2014 NFL Draft

davidholly

Mentor
Wonder if the Rams will go for Manziel. Bradford is just too injury prone.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Jets and Dolphins have quarterbacks. The AZ Cardinals need to draft Johnny Football. We will see in the next 15 to 20 minutes. AZ would be a perfect fit. :becky:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Wow! 16 picks and Manziel is still on the board. I think a lot of teams missed the boat on this one.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Reading the Jags DWF message board. They hate the Bortles pick. I love it of course. Hell, I might switch allegiances to the Jags as at least there is one white friendly team in this state.

The Bortles pick is quite logical. The fans should be glad they got a good prospect at QB.

Riddlewire

Master
Somebody send a tweet to ESPN asking them why they keep showing Manziel's face, when it's actually Bridgewater who is getting "passed over". After all, Bridgewater was ranked above Manziel by the majority of "Draft Experts" for most of draft season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I didn't forget about Carson Palmer. He is good but he is 34 years of age. Draft the kid and start your future qb for the next decade of longer right now. AZ needs to draft Manziel.

Riddlewire

Master
I seriously doubt that OT the Dolphins just picked ever attended a single class during his "academic career". He has the look on his face of someone who never learned to read.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Dolphins took Juwuan James. Joel Bitonio is a better prospect at tackle.

Riddlewire

Master
It seems that a ton of great quarterbacks are going to go very late or undrafted.
Fales, Murray, McCarron, Carr. All are first round talents.

icsept

Master
The Browns have to get Manziel. He has to be better than journeyman backup Brian Hoyer. They have some nice weapons and I think it's a good fit.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It seems that a ton of great quarterbacks are going to go very late or undrafted.
Fales, Murray, McCarron, Carr. All are first round talents.

I'm interested to see where Tom Savage goes.

icsept

Master
It's unfathomable that the Texans and Browns would rather have undrafted, unproven Case Keenum and Brian Hoyer as starters and pass on Manziel.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns have to get Manziel. He has to be better than journeyman backup Brian Hoyer. They have some nice weapons and I think it's a good fit.

I'm guessing the Browns take Bridgewater.

Kaptain

Master
Prediction: Johnny will go to Dallas and expect to sit and learn a couple of years behind Romo.

Silly me. A Texas team won't take Manziel for fear of him being too popular with the fans.

The next logical caste spot for Johnny to land would be the Kansas City Chiefs or the New England Patriots. They do not want him starting right away - or ever. It doesn't fit the protocols.

In KC he will compete with the efficient Alex Smith and one of the two will get screwed over. In New England they can safely hand him the clip board.

Riddlewire

Master
I read an article earlier today about how NFL teams are going to extraordinary lengths to avoid "character risks" in this year's draft.
Obviously BS.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Packers select "Ha Ha." I've yet to see a single announcer or pundit over this entire long pre-draft process not say that name with total seriousness. Can you imagine the jokes that would be made about a White athlete with such a ridiculous name.

Gotta say Gruden has been pretty good. He's boosted Manziel from the beginning and isn't shy about pointing out the negatives of black players, who often seem to be "works in progress," aka affirmative action picks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
At this point I'd prefer to see Manziel either go to Cleveland late in the first or Minnesota in the second round. Or maybe to New England as Brady will be 37 this season. Belichick is the coach least likely to completely screw him over.

When was the last year a prominent White quarterback didn't have to go through this ritual? Last year Matt Barkley wasn't necessarily expected to go in the first round, but he lasted to the fourth. Seems like there's been one every year going back to Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

Riddlewire

Master
I'm pretty sure Manziel's skills would beat out Foles in a competition. And he's nearly ideal for that offense. However, if Philly drafted him, I doubt we'd ever see him start a game for them. He'd be buried, just the way the NFL wants.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Manziel to Browns! Browns got a steal this late in the first round.

Riddlewire

Master
Let's not forget how the other half of the NFL's restructuring plan works.
Bridgewater will likely now go to a ready-made playoff contender.

(Sorry for the thread spam. I haven't posted much this year.)

Kaptain

Master
I don't mind Cleveland so much. At least he will have maybe the best TE, Jordan Cameron, oustide of Gronk to throw the ball to.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Glancing at the write-up on the Rams' first pick, Robinson. It's just as I said earlier in this thread, they're going to make him a RG. As a run-blocker with no lateral quickness, that's where he belongs, but a NUMBER 2 pick on a guard?? Only in the AA NFL.