2016 NFL Draft

Tannehill17

Mentor
Even though I am looking forward to the draft 9 out of 10 times I feel like crap after it is finished.

That's exactly how I feel about it. There is always so much anticipation leading up to the draft, but then I remember that I'm a Dolphins fan and that if history is any indication, their draft will end up being coal black.

Romosexual

Flip the races and I'm sure Wright would be a consensus top 5 pick, while Jack fails to be drafted until the third day.

Just compare their college resumes:
Wright: 30 games, 270 tackles (159 solo), 43.5 TFL, 17 sacks, 6 Turnovers Forced, Bednarik Award, Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy, Lambert Award, Unanimous All-American
Jack: 29 games, 178 tackles (117 solo), 15 TFL, 1 sack, 5 Turnovers Forced, 2x Second-team All-Pac-12

If you didn't give the names and told me one was going to be taken in the top 10 picks and the other is hoping to be a third rounder, I think I'd know which is which...
average sixty tackles a season playing inside linebacker and 1 sack, surefire first rounder, lol, only in the nfl...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That's exactly how I feel about it. There is always so much anticipation leading up to the draft, but then I remember that I'm a Dolphins fan and that if history is any indication, their draft will end up being coal black.

Not to rain on your parade as I still also get slightly optimistic before the draft but I was looking at the Dolphins pre draft visits and they were all black besides a couple qbs. Tannenbaum is probably going to continue to draft coal on a forever underachieving majority black Miami team where the white qb gets all the blame. I hope I'm wrong and they just draft white olinemen to protect Tannehill.

The Hock

Master
Splurged on one of those draft mags and according to them their 4th rated OT Jack Conklin "is a blue collar type who lacks talent." How do you get to be the 4th rated OT in the draft and lack talent? By being white no doubt.

On the other hand they to give credit Conner McGovern, the 7th rated OG, for being "genetically strong." Is that the first cousin of "country strong"?

Actually I bought two mags to compare. One mag's analysis likes to go on a bit too much, I think, while the other is more pithy.

Both do tend to be dismissive of white players, especially their athletic qualities.

Which is of course no surprise to CF.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ronnie Stanley and Laremy Tunsil, the two sumos annointed by the media as the top tackles in the draft, will be busts. Guarantee it.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'm vaguely optimistic I believe there will be over 25% drafted this year for once. Not much of a spike in the mean percentage but 1st rd has potential for 8+ whites alone, compared to 0 in 1st rd last year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are my thoughts/draft primer for the upcoming draft:

1. QB Resurgence?? - College football has done alot to dumb down the QB position causing a shortage of quality QBs coming into the league. The 2013 and 2015 drafts were very indicative of the lack of depth of the position. This year appears to buck the trend - 3 white QBs are slated as first rounders - Wentz, Goff and Lynch. Cook is a solid QB that will probably be drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd round. Other quality QBs in this draft include Hackenberg, Hogan, Allen, Kessler, Driskel to name a few. Their is potential for 10+ white QBs to be drafted in 2016. The narrative leading up to the draft is that this is a weak QB class (all of the sudden). This pretty much falls in line with the caste approach to the QB position not having any highly touted non-white QBs in the draft. It will be interesting to see if the media contrived character assassination attempt on Cook is successful or if he is still drafted late 1st/early 2nd.

Even with Goff and Wentz penciled in at 1 and 2 overall respectively their is a buzz around Paxton Lynch as well. Hackenberg is now being discussed as a potential 1st round selection and it seems that Hogan's stock has improved over the course of the draft process. This may be a potentially positive development if it plays out over the course of the draft especially if these QBs are selected to displace black quarterbacks.

2. How far will Joey Bosa fall? Throughout the college football season and up to the combine Bosa was universally regarded as the top player in this draft. Inevitably of course his stock seems to have dropped some leading up to the draft - hopefully he is selected in the top 10.

3. The draft eligible players that tested out the best athletically in this draft all seem to be white. Whether it be WR Moritz Boehringer, DT Justin Zimmer, DT Connor Wujciak or FB/H-Back Dan Vitale. All of these players have what would be termed as "upside" if they were black but since they are white it will be interesting to see if/when they are drafted.

4. A small spike in defensive players drafted? This draft seems to feature a decent number of front seven defensive players that seem to have been labeled as being worthy of a draft selection. The same can't be said for the secondary where only Caputo and Fejedelem seem to have an outside shot at being selected.

5. O-line excellence - this looks to be a very solid draft for white o-linemen whether it be Center, Guard or Tackle. Teams will be smart rid themselves of overrated failure sumos and replace with one of the white players in this draft. OT Jack Conklin, OT Taylor Decker, C Ryan Kelly should all be first rounders. OT Jason Spriggs and OG Cody Whitehair have an outside shot at round 1 as well.

6. White WR Surge? Following last year's coal fest this year looks like it will possibly stock the NFL with a decent number of white wrs either drafted or signed as UDFAs. Last year RBs Zenner, Varga and Wegher all made teams as UDFAs. Here is a quick list off the top of my head:

Devon Casjuste
Nelson Spruce
Mortiz Boehringer
Daniel Braverman
Danny Anthrop
Alex Erickson
Ed Eagan
Richard Mullaney
Max McCaffrey
Mitch Mathews
Casey Martin
David Glidden
Jenson Stoshak

7. Will any current NFL QBs will be on the move? Mike Glennon, Nick Foles and now Sam Bradford all appear to be available for the right price. It will be interesting to see if any of these QBs are moved during the draft to QB needy teams. Bradford really shot himself in the foot after the Eagles traded up for a QB by demanding a trade - was never really high on him.

8. How many gimpy black players will be undeservedly be drafted in the 1st round? The two LBs Jack and Smith could potentially go in the 1st round as could a WVU Safety Joseph who has an ACL injury. I have heard Scooby Wright's injury be used as a negative against him more than any of those three players and Wright actually came back and dominated in Arizona's bowl game. Another injured white player of note is Adam Gostis - it will be interesting to see if/when he is selected as well.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Really hoping the draft increases traffic
and membership to the site. Also hoping it lures back some of the posters that have disappeared.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Mayocks top 5 Tackles
1. Tunsil called him "athletic" and mentioned"upside"
2. Stanley "basketball feet"
3. Conklin "tough"
4. Decker good "technician"
5. Germain Ifedi "massive" and "powerful".

The Hock

Master
One of the ragazins I bought says the Packers need to get some wide receivers as they have no number three on the roster. As if it's a foregone conclusion what they have won't be the answer.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
One of the ragazins I bought says the Packers need to get some wide receivers as they have no number three on the roster. As if it's a foregone conclusion what they have won't be the answer.

I've noticed a couple of idiots online mention this as well. It looks like people want to bury Janis all time playoff performance last year much like the Packers did to Beebe after his legendary playoff performance in the 90s. Back to the bench whitey there is a whole new class of affleticism, upside, and room brightening smiles on the way!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
There will be no shortage of black DTs over drafted in the first few rounds with average stats... Lot of future 1st rd busts.

woody39

Mentor
Really hoping the draft increases traffic
and membership to the site. Also hoping it lures back some of the posters that have disappeared.

Was not able to get on the website for a bit then must admit drifted away but was reminded to come back on today when reading mock drafts and out raged at lack of scooby wright 3rds appearance anywhere in the mock drafts.

Hoping for a good night for whites at least 6 i think later.

Will try to get back on here alot more like i used to leonardfan.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm excited to see alot more quarterbacks and the multitude of recievers that are available. I would love to see at least
half of them make the team at a minimum. We need more wide outs and especially at the number 1 & 2 positions lined
up outside. There are also some very good defensive players. Bosa is a beast. It will be interesting to see where he winds
up at.

Riggins44

Master
I'm vaguely optimistic I believe there will be over 25% drafted this year for once. Not much of a spike in the mean percentage but 1st rd has potential for 8+ whites alone, compared to 0 in 1st rd last year.

There was actually ONE white in the draft last year -- Brandon Scherff. But I get your point.

woody39

Mentor
How many of our guys will be drafted tonight? What's people thinking prediction wise?

Eight is my best estimate

Goff
Wentz
Bosa
Conklin
Decker
Kelly
Lynch
Cook

Although maybe hackenberg and or Spriggs make it as well.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
How many of our guys will be drafted tonight? What's people thinking prediction wise?

Eight is my best estimate

Goff
Wentz
Bosa
Conklin
Decker
Kelly
Lynch
Cook

Although maybe hackenberg and or Spriggs make it as well.

Good list. I'd say Whitehair and Henry have outside shot at 1st along with Spriggs and Hackenberg that you mentioned.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Goff goes #1!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Great pick by SD!! Jon Gruden loved it as well. After only one white guy in the 1st round last year, the 1st three are white this year!!