2014 World Cup Finals - Part Two

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i don't understand van persie
he had a great first game and then he disappeared
in 2010 he was terrible already

Matra2

Master
I think the only team wogs got to touch the WC trophy is whenever Brazil won,and of course,France in 1998.
Unless of course,Argentina in 1986 was full of Hispanics.

Well, they were full of "Hispanics" but in the US the term usually refers to non-white Mestizo and Castizo as they make up the vast majority of so-called Hispanics*. I remember the 1986 World Cup well and still have my recordings of it. The Argentine team was whiter than their team today.

* I say "so-called Hispanic" because it is an invented term designed to bring together disparate groups of Spanish-speakers with little in common as one group for the purposes of making them act against the interests of white Americans. White Cubans and Mexicans do not like each other. I had an Argentine girlfriend 20 years ago who was of entirely northern Italian background. She was horrified to be lumped in with Mexicans.

Well, they were full of "Hispanics" but in the US the term usually refers to non-white Mestizo and Castizo as they make up the vast majority of so-called Hispanics*. I remember the 1986 World Cup well and still have my recordings of it. The Argentine team was whiter than their team today.

I know they were white.The last line in my post was sarcastic.

Btw,I still haven't forgiven you Matra.

Another perceptive post. As you inferred, Western whites rarely know anything about any subject involving athletics ...........Argentina could have a team entirely comprised of whites of Italian and/or Spanish lineage (which they do, along with 3 Mestizos), and they’d think “Hispanic” and their mind’s eye would likely concoct an image such as this…

As for the final, it's been repeated a dozen times already, but a German victory is the best outcome here.

A Germany win sticks it to the Caste whores more.

I'd sorta disagree. We "win" if Germany wins, if Argentina wins then it's a win for "hispanics".

The problem is that Americans are ****ing stupid and think Argentina is some mestizo infested ****hole. They probably also think Messi is mestizo.

A But yes, the dumbf*** American DWFs will think it's a Hispanic team against a European team.

America is not the centre of the Footballing world.Americans think Messi is mestizo......Americans hate Germany... WHO CARES?Seriously,America is as insignificant to Soccer,as Timbuktu is to the rest of the world.

In Europe and South America,the two continents where people can actually identify a white,an Argentina win would be the best result,for it would then be 12 long years since a black,and 16 long years since a muslim would've won the World Cup.A Germany win would leave that record in tatters,and that means a lot.

Also,you're kidding yourself that a Germany win would be a win for evil blondes and what not.Or maybe it is the case in America.But in Europe,where things are not lost yet,a win for Germany would be a win for Multiculturalism,with muslims being the main beneficiaries.Ozil and Khedira(whose value will probably touch 60m) will,despite their non-existent contributions,be heralded as the best 'German' midfielders by the jewish media.Remember Zidane is still praised to this day,despite being largely transparent in WC 1998,much like Ozil:

and i see that zidane is overrated
that's not the first time that i notice that zidane is overrated amongst those who speak english
the guy who commented on the pelé article also said zidane was one of the best ever
in the comments of this article too: http://isteve.blogspot.fr/2013/03/the-lionel-messi-halo-effect.html
now this chart
yes, zidane is overrated
i can understand why a french fan would see him as one of the best players ever, it would be delusional but he scored those 2 goals in 1998 that gave france their only world cup
then if you think more about it you'll realise that france's world cup win was lucky: there were much better french teams that didn't won the world cup (like the 1958 team for example)
and also that france won because of a good defence: 0-0 against paraguay until the last minute of extratime (without zidane), 0-0 against italy in the quarter finals, 2-1 against croatia after the biggest enigma of the history of soccer, thuram's 2 goals in one match (he never scored after that, in more than 100 caps) and the final with goals scored on corner kicks against brazil (not the hardest thing to do, but preventing them from scoring was harder)
barthez, laurent blanc, deschamps and even desailly and leboeuf deserve the credit for the 1998 world cup

zidane has failed to win champions league with juventus, then he won one with real madrid, but they were the best team back then
no matter where he played, he wasn't very influential, except maybe in 2006 in the world cup with france
there were moments of brilliance, but they were too few and like giles said he disapeared in derby matches or important matches

french players who should be ranked higher than zidane, henry, makelele ect are kopa, platini, fontaine, papin
those players have proven more things in champions league and in their national leagues
kopa, papin, and platini have won the ballon d'or, and they deserved it
zidane only won it because france won the world cup and they had to give it to a french player, they should have given it to a defender or a goalkeeper, like in 2006, because zidane didn't have a great world cup, he even missed half of the world cup because of a red card

And we'll all have to bow down at the altar of Boateng:

Erm,while I agree with everything else,I think the above point is wrong in the sense that irrespective of actual ability,contribution,we know who will get all the credit.Remember that Boateng has been the only 'everpresent' in the German defence.

So a Germany win will result in Jerome Boateng being hailed as one of the best defenders of this generation,for having won both the Champions League and the World cup,within a space of two years.

Even the thought is sickening!

America has fallen,or atleast its sports have,to the Caste system.There is little that can be recovered from a German win.If anything,more 'German American' blacks like Julian Green will seek shelter in the US.

So,for Europe,which hasn't yet fallen(bar France),this Argentina win gives more hope.

L

Lew

Philosopher, it doesn't matter whether America is the center of the soccer world, it's the center of the entire world. It's our rulers who dictate how the people in Europe think. And I don't really care who wins but Germany is clearly the more visibly white team. They only have 1 or 2 players who wouldn't pass for White. Argentina has at least a handful of Mestizo players. Not that it really makes a difference to me because only blacks are the true beneficiaries of the caste system. The media has never hyped up hispanics as being superior athletes. In fact the media basically ignores them all together.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
First, great posts yet again, Thrashen!

Erm,while I agree with everything else,I think the above point is wrong in the sense that irrespective of actual ability,contribution,we know who will get all the credit.Remember that Boateng has been the only 'everpresent' in the German defence.

So a Germany win will result in Jerome Boateng being hailed as one of the best defenders of this generation,for having won both the Champions League and the World cup,within a space of two years.

Even the thought is sickening!

Some in the media might say Boateng, but everybody else (especially the German fans themselves) knows that Hummels is bar none the best defender the Germans have. The media here in the USA haven't mentioned much anything about Boateng (to my knowledge). Ian Darke and Steve McManaman (I believe they said this) think Hummels is Germany's best CB. Michael Ballack has said Hummels is vitally important in the back. One could easily see how shaky Germany's defense was to start the 2nd half of the Brazil game without Hummels. If I recall, Howedes has played every minute of the World Cup as well in the defense along with Boateng, and the only reason Hummels missed any game time at all was because of the flu, when, of course (in Hummels' absence), the German defense was very shaky against Algeria.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Sunday’s contest against Argentina is widely believed to be the final match in which all-time World Cup goal-scorer, Miroslav Klose, will wear the black, red, and gold uniform that he’s faithfully donned since March 24, 2001. On that day, the then 23-year old Klose (who wore #18 shirt instead of his famous #11) scored the winning goal in his international debut against Albania. At 2:07 seconds…

[video=youtube;3Plsw-p08Xs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Plsw-p08Xs[/video]

i

CAPTION: Inauguration of Greatness

Naturally, back then, he celebrated with his very first “salto.”

That early moment of elation must feel like a lifetime ago for the now 36-year old son to a German father (living in Upper Silesia, Poland) and a Polish mother, both of whom were themselves professional athletes (soccer and handball).

A year after his international debut, the talented striker netted 5 goals in World Cup 2002 in Japan/Korea, but Germany lost in the final, 2-0 against a talented Brazilian side.

Four years later, at World Cup 2006 on home soil, and the 28 year old Klose’s scored 5 more times, only to lose in the semi-final to eventual champions in the form of an all-white Italian side.

Another four years passed, and the 32 year old Klose’s club form greatly diminished due to injuries, yet his international career would continue to flourish and was again selected for the World 2010 squad. “Der Meister” was fantastic in South Africa, netting four goals despite missing a game due to a red card. His team lost to eventual champions, the nearly all-white Spain, in the semi-final. Realizing that he’d be 36 by the time the next tournament kicked off in 2014, he stated that the campaign in South Africa was surely his final World Cup appearance, solemnly uttering in a post-match interview that: “I guess I’ll never win a World Cup.”

A 2011 transfer to Lazio of the Italian league, “Serie A,” seemed to rejuvenate his club career. He continued to play internationally for Germany, splitting time with younger players such as Mario Gomez, Lukas Podolski, Kevin Volland, and Max Kruse. Due to Gomez’s knee injury, the “old man,” Klose, was selected to the 2014 roster, with fantastic results in limited action. He didn’t appear in the opening match against Portugal. He scored a critical equalizer against Ghana in the 71[SUP]st[/SUP] minute…a mere 2 minutes after coming on as a substitute in the 69 minute. He came on as a substitute in the 46[SUP]th[/SUP] minute against the U.S., but didn’t manage to score. He didn’t play a minute as his team struggled mightily against Algeria. He started against France, but couldn’t find room against a staunch defense that gave little space. He started against Brazil, and scored in the 23rd minute.

The seemingly-evergreen striker hinted in an interview this week subsequent to the semi-final drubbing of Brazil that he might be around for Euro Cup 2016 in France, which would be fantastic…

Klose is Germany's all-time scoring leader with 71 goals for Germany in 136 appearances and he has no plans to stop no matter what happens on Sunday.

"Unfortunately," he said with a smile. "I feel like I can still keep going on. I feel like I can drag my corpse around for quite some time. I’ll probably make a spontaneous decision at some point (to retire) but I’m not there yet."

Best of luck to Klose on Sunday!

foobar75

Master
Sunday’s contest against Argentina is widely believed to be the final match in which all-time World Cup goal-scorer, Miroslav Klose, will wear the black, red, and gold uniform that he’s faithfully donned since March 24, 2001. On that day, the then 23-year old Klose (who wore #18 shirt instead of his famous #11) scored the winning goal in his international debut against Albania. At 2:07 seconds…

[video=youtube;3Plsw-p08Xs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Plsw-p08Xs[/video]

i

CAPTION: Inauguration of Greatness

Naturally, back then, he celebrated with his very first “salto.â€

That early moment of elation must feel like a lifetime ago for the now 36-year old son to a German father (living in Upper Silesia, Poland) and a Polish mother, both of whom were themselves professional athletes (soccer and handball).

A year after his international debut, the talented striker netted 5 goals in World Cup 2002 in Japan/Korea, but Germany lost in the final, 2-0 against a talented Brazilian side.

Four years later, at World Cup 2006 on home soil, and the 28 year old Klose’s scored 5 more times, only to lose in the semi-final to eventual champions in the form of an all-white Italian side.

Another four years passed, and the 32 year old Klose’s club form greatly diminished due to injuries, yet his international career would continue to flourish and was again selected for the World 2010 squad. “Der Meister†was fantastic in South Africa, netting four goals despite missing a game due to a red card. His team lost to eventual champions, the nearly all-white Spain, in the semi-final. Realizing that he’d be 36 by the time the next tournament kicked off in 2014, he stated that the campaign in South Africa was surely his final World Cup appearance, solemnly uttering in a post-match interview that: “I guess I’ll never win a World Cup.â€

A 2011 transfer to Lazio of the Italian league, “Serie A,†seemed to rejuvenate his club career. He continued to play internationally for Germany, splitting time with younger players such as Mario Gomez, Lukas Podolski, Kevin Volland, and Max Kruse. Due to Gomez’s knee injury, the “old man,†Klose, was selected to the 2014 roster, with fantastic results in limited action. He didn’t appear in the opening match against Portugal. He scored a critical equalizer against Ghana in the 71[SUP]st[/SUP] minute…a mere 2 minutes after coming on as a substitute in the 69 minute. He came on as a substitute in the 46[SUP]th[/SUP] minute against the U.S., but didn’t manage to score. He didn’t play a minute as his team struggled mightily against Algeria. He started against France, but couldn’t find room against a staunch defense that gave little space. He started against Brazil, and scored in the 23rd minute.

The seemingly-evergreen striker hinted in an interview this week subsequent to the semi-final drubbing of Brazil that he might be around for Euro Cup 2016 in France, which would be fantastic…

Best of luck to Klose on Sunday!

Nice tribute piece to one of my favorite players ever. I wanted to add my contribution here. This is another excellent article on Klose. He's not only a great player, but a true sportsman as well:

http://sports.ndtv.com/fifa-world-c...striker-and-a-gentleman-who-refused-a-penalty

Let's also not forget, he's a family man. Here's a picture of Klose with wife Sylwia and another of Sylwia with their two boys:

57418.jpg

tumblr_lmdeti2si81qfqx8w.jpg

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Great posts on Klose, Thrashen and foobar!! He's one of the game's great players, and I don't have much to add to your posts. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to have been able to watch him excel in three of his World Cups. He's one of my favorite players in any sport, and is a very humble and classy player, as you guys have said. That'd be awesome to see Klose score in the final on Sunday! :) If he keeps playing until Euro 2016, it would be another amazing achievement in a storied career with so many.

From Thrashen's photo of Klose's first ever Germany goal, here's Klose celebrating his record-breaking goal against Brazil:

miroslav-klose-germany-2.jpg

frederic38

Hall of Famer
FIFA gave a ten players list for the best player of the tournament award:

Mats Hummels, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller and Philipp Lahm for germany

Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano and Angel Di Maria for argentina

then james rodriguez ofcourse, robben too, and neymar

so 9 whites and 1 mixed brazilian

picture of the potential ballon d'or winners:

jbyIoFhzxaUqOY.png

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Here is the Klose quote I was referring to, which he uttered almost 4 years ago to the day, July 9, 2010. I remember reading that quote and feeling very sorry for him (as I believed it was his “last chance”) after their exit from the 2010 World Cup...

With its youngest team in years, three-time champion Germany looked primed to win its first world title in 20 years. Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, Germany's best player in the tournament, epitomized the despair after Germany was eliminated when he sunk to his knees at the final whistle. Schweinsteiger was inconsolable, and captain Philipp Lahm was in tears.

Striker Miroslav Klose, probably in his last World Cup, remained one goal shy of Brazilian striker Ronaldo's 15-goal World Cup record. He wasn't thinking about individual achievements. "I guess I'll never win the World Cup title," said the 32-year-old Klose.

In his wildest dreams, I’m sure he never imaged that he'd be in the starting lineup, one victory away.

Link: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_15480766

jbyIoFhzxaUqOY.png

Excellent 9 whites,one token nondescript mongrel in running for the Ballon D' Or....this World Cup hasn't disappointed,despite Spain's fall from grace.

Masceranho's contributions have been immense,he made this crucial tackle very late in normal time in the last game:

ibwKu6wrjhhbzM.jpg

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Excellent 9 whites,one token nondescript mongrel in running for the Ballon D' Or....this World Cup hasn't disappointed,despite Spain's fall from grace.

Masceranho's contributions have been immense,he made this crucial tackle very late in normal time in the last game:

ibwKu6wrjhhbzM.jpg

i don't like him and was skeptical because he was very bad at barcelona in a center half role but he saved argentina in that game, yes, and he's having a great world cup

i don't like him and was skeptical because he was very bad at barcelona in a center half role but he saved argentina in that game, yes, and he's having a great world cup

Come on now,the guy's not a CB,never will be.He's a great midfielder though.He was absolutely phenomenal in the vintage Liverpool midfield of Masceranho-Xabi Alonso-Gerrard.Fond memories...those.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Come on now,the guy's not a CB,never will be.He's a great midfielder though.He was absolutely phenomenal in the vintage Liverpool midfield of Masceranho-Xabi Alonso-Gerrard.Fond memories...those.

he still is responsible for barcelona not winning a champions league in the past seasons :icon_cry:

he still is responsible for barcelona not winning a champions league in the past seasons :icon_cry:

Now,if Barca could've avoid spending a whole season's budget(what was it,100m?) on Neymar they'd probably have another CB in their squad,other than Pique.

Also,Song being bought in as cover for both defensive-midfield and CB didn't help.

jbyIoFhzxaUqOY.png

But Fifa being Fifa,had to spoil the fun by doing this:

iqKwgqoFPfGDO.png

This is a sick joke.I mean all of them blacks?

No Thibaut Courtois?
No Antonie Griezmann?
No Jose Gimenez?

Manolas?Quintero?Hell the muslim,Pjanic would've been too bad either!

(Right click on the images and select 'view image' for a clear view)

frederic38

Hall of Famer
what a joke, none of them had a good world cup
i guess no young player (under 21 i guess? so no james rodriguez and courtois) had a good world cup then

what a joke, none of them had a good world cup
i guess no young player (under 21 i guess? so no james rodriguez and courtois) had a good world cup then

Well,yes,none of them had anything close to a good World Cup.James Rodriguez is maybe ignored because he's well in the running for the Golden Boot,but Courtios's exclusion is just sickening,on many levels.He's the runaway winner,hence I had bolded his name.Also Gimenez was excellent for Uruguay.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Well,yes,none of them had anything close to a good World Cup.James Rodriguez is maybe ignored because he's well in the running for the Golden Boot,but Courtios's exclusion is just sickening,on many levels.He's the runaway winner,hence I had bolded his name.Also Gimenez was excellent for Uruguay.

check the age limit, it must be 21 years old
otherwise this list is totally crazy
gimenez impressed yes
much more than these guys