2023 Arizona Cardinals

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Cardinals are historically one of the worst and most anti-White franchises. Last year they were surprisingly "White friendly", especially on the defensive side. Kliff Kucksbury is gone and apparently alot of the White players with him. Your 2023 roster:

Number of White starters: 3
Number of White players on 53 man roster: 11
Grade: F-

QB: Clayton Tune
T: Carter O'Donnell
C: Hjalte Froholdt
TE: Zach Ertz, Trey McBride, Geoff Swaim

OLB: Dennis Gardeck, Cameron Thomas

P: Nolan Cooney
PK: Matt Prater
LS: Aaron Brewer

Injured Reserve: Pat Elflein (OL), Matt Hembrough (LS)
Practice squad: Jackson Barton (OL), Kaden Davis (WR), Jeff Driskel (QB), Ben Stille (DL), Blake Whiteheart (TE), Hayden Howerton (OL), Bernhard Seikovits (TE)

Now this is the Cardinals we know and love (to hate). They purged 7 Whites from the overall roster dropping into almost single digit territory. The sumo laden offensive line is the main thing keeping the numbers so low. At quarterback, the team traded at the last minute to acquire 3rd stringer black quarterback Josh Dobbs. The guy, who looks like an emaciated cancer patient, gave the NFL their coup d'état with a record breaking 14 black quarterbacks starting week 1. One wonders if this was done intentionally, as there are countless better White QBs who could have been acquired for nothing from free agency or another teams practice squad. Conspiracy theories aside, rookie quarterback from Houston, Clayton Tune, is in a great position. He's almost certain to become the starter at some point this season and show why he was one of the most dynamic passers in college. The offensive line will be an albatross but the tight end assortment will be a strength. Going into his 12th season, Zach Ertz is still a capable player. In fact, after 2 games he's leading the team in targets. I'd love to see him have a good year and continue to move up the all time TE receiving yards list. He sits at 12th, with the ability to move into the top ten if he can get around 700 yards. Backing him up is Trey McBride, the first TE drafted in 2022. McBride can hopefully take over and excel when Ertz moves on or retires.

On defense, the purge was harsh. 7 Whites down to 2. Dennis Gardeck is a starter at OLB depending on which publication you look at. He's been excellent so far with 3 sacks already. Thomas is a 3rd round pick who had 3 sacks in his rookie year.

The tanking Cardinals are a team to avoid and will likely give more favorable teams like the 49ers and Rams 2 easy wins each.

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Frankly, it's refreshing that the worst team in the NFL is also the blackest. There seems to be a trend where the worst teams in the NFL (and NBA) add a couple of practice squad whites into their starting lineups at some point so that the cameras have something to focus on when the other team is covering the spread.

It's better that some black bum named Josh Dobbs, who is apparently a veteran even though I'd never heard of him a month ago and don't know where he played college football nor where/when he was drafted (two things I tend to follow), starts at quarterback instead of rookie Clayton Tune, who would only ever endure a season's worth of ostracization as the "worst quarterback in the league" before being relegated to competing for a roster spot against the backup for next year's top draft pick black quarterback. Better for Tune that he can debut in spot-duty rather than hearing immediate calls for Colin Kaepernick to replace him.

I wonder what a veteran like Zach Ertz thinks about at night. He's married to a elite soccer girl who is hot and has a kid with her. I'd like to think they roll their eyes a lot together, but who knows?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Tune is being "thrown to the wolves" in Week 9 before Murray makes his return. Tune should have been starting all along but that's not how the Cardinals roll. But I do expect Murray to struggle more than ever when he returns, given he probably will be doing very little running, which is the only reason he wasn't a complete disaster as a starter.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that “barring a significant change,” Cardinals QB Clayton Tune is expected to start in Week 9 against the Browns.
After reportedly grinding the film of Josh Dobbs’ Week 8 performance against the Ravens, Cardinals HC Jonathan Gannon went back on his decision to start Dobbs in Week 9 and will hand it over to either Tune or Kyler Murray. Like a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter, Rapoport reporting the start could go to Tune makes some sense. While Murray is nearing a return, Gannon opting to not roll him out against Myles Garrett and a top-notch Browns defense is a good call. Tune, a fifth-round rookie from Houston, can be left off fantasy radars, as he’ll face a challenging NFL debut at the Dawg Pound.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is just so nice of the Cardinals to throw the kid to the wolves at the halfway point of the season. He should have played alot
already but as Don said the Cards don't really want the kid to succeed. Just like with Andy Isabella I'm sure they will declare Clayton
Tune is a bust without a fair chance. I really loathe this team along with many others across the league.

Snow Plow

Guru
The good news is he will get a chance to play and he will have Trey McBride to throw to. McBride broke out this weekend with 10 catches and was another example of our continued domination of the TE position.

Good news is after the Browns gave away their game to plantation Pete, they should be in their annual quitting mode by now which will give Tune plenty of openings to make some plays

I had a feeling the move to Tune was because the Cardinals were looking to move Dobbs at the deadline. And sure enough, they just dealt him to Minnesota. Truly baffling move from Minnesota, but not surprising given their black power minded GM. Dobbs has struggled to make a roster most of his career, has 1 win on the season and an 81 passer rating. Rooting for Tune here, but it looks like he's the sacrificial lamb for their tank job.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well Cardinals only got back a 6th rounder, while themselves throwing in a 7th. That’s as little value in return as possible. Shows what sort of market there was for this “starting QB”. If Mullins gets healthy, he could easily start.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
At this point no one can convince me otherwise that a league wide mandate has been put into place that a minimum number of black QBs must be starting. Dobbs went 1-6 as the starter, the Cardinals initially decide to stick with him for another game before changing their minds. Minnesota sees Dobbs body of work from this year and last (his atrocious playoff performance) are supposedly in the middle of a "competitive rebuild" with Kirk Cousins getting them back to .500 with his superb play. Cousins gets injured and the Vikings decide to trade for Josh Dobbs and keep the other black QB atop the depth chart. Something truly stinks with these black GMs and no one is going to question them. Anyways I hope the Vikings lose out with their somali GM and beta white head coach. Blacks being put in positions to continue to push the envelope of discrimination as far as possible with dumb White fan bases not pushing back.

Does anyone here really think Dobbs is better than Flacco, Wentz, Foles? Or even trading for a White QB like Drew Lock, Mason Rudolph, Will Grier?

Tune is more than likely going to get 1-2 games before the "manlet" gets the starting job back.