2022 NFL Week 10

Warhawk_46

Master
A very disappointing game for McCaffrey. Although I could not watch, from the statistics and play-by-play, it seems he just couldn’t get anything tracking.

Here’s hoping his clunker is out of system and it will be solid to great production the rest of the way.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
CMAC might get his touches, but he better somehow get more yards per carry. 14 for 38 yards, while the back up Mitchell had 18 for 89.
It was just so weird as almost every time he got the ball someone missed a block or he was going straight up the middle and no blocking, while Mitchell seemed to have no issues.
While CMAC was the starter, Mitchell was more successful, so I'm not sure how this will play out. Maybe it's just a one game anomaly. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

Kaptain

Master
I'm not optimistic about how cmc was used or not used tonight. Just looking at him on the sidelines during crucial plays like 3rd downs he didn't look too happy. Can't even be an effective decoy holding the clipboard.

McCaffrey may not have had his best game, but it wasn't that bad. 79 all-purpose yards and a touchdown. There were certainly issues with the playcalling - C-Mac is such a versatile, multi-talented back and as such he needs to be doing a variety of different runs. The coaching staff calling the same simple plays for him over and over definitely hampered his effectiveness.

I have confidence in McCaffrey and I believe in his ability. He should have multiple great games going forward with the Niners, and also everyone's going to have an off game now and then. If some DWFs want to engage in racial stereotyping and try to claim that Mitchell is "better" just because of one cherrypicked good game he had today, we should remember that C-Mac is the one with the solid, proven track record and he's the one the 49ers made a large investment in by making the big trade for him.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm not optimistic about how cmc was used or not used tonight. Just looking at him on the sidelines during crucial plays like 3rd downs he didn't look too happy. Can't even be an effective decoy holding the clipboard.
His usage today was baffling he wasn't nursing an injury and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason why Mitchell was used, nor CMAC after they started using Mitchell.

The tandem will move forward but I hope this doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the running attack as it would be more logical for Mitchell to be the Alstott to CMAC's Dunn.

Phall

Master
His usage today was baffling he wasn't nursing an injury and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason why Mitchell was used, nor CMAC after they started using Mitchell.

The tandem will move forward but I hope this doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the running attack as it would be more logical for Mitchell to be the Alstott to CMAC's Dunn.
CMac is most important to white athletic visibility, but Kittle was also numbingly under-used tonight. I didn’t watch much of the game, so maybe he was throwing some really excellent blocks! Kittle is heir-apparent to Kelce as the best TE in the league - I would think that you’d draw something up for him. But I am not a vaunted NFL head coach, and I didn’t even play center in front of Peyton Manning for 13 years.

The weird thing about giving so many touches to Brandon Aiyuk (sp?) is that the number-one complainer will be Deebo Samuel.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
CMac is most important to white athletic visibility, but Kittle was also numbingly under-used tonight. I didn’t watch much of the game, so maybe he was throwing some really excellent blocks! Kittle is heir-apparent to Kelce as the best TE in the league - I would think that you’d draw something up for him. But I am not a vaunted NFL head coach, and I didn’t even play center in front of Peyton Manning for 13 years.

The weird thing about giving so many touches to Brandon Aiyuk (sp?) is that the number-one complainer will be Deebo Samuel.
Kittle's gross underuse was frustrating to see, again. His one catch was typical beast mode Kittle, running over and dragging defenders down the field. He looks primed to go off and dominate, but he can't if he gets few touches.

The Chargers defense did play unexpectedly well however, and Garappolo often had very little time to throw the ball. And then in the second half they went very run heavy, which was effective. So Samuel, Kittle and McCaffrey all underperformed expectations to varying degrees in the game.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Not much in the thread about him but Brady has to be a bright spot to us. He's the GOAT and it's not Iike they can not play him. Considering what is done with Thielen, CMac, Hill and others, Brady is still leading his team like the great one he is.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I know it's unlikely to see but let's go Washington. They have the talent if they cut down on their mistakes to hang with the Eagles. Nothing
against Philly but I want to see them lose. They hype is out of this world. It would be nice to see Washington get back to 500 and for
the Eagles to come down from cloud nine. We can hope right? Haha. Hope it's at least a close game either way.

icsept

Master
Long armed sumo left tackle gets beat and gets Heinecke crushed. No Cole Holcomb on defense tonight. Eagles punch it in easily. This game likely will be over by halftime.

TwentyTwo

Master
Two (of many) of my favorite College Football players last season BOTH made the Eagles as Undrafted Rookie Free Agents.....
WR #18 Britian Covey (Punt Returner) and DB #32 Reed Blankenship (just had penalty roughing the punter penalty lol)

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Both Cole Holcomb and David Mayo inactive with injuries for Washington, but it appears Nate Gerry received a practice squad elevation against his old team.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Washington finishing the half strong enough to lead by six! I don't like either team but dislike Philly more, lol. Hoping Washington keeps it up!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Washington finishing the half strong enough to lead by six! I don't like either team but dislike Philly more, lol. Hoping Washington keeps it up!
Other than Heinicke's interception, he has twice the passing yards so far as Hurts. I hope they can hold on.

TwentyTwo

Master
Casey Toohill scores a TD on Defense on the last play of the game off the WR Lateral. Funny play!

Eagles now 8 - 1. Taylor Heineke has moxie!

Britian Covey was the Punt Retuerner for the Eagles ; Dax Milne was for Washington.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Philly losing at home to a White QB is a wonderful thing. This will hopefully slow down the overhyping of the Eagles. There's such a thing as a paper champion even before they win it. That's how I saw Philly coming into this game. Hopefully this knocked them off their high horse.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great to see the Eagles lose. I wonder if the Eagles will end up like the Cardinals from a few years ago - start off undefeated and sputter down the stretch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Besides the superb play of Jack Sanborn (90% of snaps), a few other LB notes from Week 10. Some of the material is from a fantasy site, some is my own observations:

LB Devin Lloyd played a season-low 60% of defensive snaps for Jacksonville.
Lloyd sat on the bench for a large portion of the Jaguars’ loss to the Chiefs in place of fellow rookie Chad Muma, who played a season-high 40% of defensive snaps. When asked about the choice, head coach Doug Pederson said there was no injury, and they just wanted to get Muma some snaps. Since Week 4, Lloyd has allowed 37 completions on 41 targets for an NFL passer rating of 122, which, fun fact, would be the highest passer rating for any quarterback in the league. While it’s unclear if this usage change will be permanent, managers should have some concerns regarding Lloyd until there is more certainty about the situation.

LB Robert Spillane played 100% of defensive snaps for Pittsburgh in Week 10.
Managers were understandably upset by Myles Jack after he was cleared to play but failed to see a single snap. After the game, coach Mike Tomlin stated that Jack was held out as a precaution. Spillane played every snap for the Steelers as his replacement and recorded seven tackles. While it seems unlikely that Jack misses next week, the notable usage trend here is that Devin Bush saw no significant increase in snap rate. Should Jack miss more time, expect Spillane to continue being the snap leader at the position.

LB Alex Singleton played 53% of defensive snaps for Denver in Week 10.
With the return of Josey Jewell in Week 8, I expected Singleton to be relegated to a special teams-only player once again. That hasn't happened. The Broncos' coaching staff has decided to keep Singleton as a rotational defensive asset, even with Jewell playing 100% of defensive snaps. That has led to Jonas Griffith playing his lowest snap rate of the season. Singleton has defied regression statistics in just about every game he’s played this season, and if he can continue to be an efficient tackler, he may be in starting consideration in moderately deep leagues.

Luke Masterson played 72% of snaps for the Raiders in his first significant usage following the retirement of Blake Martinez.

While Singleton played 53% of snaps, the Broncos still used Jonas Griffith on 21%. Singleton had 8 tackles, 5 of them solo, while Griffith had zero, typical of the production disparity between them that has prevailed all season. The Broncos remain idiots for not playing Singleton next to fellow ultra-productive ILB Josey Jewell on every snap.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been a sad year so far for many of our guys. Kupp hurt and injuries all over the Rams Team. They are like a M.A.S.H. Unit of the
walking wounded. Then Renfrow not playing much and then getting hurt. The jury is still our on Cmac but the less carries will extend
his career at the expense of his stats. It might be hard to get 1000 yards on that team with so many weapons. Time will tell but I'm
still hoping they will adjust and use him better. Seeing TJ Watt out for so long was a buzz kill. The Martinez retiring along with many
others. Of course guys that should have been a sure thing like Max Borghi only add salt to the wounds. Let's hope the 2nd half of the
season is better from our perspective as fans of these trenendous white football players.