2022 College Football Week 8

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
pass breakup by DeJean in the end zone, then a non-existent face mask penalty takes a Stroud interception off the board.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how’d the young safety for Syracuse play? i've liked what i’ve seen of him in the past, albeit in a very small sample size.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 9th Ranked USC Trojans are playing the 10th ranked Oregon Ducks. I'm slightly rooting for Oregon as I do believe Bo
NIx is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in college football in my opinion. At the half Oregon is up by a score of 31-13. :)

Bo Nix has thrown for 17 of 20 passes for 207 yards and 3 touchdowns against a top 10 team all in the first half. He also has
added another 3 runs for 24 yards!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Late 4th quarter and Ball State down by 4 points. Carson Steele has 101 yards rushing and I'm hoping he can get one more
chance to help the Cardinals get another close win.

Phall

Master
UCLA's black quarterback sucks. You'll recall that they have a receiving room full of white players, yet somehow Jake Bobo is the only one with all of four targets today. Oregon was massacred by Georgia back in Week One, so today *should* remove the Pac12 from playoff consideration.

ximasa

Guru
Shipley is another CMC! After two good seasons we can imagine another top 50 pick white RB in the future. Now people believe this kind of RB can gain yards, and fantasy points, that only do good things for their draft stock no matter what race they are.

Dabo again saying DJ is their 1st choice, apparently Cade is not yet their future in coaches' eyes. Cade went on and led Clemson's comeback but there's no particular designs for him, this Clemson O is boring, what they do this season is letting DJ have more carries, it's Carolina Panthers mode when they had Cam/CMC.

When Cade is on, most Clemson players relighting fire with motivations, they knew DJ is pretty bad.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Is anyone here watching the Stanford vs ASU Game? Stanford is up by 1 point mid 4th quarter. I really would like to see the Cardinals
win this game as I can't stand ASU. Casey Filkins has 8 rushes for 48 yards. They need to get him the ball more. He is averaging 6 yards
per rush but just needs more carries. In a close game it could be the difference to get them a much needed win.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Anyone here have a link for the Air Force vs Boise State Game. I never seem to get to see Brad Roberts run the ball. He is the 4th
leading rusher in the country. Someone help a brother out please? Thanks in advance guys.

TwentyTwo

Master
Air Force vs Boise State should be on CBS Sports Network??

Rice WR Luke McCaffrey 10 receptions 171 yards & 2 TD's! + 3 carries 31 yards and a TD!

Missouri RB Cody Shrader 14 carries 84 yards rushing

Shipley finished 27 carries 172 yards & 2 TD's ...Syracuse DB Justin Barron played solid but couldn't get the angle on the 50 yard TD run

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Rice WR Luke McCaffrey 10 receptions 171 yards & 2 TD's! + 3 carries 31 yards and a TD!

Shipley finished 27 carries 172 yards & 2 TD's ...Syracuse DB Justin Barron played solid but couldn't get the angle on the 50 yard TD run
Thanks for update TwentyTwo. I found the A.F. Game finally but it looks like it might be a long day for the Fighting Falcons. Boise St.
is rolling all over them early 2nd quarter. Not good for Brad Roberts as he might not get many carries in a blow out. This sucks. Will
keep watching for a while but I might switch to watch Plumlee and UCF is are also in the first half.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
looks like Luke McCaffrey exploded today! where has he been? that Rice team has a couple of explosive White athletes with Rozner on the outside and now McCaffrey getting touches.

Cody Schrader was the game’s leading rusher. every time i see him run, he looks more shifty, sudden, and balanced than the time before. he needs a LOT more touches for that Missouri team. they don’t have anyone else to compare, including that hype job Luther Burden the Turd.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a name i was unfamiliar with, Jacob Bernard, had a big game for Louisiana today. the sophomore wideout had a game-high 97 yards on 5 catches, including a 45-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown. his performance today surpassed his season totals entering the contest.

perhaps he is a youngster to keep an eye on in future ...

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Charlie “Sizzle” Jones had 10 catches for 105 yards, and tight end Payne Durham had another 6 catches for 66 yards and a touchdown. no other Purdue receiver had more than 3 catches or 36 yards.

in the same game, Wisconsin safety John Torchio had 2 interceptions, including returning one for a touchdown.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Glad Ohio is doing well. Good mobile QB, a running back or two and WR Sam Wiglusz who’s a stud. Hope they win the MAC.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Air Force lost today. They got down big early to Boise State and it was an uphill battle the rest of the game.

Brad Roberts had an average game running 25 times for 90 yards and 1 touchdown. He may drop a little in the top
10 but glad that even in a lopsided loss he still almost hit the century mark!

UCF and John Rhys Plumless also had an off day losing only their 2nd game of the season. Plumlee had 3 interceptions which
allowed Eastern Carolina to jump on them early and never look back. Despite an off game Plumlee still threw for 297 yards and
had another 38 yards rushing.

Rocky B

Master
Anyone here have a link for the Air Force vs Boise State Game. I never seem to get to see Brad Roberts run the ball. He is the 4th
leading rusher in the country. Someone help a brother out please? Thanks in advance guys.

WL, they’re on almost every weekend on CBS sports channel....I have direct tv and pay $15 more per month for their sports package.... Roberts had a weird game last night. I watched most of it. He didn’t play a lot early, which never happens. Didn’t quite make 100 yards, as you noted, tough game.

Rocky B

Master

A day late and a dollar short on my comments, but yes 22, Air Force is almost always on the CBS sports channel....I was hoping to see Carson Steele yesterday but I can’t get many MAC games. (Samson Evans must’ve been hurt-no carries) Steele vs Evans would’ve been nice. MAC mid week games are coming up gang.... I watched a bunch yesterday. As mentioned Iowa’s O is horrendous, Shipley looked established and it was good to see Klubnick enter the game and spark the team.....He didn’t over play his hand...No picks, fumbles or terribly thrown balls.....Starter moving forward? Dabo said all of the right things after the game about DJU (the ugly lady nickname was funny, by the way). Filkins hardly carried WTF..

On another side note, Riley Moss looks really good at corner. I’m happy Dejean has emerged as he looks superb. Moss was right on Harrison’s tail for that TD yesterday. The qb made a good pass, but it was good coverage...I’ve looked at two different draft sites and one had Moss mid-late rounds the other had him 7th or undrafted......Horsesh!t.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah Jimmy C. It was good to see Jacob Bernard's Stat -line flash-up in the Box Score 5-97-1 ! He had a 42 yard catch last year's New Orleans Bowl. He played RB in HS about 60 miles from the house. Hopefully he & the new QB keep clicking. What been disapointing so far the new QB/OC not getting WR speedster Peter LeBlanc more involved; he's over due for a break out game!

Check out Kade Warner's sick NFL-like catch yesterday vs highly touted CB for TCU

Quick WEEK *8* Re-Cap
RB's
Will Shipley (Clemson) 27 carries 172 yards! & 2 TD's + 3 rec 17 yards (7th leading rusher Week#8)
Carson Steele (Ball St) 24 carries 101 yards + 4 rec 57 yards & TD
Tucker Gregg (GaSt) 11 carries 93 yards
Brad Roberts (Air Force) 25 carries 90 yards & TD
Cody Shrader (Mizzou) 14 carries 84 yards
Anderson Castle (App St) 7 carries 50 yards TD
Casey Filkins (Stanford) 8 carries 48 yards + 1 rec 2 yds
Tyler Lavine (SMU) 7 carries 31 yards TD //// TJ McDaniel 6 carries 15 yards TD
Nolan McCormick (Ohio) 14 carries 30 yards
Charlie Offerdahl (Colorado) 8 carries 29 yards
Lincoln Pare (Texas St) 8 carries 3 yards + 3 rec minus 3 yds = Rough Day vs Southern Miss

WR's
Luke McCaffrey (Rice) 10 receptions 171 yards & 2 TD's + 3 carries 31 yards & TD (3rd Best! for WEEK #8)
Charlie Jones (Purdue) 10 rec 105 yards
Jake Bobo (UCLA) 8 rec 101 yards TD
Jacob Bernard (UL-Lafayette) 5 rec 97 yards & TD
Wyatt Wieland (Wyoming) 6 rec 94 yards
John Humphreys (Stanford) 8 rec - 90 yards
Hassan Beydoun (E Michigan) 10 - 85
Sam Wiglusz (Ohio) 6 - 69 - 2 TD's
John Paul Richardson (Oklahoma St) 7 - 63
Taylor Morin (WF) 4 - 48 - 2 TD's
Walker Merrill (Tennessee) 2 - 41
Kade Warner (K St) 2 - 40 & TD + 2 carries 19 yards
Chase Cota (Oregon) 4 - 34
TE's
Michael Mayer (Notre Dame) 6 Receptions 115 yards & TD! Way to celebrate National Tight End Weekend!
Ben Yurosek (Stanford) 10 rec 78 yards
Sam LaPorta (Iowa) 6- 55
QB's
Hayden Wolff (ODU) 328 Yards TD
Behren Morton (TxTech) 325 yards 3 TD's
Austin Aune (No Texas) 325 yards 3 TD's
Aidan O'Connel (Purdue) 320 yards TD + Rushing TD
Tanner McKee (Stanford) 320 yards
Quinn Ewers (Texas) 319 yards 2 TD's
Ben Wooldridge (UL-Lafayette) 316 yards & 5 TD's!
Sam Hartman (WF) 315 Yards & 5 TD's! + Rushing TD
Sean Clifford (Penn St) 295 yards 4 TD's
Bo Nix (Oregon) 283 yards 5 TD's! + 51 yards rushing
Clayton Tune (Houston) 261 yards 5 TD's + 43 yards rushing

FCS
QB Tommy Mellott (Montana St) 32 carries 273 YARDS RUSHING & 3 TD's!!! + 140 yards passing & TD

RB's
Braedon Wissler (So.Utah) 14 carries 155 yards RUSHING + 3 rec 19 yds
Dylan Laube (New Hampshire) 22 carries 147 yards & TD + 3 rec 10 yds
Cameron Skattebo (Sacramento St) just 13 carries 111 yards + 3 rec 38 yards on ESPN2 vs #7 Montana Grizzlies
""Dude looks like the real deal! He's just wired differently)

Travis Theis (So.Dakota) 21 carries 108 yards & TD + 2 rec 9 yds
Jake Chisholm (Dayton) 26 carries 96 yards
Joey Suchy (Butler) 16 - 84 2 TD's + 2 - 20 - TD
Bronson Yoder (W&M) 11 carries 81 yards
Nick Ostmo (Montana) 20- 72 & TD + 1 rec 11 yds
WR's
Cody Chrest (Sam Houston St) 10 receptions 154 yards!
Taylor Grimes (UIW) 4 - 133 - TD
Beau Kelly (Portland St) 6 - 119 TD
Logan Wolf (No.Iowa) 6 - 112
Peyton Rose (Lindenwood) 3 - 111 - TD
Jakob Herres (Richmond) 7 - 109 -TD
Chandler Smith (Samford) 11 - 97
Jadon Janke (So Dakota St) 5 - 86 + 16 yard pass completion
Bo Belquist (NoDakota) 6 - 82 - TD
Ryan Miller (Furman) 5 - 71 - TD
Ty McPherson (Weber St) 5 - 69 TD
TE
Matt Robbert (Cornell) 3 - 89 - 2 TD's
QB's
Michael Hiers (Samford) 442 Yards PASSING & 4 TD's 50 yards rushing & TD
Reece Poffenberger (Albany U.) 370 Yards 3 TDs + 44 yards rushing TD
Parker McKinney (E Kentucky) 310 yards 5 TD's + 65 yards rushing & TD
Dresser Winn (UT-Martin) 301 Yards 2 TD's

Feel Free to ADD to this List ...Sure i missed a few...need Shadowlight for IVY League

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks as always @TwentyTwo !

A lot of our QBs played well yesterday. Hartman should be rising up draft boards. I watched some of the TCU - Kansas State game and Max Duggan played well. TCU is undefeated and he is a big reason why.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A few short quick stats from college football after this weekends games:

John Torchio of Wisconsin is tied for 1st in the nation with 5 interceptions!

Charlie "Sizzle" Jones is up to 2nd place in the nation in receiving yards!

Sophmore Dylan McCaffrey is up to 555 yards on the year and averaging almost 14 yards per catch. Expect
this young stallion to only get better going forward and to join his brother Cmac in the NFL in a couple of years.

Brad Roberts stays at 5th in the nation in rushing yards and Carson "Superman" Steel is in 8th place!

We have 5 pale faces leading the NCAA in total tackles. Whites on snow patrol.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Torchio "The Jewelry Thief" is living up to his nickname! Camp Randall went wild during his pick 6.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Torchio "The Jewelry Thief" is living up to his nickname! Camp Randall went wild during his pick 6.
Didn't realize he is tied for the lead with 5 INTs! Several other players also have five.