2016 NFL Draft

Riggins44

Master
Just when things were looking up, with Vigil and Frackell getting selected, the Pats pick a GD black quarterback. Unf**king believable...

They'd really rather have Brisset than Connor Cook.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As always, hordes of picks wasted on cornerbacks and defensive tackles, most of whom won't amount to anything. Gotta keep that jobs program for blacks going.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Pats take that bum over Driskell and Hogan? Absurd .

Heretic

Master
Bizzaro world...Cleveland's and NE's QB picks should have been the reverse of each other...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Horrible pick by N.E. He doesn't know how to look at his reads. One and done. Maybe it's a trade for
another team? Just doesn't make any sense.

Like the two Utah St. Linebackers going to teams where they will play and contribute right away.

Heretic

Master
WKU QB Brandon Doughty would've been a much better pick too. Insanity...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
We've named about 5 white qbs in 30 seconds more qualified than AA pick Jacoby.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Patriots took Garoppolo in the 2nd a couple of years ago. Why take a QB this high?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So 22 Whites picked out of 98? That's better than usual for the first three rounds. More White defensive players than usual taken that early, and domination at QB and TE.

The percentage should go up tomorrow, should end up around 25% or maybe a little higher.

Last edited:

Riggins44

Master
San Diego definitely has had the best draft so far from our perspective. They will be worth rooting for again next year. Too bad they let Weddell go.

Heretic

Master
I really like the Lions two OL picks, Graham Glasgow and Taylor Decker.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Still cannot believe Cook is on the board. I have a feeling dallas and buffalo are getting black quarterbacks tomorrow.

The pats solid offseason signings have been diminished some by the idiocy of their draft picks so far.

Heretic

Master
So 22 Whites picked out of 98? That's better than usual for the first three rounds. More White defensive players than usual taken that early, and domination at QB and TE.

The percentage should go up tomorrow, should end up around 25% or maybe a little higher.
In a fair world, yes. All those QB we just mentioned. Scooby Wright, Temple LB Tyler Matakevich, etc...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Now I see why the Patriots couldn't resist taking Vincent Valentine:

Patriots selected Nebraska DL Vincent Valentine with the No. 96 overall pick of the 2016 NFL draft. Valentine (6'4/329) left Nebraska as a redshirt junior after making 24 starts, tallying 16 career tackles for loss, seven sacks, and a forced fumble. He showed plus length and athleticism at the Combine, but managed 17 bench-press reps and needs to get stronger. Valentine struggled with conditioning in college and missed time with a high ankle sprain last year, but he's a project worth trying to develop. Long term, Valentine offers rotational nose tackle potential.

The productivity, the strength and conditioning, what a steal! 16 career tackles, that's what's called making scouts drool with his limitless upside!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Pats still have 8 picks tomorrow, still time to turn it around but will they?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not to beat a dead horse but I still can't get over the fall Cook has experienced. I hope he ends up being one of the steals of the draft.

I really think Dallas and Buffalo are getting black quarterbacks. I would love to see Cook end up in San Diego to be groomed as the potential successor to Rivers. Arizona or Chicago also make sense.

I hope we have a run on white LBs tomorrow to - Wright, Schobert, Matakevich, Kwiatkowski should hopefully go off the board in the 4th tomorrow. Same for for Ioannidis on the d-line.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
It was an all-time laughable pick for NE, but I take do lice in the fact that Brissett simply won't last in their complex system.

I'd post the infinitely-superior passing stats and win-loss records of the white QBs who were available when Brissett was selected, but why bother? This happens every year, ad infinitum, at every position in football. The Caste System supersedes stats and production. And think about how many hundreds of thousands of superior white high school football players across the country are screwed yearly (never being recruited, going to small schools, or being forced to walk-on) for decades on end.

All that said, the first 3 rounds have actually been half-decent compared to previous years. How disconcerting it that?

Nice to see the Chargers, Packers, Browns, Lions, and Broncos making multiple white picks already.

Last edited: