2022 NFL Wildcard Round

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looked like a poor man's Josh Allen, maybe not even a poor man's version. He's got quite the combination of throwing accuracy and running ability along with a lot of smarts.
Jones is a lot more careful with the football than Allen has been this season. Have to wonder how much of Allen’s regression when it comes to turnovers is due to Daboll leaving Buffalo. I just want Allen to clean up the turnovers as he is one of the most exciting players in the game but plays a little out of control.

Warhawk_46

Master
Men, I haven’t been on much today, as we have been coming back from a family vacation down in the great state of Alabama. However, dismayed to see the Vikings lost today I agree with your assessment that they will trend blacker, same as the Packers did.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jones is a lot more careful with the football than Allen has been this season. Have to wonder how much of Allen’s regression when it comes to turnovers is due to Daboll leaving Buffalo. I just want Allen to clean up the turnovers as he is one of the most exciting players in the game but plays a little out of control.
Allen plays how guys like Favre or Elway played. That is to say, not so concerned about the occasional interception if it means making a big play to put the offense ahead. I actually appreciate that type of game versus the super safe Dinkin dunk that the NFL has become a new.

He should be more careful, though, I agree

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kirk Cousins gets way too much criticism tbh. Statistically he’s doing his part and then some
He's a very good quarterback and I've always supported and rooted for him, but throwing a 3 yard pass to a covered TE on 4th and 8 was not smart, it just wasn't.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He's a very good quarterback and I've always supported and rooted for him, but throwing a 3 yard pass to a covered TE on 4th and 8 was not smart, it just wasn't.
It was a poor decision for sure. Just stinks that is what will be focused on rather than the Vikings giving up 31 points.

Kaptain

Master
I'm not incredibly upset with the Vikings loss. From a Caste perspective Daniel Jones is the most important guy on the field. In total sure the Vikings have a little more to root for but not much. Thielen hasn't been dominant for years due to being hampered every year by a nagging ankle injury. He used to be one of the most athletically dynamic WRs in the game. He was one of the best at YAC yards and he just doesn't have that anymore. Hockenson was a great addition but one spot that has been a bright caste spot for us in the league has been TE. The Vikings don't have a running game - Dalvin Cook being one of the most overrated RBs in the league. The defensive is one of the worst, despite Harrison Smith having one of his best seasons - they just don't have anybody on D particulary on the line and linebackers. Cousins had a good season and really a pretty good game except for that last inexplicable pass. I've always rooted for Cousins because the media has hated him since he replaced RGIII but Cousins is pocket passer who needs a better running game and a defensive to win a SB. With no real high draft picks in the future I'd like to see them get Stinson Bennett, a tough yards RB, and anybody on defense. The mobile QB is the most important position along with CMC at RB. We still have a lot to root for in these playoffs with Jones, Allen, Lawerence, and Purdy - all young and mobile. And we still got the goat to watch tomorrow night. That's about all I got to say about that.

El Gringo

Mentor
It was a poor decision for sure. Just stinks that is what will be focused on rather than the Vikings giving up 31 points.
Exactly!!! I have been listening to the games all day on radio and it’s been a very pleasant experience. Kevin Harlin and Mike Mayock are a joy to listen to. Harlins vocabulary and descriptive abilities are out of this world and Mayock is just excited to be there. As soon as that game was over they sent coverage over to the ultimate caste whore Mike Golic who was supposed to be covering the ravens/bengals. He immediately began attacking cousins for that throw.

Kaptain

Master
The big question is what team is dumb enough to give Lamar Jackson the money he is asking for? At least the Ravens seem to realize his clock has struck midnight. Lamar has stunk in the playoffs and peters out at the end of every season. And now he seems to be sitting out while the team will take all the blame for not signing him to a ridiculous contract. I can easily see Lamar going the way of RGIII and being out of football completely in 3 years. He's not getting any faster and his injuries are piling up. Kudos to the Ravens for not buckling under the pressure to sign RGIII part 2.

El Gringo

Mentor
Jones besti
The big question is what team is dumb enough to give Lamar Jackson the money he is asking for? At least the Ravens seem to realize his clock has struck midnight. Lamar has stunk in the playoffs and peters out at the end of every season. And now he seems to be sitting out while the team will take all the blame for not signing him to a ridiculous contract. I can easily see Lamar going the way of RGIII and being out of football completely in 3 years. He's not getting any faster and his injuries are piling up. Kudos to the Ravens for not buckling under the pressure to sign RGIII part 2.

I agree they can’t sign him to a max deal if they have any common sense. Which the ravens do seem to have. Going back to listening to the radio
A Saturday announcer who is from Jacksonville pointed out that no nfl team has won a Super Bowl with a quarterback that earns over 13% of the teams salary cap. Which pretty much eliminates Mahomes, cousins, Prescott etc. can’t remember all of them. He also pointed out Brady’s brilliance in renegotiating his contracts to provide for the team. I wish I could remember that dudes name but he made some great point. Let’s see how it pans out.

Flint

Mentor
Kirk Cousins gets way too much criticism tbh. Statistically he’s doing his part and then some
I agree that Cousins is the reason the Vikings had such a good year. However the mark of a great QB is play in the big games. Especially in the final minutes. He came up short this game, a couple of times.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cousins is now 1-4 in playoff games, 2-10 in Monday night games, 11-18 in primetime games. Maybe he's the Greg Norman of quarterbacks, a talented athlete who isn't as clutch as he could be.

A lot of strange overreactions this weekend in the football world with regards to Herbert and Cousins. Herbert is being called a "social media QB" and "choker" after he lost 1 playoff game. Cousins is now a "choke artist" despite leading his team to a historic 8 4th quarter comebacks this year. It takes a team to lose football games.

Meanwhile Lamar Jackson gets an endless amount of excuses despite being expensive and injury prone with 1 playoff win in 5 years. Recall that he has the benefit of a much more stable organization than Herbert or Cousins too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cousins is now 1-4 in playoff games, 2-10 in Monday night games, 11-18 in primetime games. Maybe he's the Greg Norman of quarterbacks, a talented athlete who isn't as clutch as he could be.
I'm still crushed. I didn't have any bets on it but I've rooted for the Vikings for the last decade. I really felt this was there year to get
over the hump. He made some bad passes but the defense was just horrible. I put a little more blame on the D in this case. However
that doesn't change Cousins Track Record in Big Games. Maybe he is similar to Tony Romo. A good qb who cracks under pressure.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It looked like Logan Wilson was the one who knocked the ball out of Huntley's hands and into Hubbard's hands.

I'm still crushed. I didn't have any bets on it but I've rooted for the Vikings for the last decade. I really felt this was there year to get
over the hump. He made some bad passes but the defense was just horrible. I put a little more blame on the D in this case. However
that doesn't change Cousins Track Record in Big Games. Maybe he is similar to Tony Romo. A good qb who cracks under pressure.
Warren Moon wasn't a choker even though he never got past the divisional round. Donovan McNabb lost a super bowl and four conference championship games. Not a choker. Michael Vick? A 2-3 playoff record but not a choker. Lamar Jackson has a 1-3 playoff record but he's not a choker either. Randall Cunningham has a 3-6 playoff record and you never hear him get called a choker.

El Gringo

Mentor
Warren Moon wasn't a choker even though he never got past the divisional round. Donovan McNabb lost a super bowl and four conference championship games. Not a choker. Michael Vick? A 2-3 playoff record but not a choker. Lamar Jackson has a 1-3 playoff record but he's not a choker either. Randall Cunningham has a 3-6 playoff record and you never hear him get called a choker.

Great points. Kirk isn’t a choker by any way shape or form. His contract may limit the vikes from signing more defensive players.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
"Warren Moon wasn't a choker even though he never got past the divisional round. Donovan McNabb lost a super bowl and four conference championship games. Not a choker. Michael Vick? A 2-3 playoff record but not a choker. Lamar Jackson has a 1-3 playoff record but he's not a choker either. Randall Cunningham has a 3-6 playoff record and you never hear him get called a choker".

The Post of the Day/Night and weekend in my opinion goes to Football Enthusiast! Yes brother preach it. So true every word
you said. The media and fans are always way harder on our guys. It's been that way for too many decades to count. It's not
fair and it's a double standard just like everything else in society. Let's Call It Black Privilege.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Do you guys ever find it a little strange how much the Harbaugh Brothers love to have star magical quarterbacks? Never thought
about it till recently but thought I would mention it.