2. Broad Jump: 10-0 (PR)
  3. I Test: 4.48
  4. 60-Yard Shuttle: 12.02
  5. 10-yard dash: 1.60
  6. 20-yard dash: 2.73
  7. 40-yard dash: 4.57

L

Lew

Smart move by Manziel. Sometimes you have to deal with people that can get you back in the circle of trust. Rosenhaus can wheel and deal with the best of them. Hope someone takes a chance on Johnny Football and gives him a chance eventually to be a starting qb somewhere in the future. If not it is one of the biggest wastes of talent. Gonna try to think positive.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't even think Manziel will be in the league next season. If he's lucky he'll be able to sign somewhere as a third sting qb

Shadowlight

Master

Two more guys to root for. McCaffrey's speed surprised even me--didn't stand out in games I saw. Anthrop was a noted speedster coming out of high school and a home run hitter in college before he tore his acl--I think he is finally getting back to normal.
I still think the extermination plan is under way where white wr's will be shunned by the NFL even though several quality candidates have emerged. And like Don mentioned, fast QB's like Driskell will be relegated to the bench instead of developed like mobile black QB's.
The main idea is to erase any notion of white speed in the NFL and it makes me sick every day.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
So many stellar pro day performances especially from our guys at WR! Speed kills so they say.

This draft will be a success based off the fact I've seen multiple mock drafts projecting 8-10 white guys in 1st rd. Last year was a big fat 0. I have a feeling this will be a slightly better draft than normal but that's still not saying too much. I've noticed a lot more white defensive prospects than in years past especially in the front 7. Sadly this might be 2nd year in a row there is no white DB selected.. Something to keep an eye on.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Southern Mississippi WR Casey Martin another unsung hero at CF. His pro day:
5'10 180
4.5 40
23 reps! *Strongest bench in this WR class?! Little guy is strong.

RTTAS

Guru
So many stellar pro day performances especially from our guys at WR! Speed kills so they say.

This draft will be a success based off the fact I've seen multiple mock drafts projecting 8-10 white guys in 1st rd. Last year was a big fat 0. I have a feeling this will be a slightly better draft than normal but that's still not saying too much. I've noticed a lot more white defensive prospects than in years past especially in the front 7. Sadly this might be 2nd year in a row there is no white DB selected.. Something to keep an eye on.

I'd think there's a fairly good chance that one of Caputo and Fejedelem gets drafted

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'd think there's a fairly good chance that one of Caputo and Fejedelem gets drafted

Agreed. Caputo has adequate size, athleticism, leadership, and production. He's probably 5-7th rd.

Fej is a beast since entering NCAA. Crazy production in his 2 years as a starter and he had a killer pro day showing he's an elite athlete. For some reason scouts thought he was slow. I'd say 3-5th rd for him.

*NDSU DB Christian Dudzik ran 4.45 at their pro day today. Small school stud. Think he's played CB as well.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/3/...-as-10-bison-participate-in-ndsu-pro-day.aspx

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
There's always too much focus on the top rated guys in draft process. Beauty of draft is the depth of quality players you can get in the latter rounds, rather than a homerun approach.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
5'10 180
4.5 40

Martin was one of my fav WRs from last year - he got zero recognition during the season and has had no respect at all thrown his way during the draft process. I would love for him to get drafted. Those are some really great numbers and his strength is pretty eye opening for a 180lb guy.

I have to say that it seems there are alot of our guys just displaying their talents really well at their pro days after being snubbed at the various all star games and combine. It seems more than usual - especially at the WR position this year. Not that it is really a consolation but I think we will see a decent number more pale face WRs getting UDFA contracts and performing well preseason. Honestly that is how many of our guys make it in the league - as afterthoughts who have to scrape and fight their way. This seems like a pretty deep class of WRs for us especially when compared to the past few seasons. These pesky white guys just keep showing up at their pro days and performing better than their black counterparts and disproving the caste system every day it seems.

There are alot of QBs, LBs and Olinemen for us this year as well. I feel a little more optimistic for this draft as opposed to last year's absolute NFL sanctioned coal fest.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ran 4.8 at his pro day weighed in at 237 and said he felt good. Found it interesting he lost 25lbs while injured and wasn't on a lifting regimen. Only weighed 234 at combine prior to guzzling water at weigh in to get to 239 lol.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/footba...ro-day-than-combine-arizona-wildcats-football

Really excited to see where Scooby ends up. I hope once he gets into the league he gets his weight up and just becomes a wrecking ball - he would thrive as a 3-4 ILB just attacking the line of scrimmage.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
5'10 180
4.5 40

I'll be keeping an eye on Casey.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
BYU WR Mitch Mathews had a huge pro day after being yet another overlooked WR not invited to the combine or bowl games:

Receiver Mitch Mathews turned heads with a tremendous workout.

He measured 6054, 222 pounds, had an arm length of 32 7/8 inches and a hand which measured 10.5 inches. Mitchell completed 12 reps on the bench, touched 38 inches in the vertical jump and 10-9 in the broad. Considered a 4.6 40 guy, Mitchell shocked scouts by running times in the low (4.41) to mid (4.45). His 3-cone time was 6.96 and short shuttle timed 4.21. He caught the ball well and ran good routes, the latter which had been a game-day issue.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#XSwWytBmjqzJXklm.99

His size/speed ratio is pretty rare. I hope this gets him drafted.

Shadowlight

Master
Martin was one of my fav WRs from last year - he got zero recognition during the season and has had no respect at all thrown his way during the draft process. I would love for him to get drafted. Those are some really great numbers and his strength is pretty eye opening for a 180lb guy.

I have to say that it seems there are a lot of our guys just displaying their talents really well at their pro days after being snubbed at the various all star games and combine. It seems more than usual - especially at the WR position this year. Not that it is really a consolation but I think we will see a decent number more pale face WRs getting UDFA contracts and performing well preseason. Honestly that is how many of our guys make it in the league - as afterthoughts who have to scrape and fight their way. This seems like a pretty deep class of WRs for us especially when compared to the past few seasons. These pesky white guys just keep showing up at their pro days and performing better than their black counterparts and disproving the caste system every day it seems.

There are alot of QBs, LBs and Olinemen for us this year as well. I feel a little more optimistic for this draft as opposed to last year's absolute NFL sanctioned coal fest.

Yes going into the season a lot of these guys looked like NFL prospects that is until the draft gurus and assorted Merchants Of Death just plain ignored the white wr's as draft talk heated up.
BYU's Mitch Mathews put on an amazing display of athletic talent and speed and when you consider his size doesn't he fit the first round profile? Not in the real world I guess but damn the white guys are putting up numbers in the 40. Slot speedsters Eagan, Anthrop and Erickson burned rubber and can really play so they SHOULD GET DRAFTED in a fair world.
Obviously other should be sure shots are Mathews and McCaffery with their size/ speed and productivity. Hell speed is in the genes of the McCaffery's for crying out loud. And Richard Mullaney is another guy that fits that mold. Cajuste has similar size but less speed than these three guys and all agree Cajuste should get drafted so what gives on these other three stellar guys? Casey Martin, Braverman and Glidden are three other slots that deserve a late round pick. Only Nelson Spruce one of the few white wideouts who did not run very well---- who knows what his status will be come draft day. The point is we could all be puking come draft time because the league is desperately trying to kill off white speed so the Merchants Of Death ie. Mike Greenberg of ESPN can continue their main mission of destroying the notion of the great white athlete.
Wake up F"N NFL!!!!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes going into the season a lot of these guys looked like NFL prospects that is until the draft gurus and assorted Merchants Of Death just plain ignored the white wr's as draft talk heated up.
BYU's Mitch Mathews put on an amazing display of athletic talent and speed and when you consider his size doesn't he fit the first round profile? Not in the real world I guess but damn the white guys are putting up numbers in the 40. Slot speedsters Eagan, Anthrop and Erickson burned rubber and can really play so they SHOULD GET DRAFTED in a fair world.
Obviously other should be sure shots are Mathews and McCaffery with their size/ speed and productivity. Hell speed is in the genes of the McCaffery's for crying out loud. And Richard Mullaney is another guy that fits that mold. Cajuste has similar size but less speed than these three guys and all agree Cajuste should get drafted so what gives on these other three stellar guys? Casey Martin, Braverman and Glidden are three other slots that deserve a late round pick. Only Nelson Spruce one of the few white wideouts who did not run very well---- who knows what his status will be come draft day. The point is we could all be puking come draft time because the league is desperately trying to kill off white speed so the Merchants Of Death ie. Mike Greenberg of ESPN can continue their main mission of destroying the notion of the great white athlete.
Wake up F"N NFL!!!!!!

Great post, but the NFL has no intention of waking up as they're already wide awake and know exactly what they're doing. There will be a slew of blacks drafted next month at every position who are "raw" (translation: still haven't figured out how to play the position after three or four years of college), and/or who have "upside" (a magical subjective quality only blacks have). But no Whites with upside will be taken other than possibly one or two o-linemen ala Ali Marpet last year. The league sees what makes the Patriots stand out and not one other team will "copycat" that. Even the Patriots are too timid to push it any further and can be counted on to draft lots of affletes, especially on defense, and last year even the o-line. Death, taxes, and the Caste System in sports are the three sure things in life. Maybe if Donald Trump is elected and the assault on "political correctness" intensifies, the Caste System will finally come under scrutiny instead of just from us.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
One of the more laughable player pro days took place today - laquon treadwell wr for ole mis

He ran in the mid 4.6 range which for a white player is an instant red flag and undraftable grade. However he has a built in excuse from all of the draft experts - they didn't expect him to run that fast so it's not a big deal. More of that black privilege at work.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yea ridiculous. ..Mike Hass was only about an inch shorter and ran a 4.58 at his pro day and had a more productive career in college..6th round no real shot

I can't believe the Mike Hass screw job is coming up on it's 10 year anniversary this year. I would say that Hass was the final straw for me in terms of any real enjoyment of the NFL and really cemented my belief in the caste system.

Playing the slight optimist card at least their are 15-20 white draft eligible white WRs this season with a chance to get a late round/udfa contract. Not anything to celebrate but I would argue it is higher than last year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Christian Hackenberg 'wows' at Penn State Pro Day

Hackenberg finishes 44-52 with a streak of 21 straight completions and more than a few "wows" from the crowd.

article: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/03/christian_hackenberg_potential_nfl_draft_target_of.html

Hackenberg has been the target of unwarranted criticism after rightly stating that Franklin and his offense are the main reason for his struggles during team interviews. I fully agree with him as I have been one of the most outspoken critics of Franklin and his lack of coaching prowess. Here is an article actually defending Hackenberg in his honest assessment of his PSU career:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/christ...hypocrisy-of-nfl-draft-process-174130565.html

Whiter Mike

Hass is one of 3 Biletnikoff award winners to get drafted later than the 2nd round. This year's winner Corey Coleman has hands made of stone but is a lock to be a first round pick.

Coleman’s first flaw on tape is a frustrating tendency for inconsistent hands,
In all, Coleman had 10 drops this season and seven the year before. Those are pretty big numbers and give him a drop rate over the two years of 11.0 percent of catchable passes dropped. That’s actually worse than Jordan Matthews in the NFL this past season,
Right now it looks like you are going to have to live with a certain number of drops in his game, which only underlines the potential upside he needs to achieve to outweigh these negatives.

Emphasis added.
article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/16/draft-corey-coleman-an-draft/

Wit all dat upside who cares if he drops a few passes?

TwentyTwo

Master
At the NFL Combine Mayock referred to Tyler Eifert as the "Modern TE"....he's the new draft standard...& this Class is following thru with 9 of the Top 11 TE prospects being white. There is a New Breed of TE in the NFL with Gronk & Kelce creating the ultimate mismatches...of course Olsen is one of the NFL's best..eventually stalwarts like Witten & Heath Miller have to be replaced.

Even amongst the HS Class of 16 recruiting services ...7 of the 12 Top TE's are white(one poly)...so there is no shortage coming down the pipeline....led by Isaac Nauta(Georgia); Kaden Smith(Stanford) & Jake Hausmann(Ohio State)

No doubt there is plenty of Caste-garbage to shift thru; which many good WR's/DB's post where made...just looking at the "silver lining of the continuing emergence of the TE position...

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
It had already been mentioned here Jeff Driskell had the Fastest 40 time for QB's at the NFL Combine ....i'm sure the PTB were disappointed it was not Dak Prescott , Cardale Jones or even Vernon Adams....

Well Jacob Huesman (Chattanooga) would have had the Fastest time (4.52) had he been invited.....also a 35” vertical jump that would put him 3rd among QB's at this year’s NFL Combine & 10’1” broad jump, which would have been 2nd...

Athletic , raw, with plenty of upside...oh wait a minute

http://www.wdef.com/2016/03/29/jaco...ch-topped-all-qb-times-from-2016-nfl-combine/
IMG_0881-2.jpg

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

He was someone I knew nothing about but it sounds like he is the most athletic WR in this year's draft:

The hype train surrounding Moritz Boehringer was chugging along at a nice pace entering his pro day on Thursday. After an incredible workout in front of NFL scouts, that train is now in full runaway mode.

In a matter of hours, the wide receiver from Germany went from someone most outside the hardcore NFL scouting community had never heard of to a player some scouts now believe could be taken as high as the fourth round in the NFL draft.

Officially at Florida Atlantic's pro day, Boehringer ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.10-second short shuttle, 11.15-second 60-yard shuttle, and a 6.65-second three-cone drill that had scouts on the ground doing double-takes at their stopwatches, shaking their heads, and laughing. He also had 17 lifts on the bench press. All of these marks would have landed inside the top five among all wide receivers who tested at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. And his 40, which was run on grass, is about the equivalent of a 4.39 on turf -- a time that would have tied for second among receivers at the combine.

What makes the performance even more remarkable was that Boehringer did it at a height-weight combo (he measured 6-4 1/2 and 227 pounds on Thursday) resembling an NFL tight end. There just aren't many historical comparisons for a player testing like he did at that size. Two of the more recent, better comps might be Devin Funchess and Dorial Green-Beckham -- 2015 second-round picks by theCarolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans.

In the field drills, Boehringer caught every pass thrown his way despite some adventurous tosses by the quarterback. Scouts were curious if he had ever faced press coverage so they asked a couple of the defensive backs there to press him at the line of scrimmage, and he had no problems releasing. At least two teams wanted to see his blocking techniques as a tight end. And when he was coached up, he was able to immediately make corrections.

"I came here today knowing what I needed to do," the ultra-quiet Boehringer said in perfect English after his pro day. "But I didn't realize there was going to be so many people watching me."

Following his workout he was plastered in the locker room with questions from scouts who were getting their very first exposure to him. The Patriots,Packers, Vikings, Broncos and Chiefs appear particularly interested.

Chiefs GM John Dorsey, receiving a report from his scout on the ground at FAU, called Boehringer's agent, Kyle Strongin, in the middle of the workout and requested a visit. The Vikings scout -- who met with Boehringer Wednesday night and had introduced himself so Boehringer would remember him after the draft in his pitch to join Minnesota as a free agent -- was suddenly reassessing that plan Thursday, understanding the receiver would now likely cost his team a draft pick, maybe even a mid-rounder.

What complicates matters for NFL teams in trying to put a proper grade on Boehringer is that his evaluation is all projection. The level of play, even in Germany's top league where he dominated last season, is so far below the college level in the U.S. that all tape on him has little value aside from Madden-level entertainment.

But after Thursday's workout, there appears to be a clearer picture of what kind of player Boehringer could become in the NFL.