2015 Free Agency Thread

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
lets hope you are right. Harvin is one of the most overrated players in the league that the dwfs love. I hope that smiff is not even being considered as the starting qb next year. I cannot think of any white qb that has been given the kind of treatment Smiff has received.
From what I've read, Harvin is due a huge salary he is undeserving of. The Jets are likely to cut him, especially with Marshall now. Decker & Marshall on the outside with Kerley in the slot. There is no need for Harvin.

Now the Jets need to get themselves a real quarterback already.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's amazing how much better Edelman is playing the same role in an offense than harvin ever has. I can't think of a better current comparison to prove the caste system then the case Edelman vs Harvin.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From what I've read, Harvin is due a huge salary he is undeserving of. The Jets are likely to cut him, especially with Marshall now. Decker & Marshall on the outside with Kerley in the slot. There is no need for Harvin.

Now the Jets need to get themselves a real quarterback already.

I live in the NY market and do watch jets games as it has been a comedy of errors over the past two seasons watching that moron smiff. I really hope the bucs draft jameez as I don't think I could stand living in the same media market he plays in. All things considered marioTA would be a breath of fresh air. Being a realist I hope MAriota ends up in new York because I know there is no way in hell a white qb is going to get drafted in round 1 at the spot.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I live in the NY market and do watch jets games as it has been a comedy of errors over the past two seasons watching that moron smiff. I really hope the bucs draft jameez as I don't think I could stand living in the same media market he plays in. All things considered marioTA would be a breath of fresh air. Being a realist I hope MAriota ends up in new York because I know there is no way in hell a white qb is going to get drafted in round 1 at the spot.
Agreed on Jameez.

If Mariota went to the Jets I wouldn't mind much. Though I'd rather see them trade for Cousins or Glennon or sign Locker and then draft Petty, Grayson or Mannion later on.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Good news about Harline:

http://www.givemesport.com/552351-b...ok&utm_medium=Paid-Social&utm_campaign=552351

It looks like he's wiling to take a pay-cut to play with Brady.

I understand Hartline wanting to sign with a championship squad with a dazzling proclivity for fairness to white WR's. But personally, I’d rather see Hartline not sign with the Patriots and instead sign with Cleveland or Houston. New England already has three prominent white pass-catchers in Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola...so I wouldn’t want to see Hartline absorb their targets (or vise-versa).

Also, Brandon LaFell is a decent player who earned his spot after a difficult start to the 2014 campaign. LaFell seems like a “high character†black. He is very religious, doesn’t celebrate when he makes a good play, and he’s married to a black woman. He’s OK in my book…

brandon-lafells-wife-kristen-lafell-instagram3.jpg

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I see that there is talk of the Patriots releasing Danny Amendola because of salary cap issues. Hopefully it is just talk. He was vital down the stretch for New England. Hypothetically speaking, the Pats plus Hartline and minus Amendola is intriguing. But it’s hard to determine if it is a wash, favorable or risky considering the attack the Pats use. You know Danny was so effective on those underneath sideline routes were his quickness bedazzled the defense in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Amendola always was a quality player. One year he led the NFL in total yardage.

Amendola's issue has been injuries throughout the years.

The Patriots could sign Hartline and release Amendola. Maybe the Pats will take a look at signing Welker as a reserve if he's available. They have many good options.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A couple funny pieces of free agent news - The Steelers signed Tajh Boyd - anointed 1st round pick of all the DWFs and draft experts last year to a contract.

Laron Landry who has been a PED abuser since college somehow managed to make it 8 years until getting any major punishment. He has been banned 10 games if he signs with a team this year. Hopefully his career is over.

Riggins44

Master
A couple funny pieces of free agent news - The Steelers signed Tajh Boyd - anointed 1st round pick of all the DWFs and draft experts last year to a contract.

Laron Landry who has been a PED abuser since college somehow managed to make it 8 years until getting any major punishment. He has been banned 10 games if he signs with a team this year. Hopefully his career is over.

Man, the Stealers love them some black quarterbacks.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

Why? By all accounts Boyd was awful in with the Jets during last year's preseason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cobb re-upped with Green Bay, which is bad news for Janis and Abbrederis.

woody39

Mentor
Suh to the Dolphins according top a number of sources with 60 million guaranteed! Dolphins gone down a peg in my estimations signing that cheat.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Cobb re-upped with Green Bay, which is bad news for Janis and Abbrederis.

They're still in a good spot. Right now they're holding on to the 4 and 5spots respectively. As long as GB doesn't draft a WR early they should be able to hold on toroster spots. Abby should be favorite for the return jobs and Janis will work himself into the rotation everytime he touches the ball a big play happens.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Suh to the Dolphins.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
They're still in a good spot. Right now they're holding on to the 4 and 5spots respectively. As long as GB doesn't draft a WR early they should be able to hold on toroster spots. Abby should be favorite for the return jobs and Janis will work himself into the rotation everytime he touches the ball a big play happens.

It would have been considerably better for them if Cobb had signed elsewhere. Adams showed enough as a rookie that he is well ahead of Janis. Cobb leaving was the only way their racial apprenticeships might have been shortened, and Abbrederis coming off a blown-out knee will have to fight just to make the roster.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Agreed would have been better. With the way guys get injured nowadays it's almost a guarantee that one or more of the 5guys on the roster at wideout will get knicked up though.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It would have been considerably better for them if Cobb had signed elsewhere. Adams showed enough as a rookie that he is well ahead of Janis. Cobb leaving was the only way their racial apprenticeships might have been shortened, and Abbrederis coming off a blown-out knee will have to fight just to make the roster.

A better question is if the Packers will ever have a white TE star for them again?! Been way too long. Rodgers would be even better if he had a threat like Witten,Gronkowski,etc.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Packers made a mistake signing Cobb instead of Bulaga. Offensive line continuity is very important to a team's success. I have heard the Bucaneers, Jags and Redskins are all interested in Bulaga. If he goes to any of those teams I hope it is the Jaguars.

Suh is a joke,the next Haynesworth. He is a dirty, racist player that targets white players. He is media hype more so than anything. Miami makes yet another big, stupid free agent signing. Can't wait to see Robert Gremlin the Turd's response - he is the resident Dolphins fan here.

woody39

Mentor
Alot of money being splashed around 5 years 54 million with 25 million guaranteed for Byron Maxwell. What a terrible decision by the Eagles alot of money on someone who has only been a main corner for two years and played with it has to be said a talented surrounding cast.

I guess from a Pats perspective that means McCourty could stay with the Pats as it was being touted to be the Eagles that were the main contenders for him. I know they are not our guys so to speak but the Pats keeping McCourty would be a good move he seems a high character guy who we can support.

Not much movement on our guys at the moment, our guys are seen as "second tier" guys in the top 100 lists so guess will have to wait whilst teams blow money on over rated over hyped players like Suh, Maxwell etc.

Probably see Bulaga and Hawk be the best signings from this years free agency experience in a winning side, Packers could regret not keeping them. Hawk got the blame all the time but I always thought he was a quality linebacker for them.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's funny to see the Eagles make yet another big money investment in a Cb like they did when they signed uber free agent bust Nmadi Asiumuga a few years ago. He was touted as the best cover corner in the league by the media, Reid scooped him up and he busted almost right away. Maxwell is a solid player but that is way too much money. Hopefully this impacts Seattle negatively.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It's funny to see the Eagles make yet another big money investment in a Cb like they did when they signed uber free agent bust Nmadi Asiumuga a few years ago. He was touted as the best cover corner in the league by the media, Reid scooped him up and he busted almost right away. Maxwell is a solid player but that is way too much money. Hopefully this impacts Seattle negatively.

They just signed Frank Gore as well. The "experts" are already saying this free agency class is tapped out in terms of depth. Plenty of blue collar hard workers out there still but They're signed last resort..