2022 College Football Week 9

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Only thing to really pay attention to tonight is to see how Dalton Kincaid will replicate his last masterful performance.

TwentyTwo

Master
Former Walk-on WR Thayer Thomas 35 yard TD catch w back up QB....23 rd career TD ...2nd in NC St history only to Torry Holt.
nice game thru 3 qtrs ...8 - 93 - 1

VaTech QB Grant Wells having a good game.....2 TD's rushing + 237 yards passing late 3rd qtr

UL-Lafayette WR Jacob Bernard had breakout game last week ...nice 22 catch earlier ; but hurt his knee.

Yes indeed Leonardfan ! Looking forward watching Dalton Kincaid on Offense (miss Brandt Kuithe one of my 3 favorite TE's) and Defense #8 DB Cole Bishop & Freshman LB Lander Barton #20

Wazzu has WR's #12 Robert Ferrel & #89 Leyton Smithson

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@TwentyTwo - NC State's season was lost once Leary suffered his season ending injury. Their back up qbs - both quotas. I hope Va Tech is able to hold on and secure a victory.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking ahead to the weekend the biggest is Ohio St at Penn State. This is only Ohio State's second road game of the year. Penn State has been a very odd team under Franklin's tenure. He is never able to win a big game - hopefully this year they can pull off the upset. The Ohio State quota is very overrated - this was confirmed last week as he only padded his stats late in the game once the inept Iowa offense did it's damage.

The other game that has the potential to change this season's landscape is the Kentucky - Tennessee game. Levis is the superior QB but Heupel's system is putting up points and his quota is getting all sorts of hype now. Would be nice for the Wildcats to win and eliminate Tennessee's playoff hopes.

Stanford is at UCLA late. Would like to see an upset here and Filkins get around 25 carries to control the pace of the game a little.

TwentyTwo

Master
@TwentyTwo - NC State's season was lost once Leary suffered his season ending injury. Their back up qbs - both quotas. I hope Va Tech is able to hold on and secure a victory.
Yep N.C State is not the same. Losing QB Devin Leary was a huge blow! Expect him to have a nice career in the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
MACtion starts Tuesday. Hard to believe the season is 75% over after this week.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
NC State wins. A very black team with it three best players being White

Thayer Thomas - 10 rec 118 yds 2 TDs
Drake Thomas - 1 sack/1.5 TFL, 8 total tackles
Payton Wilson - 2 sacks/2.5 TFL, 7 total tackles

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Utah beat Washington State behind sophomore QB Bryson Barnes who played well - 17/27 175 yards 1 TD and 8 rushes for 51 yards.

Dalton Kincaid was 7 rec 56 yards with a TD. Apparently he was injured on the play - let's hope it's not serious.

Rocky B

Master
Samson Evans back in the lineup for EMich.
Foot injury last week.....He ran one in a bit ago.
The game is on ESPN U.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Samson Evans with another TD today. He still has a shot at 1000 yards rushing this year despite missing time with the injury @Rocky B mentioned. His finest moment of the season to date was gashing Arizona State which resulted in Herm Edwards getting fired.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I’ve been attempting to flip back and forth between three games - fsu v Georgia tech, Notre dame v Syracuse, and tcu versus West Virginia. In 20 minutes or so I’ve seen 5 passes hit vibrant wideouts in their hands and be dropped only to hear the quarterback be blamed or to say what a hard catch it was? Seriously aside from all the jock sniffing, the missed tackles and the quality of play have reallly degraded the game. That’s to say nothing of the celebrations after every big 4 yard gain.

Honestly I give you guys credit for trying to find the positive in this. Too many hyphenated last names and unpronounceable first names for my taste!!!!

I’m going to read a book.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I’ve been attempting to flip back and forth between three games - fsu v Georgia tech, Notre dame v Syracuse, and tcu versus West Virginia. In 20 minutes or so I’ve seen 5 passes hit vibrant wideouts in their hands and be dropped only to hear the quarterback be blamed or to say what a hard catch it was? Seriously aside from all the jock sniffing, the missed tackles and the quality of play have reallly degraded the game. That’s to say nothing of the celebrations after every big 4 yard gain.

Honestly I give you guys credit for trying to find the positive in this. Too many hyphenated last names and unpronounceable first names for my taste!!!!

I’m going to read a book.

You can always laugh and make a remark when a magical afflete screws up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Evans now up to three TDs!

Between Samson Evans and his huge game so far and Michael Mayer breaking the All Time Notre Dame T.E. Rec. Yards Records we are off
to a great start. I'm watching a little of the OSU vs Penn St. Penn State down by 2 mid 4th quarter. I really hope they can hand the Buckeyes
a huge loss. Alabama and Ohio St. get so old. Would be nice to see different schools break through.

It's funny in the NFL when the Pats dominated for about 10 years everyone complained. DWF's never complain about Alabama or Ohio St as
they are not too white. That is why they hated the Patriots. It makes you think.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Between Samson Evans and his huge game so far and Michael Mayer breaking the All Time Notre Dame T.E. Rec. Yards Records we are off
to a great start. I'm watching a little of the OSU vs Penn St. Penn State down by 1 mid 4th quarter. I really hope they can hand the Buckeyes
a huge loss. Alabama and Ohio St. get so old. Would be nice to see different schools break through.

It's funny in the NFL when the Pats dominated for about 10 years everyone complained. DWF's never complain about Alabama or Ohio St as
they are not too white. That is why they hated the Patriots. It makes you think.

Ohio State has been spotted 3 TOs and are still only up by 2. Stroud has done nothing in this game to show he is a top QB (throwing to wide open players). PSU continues to disappoint in big games. Ohio State only plays 4 away games this year - no way they should be considered the 2nd best team in the country.

booth

Mentor
Penn State's James Franklin is 1 for 7 against top-rated teams while at Penn State. Time for a massive raise.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Flipping between Oregon vs Cal and UCF vs Cinncinati. UCF is up 10-0 over the 20th ranked Bearcats in the first half. Plumlee
is off to a good start. They need to bounce back after last weekends performance.

Oregon of to a slow start but I have no doubt they will win this game big. The Ducks are just too talented for the Bears to
matchup with. Bo Nix is one of the top qb's in the PAC 12 and I would say a top 10 NCAA QB. They are winning 7 to 3.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just want to point out again how the 7th leading rusher in all of the NCAA doesn't have a picture on espn.com even in his sophmore year?
You really have to wonder why they don't want people to see the Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed Thor, Carson Steele. So racist against whites.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed Leonardfan!
Ladd McHonky in mean McConkey the TD Catch! UGA over the Gators 28 - 3 late 1st half
Brock Bowers 4 - 125 - TD in the 1st Half!
Saw #32 LB Chaz Chambliss playing some ...but still looking for #17 DB Dan Jackson!

Ricky Pearsall only 2 - 19 1st half ...QB Richardson hurting ...cant run as much ...not much as a pocket passer

Kansas State WR Kade Warner nice TD Run after the catch!

Mizzou RB Cody Schrader TD Run!

Rice WR Brad Rozner having a nice game 5 -105 - 2 TD's///// Luke McCaffrey 4 - 58 - TD + 37 yard run ...but they are getting hammered to Charlotte 56 -23 late

How bout U.Conn?? One of the perennial FBS bottom feeders beat Boston College. Joey Rosa was held to 31 yards rushing on 15 carries .

BYU has been a big disappointment ...getting trounced to Liberty last week...losing to East Carolina in Provo last night....WR's Romney & Roberts(did catch a 2 yard TD) can't get healthy....Cosper minimal stats with over rated QB Hall...

WL....
RB Carson Steele is a Soph. ESPN will have to get premission from Disney. Can't have Viking Thor painted on the screen!