2020 NFL Week 5

The Jaguars have the most white-friendly defense in the NFL this year with 4 players on the field for essentially half or more of defensive snaps (stats from Football Outsiders):

Joe Schobert 99.6%
Andrew Wingard 66.9%
Taven Bryan 64.3%
Adam Gotsis 48.2%

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Troy Aikman states David Montgomery has had a tough night...no Troy he has had a tough season.

DWF Upside

Mentor
Funny observations about this game.

When Brady is on the bench he's instructed by qb failure Byron Leftwich, it reminds me of Einstein getting help solving a theorem by my 6th grade math teacher... Jimmy Graham looks like various Jews I went to high school with on PED's who hung out in the hood.....

You went to high school with PED jews that hung out in the hood? What the hell is going on around here?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He’s had a tough career....
Nall was in the backfield alone.....
Penalty, Nall back to the sidelines

Yep, Montgomery was a huge disappointment as a rookie last year, not that it helped Nall get on the field. Nall's penalty may mercifully end his Bears career.

TwentyTwo

Master
The Jaguars have the most white-friendly defense in the NFL this year with 4 players on the field for essentially half or more of defensive snaps (stats from Football Outsiders):

Joe Schobert 99.6%
Andrew Wingard 66.9%
Taven Bryan 64.3%
Adam Gotsis 48.2%
Yeah noticed that a few Thursday's ago...wondered if they were the only NFL Team currently starting 4 white players on Defense.

He’s had a tough career....
Nall was in the backfield alone.....
Penalty, Nall back to the sidelines
Yep...#35 False Start on Nall....now 3rd & 29...back to the bench. Frustrating! Would like to see him get into a rhythm with consecutive carries..maybe a wheel route etc!

DWF Upside

Mentor
That might be the end of Nall, but at least they made it. So not totally memorable. Before that happened I thought he might get a pass or a delayed handoff.

But before that the Rodent single handily put the breaks on BDN’s hurry up offense. Just a completely terrible coach, who has zero sense of rhythm or momentum.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That might be the end of Nall, but at least they made it. So not totally memorable. Before that happened I thought he might get a pass or a delayed handoff.

But before that the Rodent single handily put the breaks on BDN’s hurry up offense. Just a completely terrible coach, who has zero sense of rhythm or momentum.

Or developing quarterbacks

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Urban with the nice play behind the LOS. Tribute to EVH I assume with his celebration :b1:

Tough situation. I want Foles to play well but if he does, the Rodent will exploit it for job security. The Rodent has weaseled himself into a good position for someone of his bitter, negative mentality - "if I go down, I'll have taken both Trubisky and Foles down with me."

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tough situation. I want Foles to play well but if he does, the Rodent will exploit it for job security. The Rodent has weaseled himself into a good position for someone of his bitter, negative mentality - "if I go down, I'll have taken both Trubisky and Foles down with me."

I like Foles - he won a super bowl, had a season for the books in 2013 but was never able to cement himself as a top tier long term starting QB at any of his stops. With that said I'd rather see the wheels fall off for the Rodent.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bad mental lapse by Brady there. Rodent Nagys win unfortunately. At least Miller will get time to heal up before their next game - has had had a nagging injury.

DWF Upside

Mentor
If there was ever a case to fire a 4-1 coach its right here. They won despite the Rodent doing everything possible to lose.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I like Foles - he won a super bowl, had a season for the books in 2013 but was never able to cement himself as a top tier long term starting QB at any of his stops. With that said I'd rather see the wheels fall off for the Rodent.

Foles is a very good backup to have on a team but not a long-term starter. He reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick, and before him Gus Frerotte. Guys who could string some good games together when called upon to start, but sooner or later mediocrity begins to set in.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Foles is a very good backup to have on a team but not a long-term starter. He reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick, and before him Gus Frerotte. Guys who could string some good games together when called upon to start, but sooner or later mediocrity begins to set in.

Yea a quintessential journeyman. He very much deserves to be in the league and has had a good career as a middling starter with moments of brilliance before coming back down to earth. I do wonder what would of happened if somehow Chip Kelly kept the Eagles job with him as the QB rather than trading him for Bradford.

northwinds

Mentor
Scotty Miller was not only not targeted tonight.........Brady literally never looked in his direction........unreal and makes no sense

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Miller was banged up and I don't think he saw a lot of snaps. He was the Bucs' leading receiver in yardage coming into the game so I wouldn't read too much into it. He gets 10 days now to heal up before their next game.

Speaking of a massive amount of white defensive players on a team as 4, I didn't like these guys when they were playing, but through the years I've liked them more and more. A marvel to watch on Youtube. Today I feel totally alienated watching what passes for football, when I ever do.4ba3d9e7fc0be7984be449f4d53226ec.jpg

wile

Master
Sounds like another turd of a game on Thursday night. My little contribution was on twitter the NFL comes up on my promoted posts thing and I asked a question why Nall might not be getting any carries.