2018 NFL Week 8

wile

Master
Olesen td. Question, is he one of the best or the best receiving TEs of all time?

wile

Master
I get it now, the commercials for the NFL broadcasts are somehow way worse than college ball Saturdays

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bears - Jets game is being played in winds from 20 - 30 mph. One of the questions about Darnold was did he have the arm strength to play in inclement weather, including windy conditions? So today would be something of a test for him.

Jewell is taking most of the snaps at MLB now for Denver. Fast start for a rookie. No way he should have fallen to the 4th round.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jewell is taking most of the snaps at MLB now for Denver. Fast start for a rookie. No way he should have fallen to the 4th round.

Brandon Marshall's playing but injured so Jewell is taking some of his snaps. Jewell will start sooner or later and hopefully at some point this season but as of now he's still a backup who sees the field a fair amount.

Some really good defensive games so far for our D-line guys in Matt Ioannidis with 4 tckls and 2 sacks, Chris Long 2 sacks and a tfl, Sam Hubbard 3 tckls a 1 pd and 1 sack, and also TJ Watt is in the making of another huge game with 3 tckls and 1 sack at halftime!!!

Surprised to see Riley Bullough on the field for the Bucs, I wasn't aware he was on their active roster. Good to see as I thought he'd never actually be given a chance.

Also like last week with Brandon Zylstra another promising young white WR caught their first career reception in Justin Watson who caught a short 5 yard pass, hopefully this is just the beginning for both these guys!

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great catch and then effort to score by Adam Humphries but he was just short of the endzone. Earlier in the same drive he stretched out and made a really nice catch on a tipped pass.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Winston with 3 interceptions. Is he really better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Note the difference between how the media treats Winston and a player like Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is clearly a better player but he gets mostly negative publicity while Winston is treated as if he's an elite franchise quarterback, which he's not.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Winston benched after his fourth pick, which was taken for a score. Fitzmagic in.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jordan Howard just had his first run for 10+ yards in his last 167 attempts. He's on the team that cut Ryan Nall and then put him on their practice squad, where he languishes with not a single team in the league interested in him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Winston with 3 interceptions. Is he really better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Note the difference between how the media treats Winston and a player like Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is clearly a better player but he gets mostly negative publicity while Winston is treated as if he's an elite franchise quarterback, which he's not.

I have seen some criticism come out recently regarding Winston. Its obviously a much slower process with him being a black quarterback but the fan base and organization seem more and more open to move on from Jameez. That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see him get signed to some huge free agent deal. It would be much better to see him go the way of Josh Freeman!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Mitch Trubisky with another good game with a rating of over 100 and a win.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a comeback engineered by Fitzpatrick!

Question: Are any of the 25 or 30 members currently here watching any of the games, or have all but a few of you taken a vow not to post? I don't know how much longer CF is going to last as a near dead zone.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The Majik is real! Jameez will get re acquainted with the pine.

Riggins44

Master
What a comeback engineered by Fitzpatrick!

Question: Are any of the 25 or 30 members currently here watching any of the games, or have all but a few of you taken a vow not to post? I don't know how much longer CF is going to last as a near dead zone.

Don I have not been watching the games for the last few hours. If I was watching, I would be posting.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bengals look to pull out the victory. Dalton made some great throws to get them into FG range. Hopefully Fitzpatrick gets the starting job back now.