2017 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow helluva athlete Kittle is! Had him pegged as mid 4.7 guy instead he had a performance for the ages. Needed that in a dark TE class.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow helluva athlete Kittle is! Had him pegged as mid 4.7 guy instead he had a performance for the ages. Needed that in a dark TE class.

Yea I think Butt, Kittle, Shaheen and Saubert are the only sure white TEs to get drafted this year. The NFL seems to love the affleticism of undersized black TEs ( many of the black TEs were 6-3 or shorter which is more of an H-Back height) that can't block.

I also have yet to hear any hype about Kittle even though he had one of the better TE workouts and in a class supposedly stocked with "athletes" at the position he could be the perfect example...oh wait he lack dat melanin.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yea I think Butt, Kittle, Shaheen and Saubert are the only sure white TEs to get drafted this year. The NFL seems to love the affleticism of undersized black TEs ( many of the black TEs were 6-3 or shorter which is more of an H-Back height) that can't block.

I also have yet to hear any hype about Kittle even though he had one of the better TE workouts and in a class supposedly stocked with "athletes" at the position he could be the perfect example...oh wait he lack dat melanin.

Another solid post per usual for you. Agree with everything you stated especially the part about NFL wanting glorified big WRs playing H-Back but can't block a lick.. Pathetic stuff. Pretty sad we might only have 2 white TEs drafted in all of D1 as Shaheen and Saubert are small schoolers..

I might be digging here but the only positive I can see perhaps as a result of dark TE class we have 5 white WRs at the combine.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another solid post per usual for you. Agree with everything you stated especially the part about NFL wanting glorified big WRs playing H-Back but can't block a lick.. Pathetic stuff. Pretty sad we might only have 2 white TEs drafted in all of D1 as Shaheen and Saubert are small schoolers..

I might be digging here but the only positive I can see perhaps as a result of dark TE class we have 5 white WRs at the combine.

Yea it really is amazing how the NFL has engineered the coal fest at the TE spot. Hopefully it's just a small bump in the road. We may see some of the non-combine guys get drafted - the list I wrote up awhile back had a decent number of white TEs that should get a look. Truth be told I am looking towards the 2018 draft with more enthusiasm than 2017 already.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yea it really is amazing how the NFL has engineered the coal fest at the TE spot. Hopefully it's just a small bump in the road. We may see some of the non-combine guys get drafted - the list I wrote up awhile back had a decent number of white TEs that should get a look. Truth be told I am looking towards the 2018 draft with more enthusiasm than 2017 already.

Ya it's amazing to me the brashness the elites have when engineering everything in our society to be less white. Next year should be a LOT better for us at QB and TE. 2016 spoiled us a bit as we expected things would get better, instead they're ramping up their efforts to 90s level caste system where there was nary a pale face in the league!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Had to go war with Michigan DWFs yesterday on Twitter because I insulted their sad excuse of a Heisman finalist! Simply called Peppers most overrated player in draft and the hate tweets started rolling in,LOL. I got the last laugh as 60other people agreed with my comment compared to 10or so bad UM trolls. People actually think he can play LB in the league at 5'10 213 !! HA! Hope he runs in 4.6 range, his 1 career int has future BUST written all over him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Had to go war with Michigan DWFs yesterday on Twitter because I insulted their sad excuse of a Heisman finalist! Simply called Peppers most overrated player in draft and the hate tweets started rolling in,LOL. I got the last laugh as 60other people agreed with my comment compared to 10or so bad UM trolls. People actually think he can play LB in the league at 5'10 213 !! HA! Hope he runs in 4.6 range, his 1 career int has future BUST written all over him.

Yea he does not have a position. To small for LB, not an elite coverage player either. I am actually interested to see how Matt Milano runs tomorrow. I think a 4.5 would be great and I also think he would be a candidate to transition to safety.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yea he does not have a position. To small for LB, not an elite coverage player either. I am actually interested to see how Matt Milano runs tomorrow. I think a 4.5 would be great and I also think he would be a candidate to transition to safety.

Milano is so good! Yet most draft gurus have no idea who he is. He's 6ft 220 right? I remember reading an article regarding him several years ago and BC coaches were heralding his noticeable athleticism. 4.5 isn't out of the picture and neither is him transitioning to SS/LB role! Between him and Knight we potentially have 2 more DB prospects.

dolphins15

Guru

Listening to Mayock say he just asks when watching film are they willing or not willing to block. That's beyond stupid to me. I hate to tell Mayock the Ole Miss guy they were hyping up. Doesn't matter if he's willing he's 230, he's not blocking a 290 Watt.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Was just about to post about Kittle. All of the "experts" were hyping up the Miami TE as some sort of freak athlete but Kittle was faster and right with him in every other drill. They must be confused that a Midwestern White kid can be more athletic than one of dem blacks wit dat Florida speed. Hopefully it helps Kittle's draft stock.

In cases such as this they always say that whites don't play up to their numbers. Like clockwork they say it every year.

Whites, and only whites, never seem to play up to their 40 times, according to the mainstream sports media.

Ambrose

Master
The draft and combine are mostly just an off season shows to boost television viewing outside of the playing season. Asking correct questions produces correct answers.

Of what benefit is it to know that offensive lineman A bench presses X more reps than offensive lineman B when B's on-field performances in college were better in almost every way during games?

Of what benefit is it to know that receiver A runs the 40 yard 0.15 faster than receiver B when B's on-field performances in college were in almost every way better during games?

The best amateurs make the best pros. This is true in every sport. Evaluations are done based on past performances. Who cares if one player is slightly faster than another if he can't catch a ball and produce yards and touchdowns? Who cares how fast a defensive lineman runs a 40 when he'll never run a straight line 40 in a game? The combine is really a contest of many different events, like events at a carnival fair, and none of these events are played in a football game. Tom Brady is the best known example of this, he was poor at most of the combine events, but he plays his football position better than anyone has ever played it. Tom Brady was also an excellent amateur player. What else do you need to know?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
just saw Morgan ran a really disappointing 40... 4.74, damnit! Still has success against affletic SEC DBs though! He's going to be a longshot Now but still has a shot as he's destined for the slot.

Last edited:

ximasa

Guru

We'll have Troy Fumagalli & Mike Gesicki in NFL DRAFT 18 don't worry.
Ask Matt Ryan if TE/RB need some sense of blocking (rebirth of PATs thanks to Freeman's sleep) , you will know Engram/Njoku are just "average athletes" in the league, ask Chad Kelly's knee or Kaaya's tooth lol

RTTAS

Guru
The whole 40-yard dash gimmick is just another way for the media to overhype "fast" black potential-draftees. it's really quite sad. Whoever can run in a straight line over 40 yards means little to nothing in real games of football, aside from on special teams (kick+punt returners and coverage players). It doesn't matter if a LB/DB is 0.2 seconds faster to the player/ball if they take 0.3 seconds longer than their counterparts to diagnose what is happening and have a 20% higher chance to miss the tackle, or if a receiver is 0.2 seconds faster running their route if their route running takes them 0.3 seconds behind where they should be and are a 20% higher chance of dropping it compared to other players. And when do players, special teams and on very deep routes aside, actually get to run 40 yards in a straight line - so many other factors come into it. Thirdly, you have to factor in that players in games have to wear shoulder pads, leg pads, and a helmet, and during games stamina and getting hit will take their toll, and some players handle that far differently than others. That certainly can have a large affect on how players run - many players find it far more difficult than running normally.

Nothing should ever go past good old COLLEGE PRODUCTION when it comes to evaluating NFL prospects - as Ambrose says, the best amateur players usually become the best professional players.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great last few posts guys. Thanks for restoring my sanity with the rational truth.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The whole 40-yard dash gimmick is just another way for the media to overhype "fast" black potential-draftees. it's really quite sad. Whoever can run in a straight line over 40 yards means little to nothing in real games of football, aside from on special teams (kick+punt returners and coverage players). It doesn't matter if a LB/DB is 0.2 seconds faster to the player/ball if they take 0.3 seconds longer than their counterparts to diagnose what is happening and have a 20% higher chance to miss the tackle, or if a receiver is 0.2 seconds faster running their route if their route running takes them 0.3 seconds behind where they should be and are a 20% higher chance of dropping it compared to other players. And when do players, special teams and on very deep routes aside, actually get to run 40 yards in a straight line - so many other factors come into it. Thirdly, you have to factor in that players in games have to wear shoulder pads, leg pads, and a helmet, and during games stamina and getting hit will take their toll, and some players handle that far differently than others. That certainly can have a large affect on how players run - many players find it far more difficult than running normally.

Nothing should ever go past good old COLLEGE PRODUCTION when it comes to evaluating NFL prospects - as Ambrose says, the best amateur players usually become the best professional players.

Right RTTAS. Look no further than what happened in the Super Bowl!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hendrickson's 10 yard split was a ridiculous 1.59 - better than the supposed best player in the draft - Garrett and they both ran the same 40 time. Hendrickson was one of the most productive DEs in college also showing the ability to block kicks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Switzer, Hansen, Taylor and Kupp all in the top 10 for the three cone. The drill that is worth much more than the 40 as it displays quickness/change of direction and whites always excel it which is why it is minimized.

woody39

Mentor
Switzer, Hansen, Taylor and Kupp all in the top 10 for the three cone. The drill that is worth much more than the 40 as it displays quickness/change of direction and whites always excel it which is why it is minimized.

Great post Leonardfan as always! Best coach in the league Bellichick loves the three cone. It is a much more realistic indicator of ability than the ridiculous 40 yard dash when do you never have to cut or change direction mid route???

So I guess the broken 40-yard dash record is a "dropped the mic" moment. and the affelet Ross can pack up without doing the other drills and leave the combine with a guaranteed first round spot. Black privilege. It must be nice.
I see Ross failing miserably just like Heyward-Bay did like 5 years ago with Oakland. Dude was drafted in the first or second round just because he ran a 4.30, despite having terrible college numbers. #Black Privilege

Decent times, about what I expected! Both have the film and production to be drafted no later than 3rd rd! Trevor Knight also ran a 4.54 as a QB!!
I honestly didn't know Knight was that fast Hell Yeah! I was really hoping Kupp would ran in the 4.5 range, but I don't see his 40 hurting him at all because he's been having everybody talking DWF's, and blacks all praising him.