve heard this story before!

TwentyTwo

Master
Alex Tecza finished with 163 yards rushing ! on just 15 carries!
Including this 75 yard TD Run

Miami WR Xavier Restrepo had 120 yards receiving on 6 catches

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Looks like we’ve got another burgeoning young star at RB!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Alex Tecza finished with 163 yards rushing ! on just 15 carries!
Including this 75 yard TD Run

Miami WR Xavier Restrepo had 120 yards receiving on 6 catches
thanks for sharing this.

i wonder if those “real” affletes at defensive black *tm* for Memphis are on suicide watch after getting dusted by an overachieving gym rat …

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
thanks for sharing this.

i wonder if those “real” affletes at defensive black *tm* for Memphis are on suicide watch after getting dusted by an overachieving gym rat …

That would require self-awareness and accountability!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Phall

Master
Ohio (9 starters) hosts Iowa State (12 starters) tomorrow at noon, if you can find the ESPN U channel. Both teams start a white QB, TE, WR, and safety, among others.

FCS contender North Dakota will try to give Boise State's tainted team its third straight loss (noon, FS1).

Minnesota (10 total starters, 5 on defense) travels to Drake Maye's #20 North Carolina (3:30pm, ESPN). A win will legitimize the Gophers as Big Ten West contenders, a rough loss will separate them from Iowa's tier. Iowa will host Western Michigan (9 starters) as big favorites (3:30pm, BTN).

I would prefer that Graham Mertz and the Florida Gators defeat visiting Joe Milton and the Tennessee Volunteers (7pm, ESPN).

Otherwise, not a lot of barn-burner games; just hope for our guys to rack up stats.

Alex Tecza finished with 163 rushing yards and a touchdown on 15 carries for Navy, but the team came up short against very dark Memphis (QB Seth Henigan had two rushing TDs and a passing TD of his own).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looks like we’ve got another burgeoning young star at RB!

This is why I love football and track as speed kills. The same thing that happens in football with the racial slotting of whites into non speed
positions happens in track. The coach's & scouts love to move whites into the distance or field events as the false stereotypes & lies that
whites cannot run fast. It's always been a lie and this is coming from a guy that played football and ran track when younger. I also played
baseball and basketball. Speed is Speed period! Stop the lies that and anti white discrimination and you would see alot more white running backs, recievers, cornerbacks, etc. etc.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ohio (9 starters) hosts Iowa State (12 starters) tomorrow at noon, if you can find the ESPN U channel. Both teams start a white QB, TE, WR, and safety, among others.

FCS contender North Dakota will try to give Boise State's tainted team its third straight loss (noon, FS1).

Minnesota (10 total starters, 5 on defense) travels to Drake Maye's #20 North Carolina (3:30pm, ESPN). A win will legitimize the Gophers as Big Ten West contenders, a rough loss will separate them from Iowa's tier. Iowa will host Western Michigan (9 starters) as big favorites (3:30pm, BTN).

I would prefer that Graham Mertz and the Florida Gators defeat visiting Joe Milton and the Tennessee Volunteers (7pm, ESPN).

Otherwise, not a lot of barn-burner games; just hope for our guys to rack up stats.

Alex Tecza finished with 163 rushing yards and a touchdown on 15 carries for Navy, but the team came up short against very dark Memphis (QB Seth Henigan had two rushing TDs and a passing TD of his own).

Nice weekend preview. I think Minnesota will be a bit of a challenge for UNC. Agreed on the UF-Tenn matchup as well. Did not hear much about Tennessee not flat out dominating last week against an FCS opponent. Pearsall has been getting targeted a decent amount in the first two games so we can only hope that Mertz continues to look his way.

LSU-Mississippi St has the look of a potential upset.

I think WKU - Ohio St will be fairly high scoring. Austin Reed is overlooked but has been very good this season after a great 2022 campaign. Wouldn't mind to see a bit of a shootout with Austin Reed and McCord putting up gaudy stats.

Looks like that caste klutz Rhule is blind to his magical quarterback and will let him keep the starting job. History sure does repeat itself quickly in Lincoln! https://www.on3.com/college/nebrask...ff-sims-is-nebraska-starting-qb-when-healthy/

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice weekend preview. I think Minnesota will be a bit of a challenge for UNC. Agreed on the UF-Tenn matchup as well. Did not hear much about Tennessee not flat out dominating last week against an FCS opponent. Pearsall has been getting targeted a decent amount in the first two games so we can only hope that Mertz continues to look his way.

LSU-Mississippi St has the look of a potential upset.

I think WKU - Ohio St will be fairly high scoring. Austin Reed is overlooked but has been very good this season after a great 2022 campaign. Wouldn't mind to see a bit of a shootout with Austin Reed and McCord putting up gaudy stats.

Looks like that caste klutz Rhule is blind to his magical quarterback and will let him keep the starting job. History sure does repeat itself quickly in Lincoln! https://www.on3.com/college/nebrask...ff-sims-is-nebraska-starting-qb-when-healthy/

Nebraska is becoming a dumpster fire. Push all black qb's for decades in a hick town. No agenda here. Even when they lose you just
keep playing them. Remember one of the McCaffrey Brothers left there as they didn't give him a fair chance to be a qb despite him
being just as mobile as the magical qb's.

WKU vs Ohio State might be the best game of the weekend. I see a shootout as well with OSU winning a close one.

Florida needs to have a good year for Pearsall to get a chance to be drafted. He has all the talent but he is white so we know what happens
to our guys no matter what stats they put up. Hoping he can go over 1000 yards this season.

Phall

Master
Nebraska is becoming a dumpster fire. Push all black qb's for decades in a hick town. No agenda here. Even when they lose you just
keep playing them. Remember one of the McCaffrey Brothers left there as they didn't give him a fair chance to be a qb despite him
being just as mobile as the magical qb's.

I was really surprised to see an article like this during the week. Forget normies: even the journalist class is catching on.

The problem Rhule faces, however, is that no matter what approach you take to rebuilding a program, there's one problem you can't get wrong: You can't miss on your QB, and that's an area in which Rhule has whiffed.

Jeff Sims came to Nebraska from Georgia Tech where he'd fallen out of favor because of his inability to take care of the football. Turnovers were a killer for a Georgia Tech team that had to beat opponents at the margins and outweighed the positives of Sims' occasional big plays.

YulWGcF.png

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I've heard that UVA will be going back to the original starter Tony Muskett if he is cleared from injury rather than letting the true freshman Anthony Colandrea start. I'd prefer Colandrea to start the balance of the season. He played very well in his first start. Both he and QB Emory Williams from Miami are two reasons for optimism at the QB position in the ACC down the road.

Rocky B

Master
Army has an overachiever QB and a running back named Hayden Reed I was unaware of. Reed ripped off a nice early run....All of a sudden I’ll be watching Army tonight......Air Force is on at 8:00.... I’ve yet to watch hem this year. Roberts was a stud, let’s see how Owen Burke does......

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Nebraska loses and Rhule gets fired. Sims wonder off into a corn field never to be seen again. Win win win.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Army has an overachiever QB and a running back named Hayden Reed I was unaware of. Reed ripped off a nice early run....All of a sudden I’ll be watching Army tonight......Air Force is on at 8:00.... I’ve yet to watch hem this year. Roberts was a stud, let’s see how Owen Burke does......

Hayden Reed has 9 rushes for 43 yards so far averaging just about 5 yards per carry in the first half.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Maryland WR Braeden Wislowski has a kick return for a TD.

Colandrea looks sharp for Virginia

Phall

Master
I've heard that UVA will be going back to the original starter Tony Muskett if he is cleared from injury rather than letting the true freshman Anthony Colandrea start. I'd prefer Colandrea to start the balance of the season. He played very well in his first start. Both he and QB Emory Williams from Miami are two reasons for optimism at the QB position in the ACC down the road.
Sounds like Muskett is still injured, or at least that what the coach is claiming. Colandrea got the start again tonight and, while I’ve watched him make a few mistakes, he’s got his team in it on the road against Maryland. Virginia won’t be very good this year anyway, so they might as well get their freshman some reps.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Hayden Reed has 9 rushes for 43 yards so far averaging just about 5 yards per carry in the first half.
Hayden Reed has gone over 100 yards for the game; he’s currently at 101 yards and 1 touchdown on 18 carries. that’s a nice 5.6 yards-per-carry average for the sophomore.

fellow Army sophomore, Noah Short has 3 catches for 68 yards and a touchdown, as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Muskett is still injured, or at least that what the coach is claiming. Colandrea got the start again tonight and, while I’ve watched him make a few mistakes, he’s got his team in it on the road against Maryland. Virginia won’t be very good this year anyway, so they might as well get their freshman some reps.

Colandrea didn't look sharp in the second half. Agree with you that they should just let him play out the season. UVA stinks, might as well prep for next year.

Rocky B

Master
The announcers for the Air Force game have mentioned how well Michel has run the ball tonight at least four times. Burk has run way better with less accolades.....Anyone notice this? Big surprise, right?