2014 MLB Season

Georgia Peach

How about the Angels last night!

In the favorite/least favorite players thread I failed to mention how much I loathe Fernando Rodney with his flat billed, sideways cap, and his showboating, look at me antics. How refreshing was it to see Mike Trout give him a taste of his own medicine after scoring a run in the 9th.

PamelaOC

Banned
How about the Angels last night!

In the favorite/least favorite players thread I failed to mention how much I loathe Fernando Rodney with his flat billed, sideways cap, and his showboating, look at me antics. How refreshing was it to see Mike Trout give him a taste of his own medicine after scoring a run in the 9th.

Rodney used to be with the Angels. He was removed from the closer role due to incompetence, and basically chimped out, saying he was "disrespected," and openly attacked the team and demanded to be traded. Well, he got his wish. And last night, his comeuppance.

Truthteller

Mentor
Montero is simply a White man from South America. Venezuela has quite a few. Other examples would be Frankie Cervelli and Marco Scutaro.

Freethinker, another white goy from Venezuela is 23 year-old Arizona Diamonbacks' rookie center fielder Ender Inciarte, who began his career in the Phillies organization. His batting average was putrid his first few weeks in the majors, but it is starting to rise quite a bit -- at least enough to keep him in the majors until the end of the season?

---------

Also, not too long, when the Astros where dominating in the National League, ESPN and others where complaining they were way "too white" with Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman, Clemens, ect.....those days seem to be long gone, as the team has tons of darker Hispanics and blacks. But they do seem to have several "white Hispanics", including Jason Castro and Matt Dominguez.

Was just looking at minor league stats, and saw the leading hitter in the Pacific Coast League is Enrique Hernandez from San Juan, Puerto Rico, who is clearly white. Hernandez is a 23 year old 2b, who is stuck behind diminutive All-Star Jose Altuve.

2013+Chachi+%2314+Inciarte.jpg

8825414474_d627dc964a_z.jpg

Caption: PCL's leading hitter, right now (.338) Enrique J. Hernandez

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm glad the hispanic that's really a white guy is emerging in MLB because in the AL the actual white star is disappearing. I checked the top batters in the Sunday paper today and it's pretty dismal. Only two of the top 20 batting averages are white players, Trout of course and Lonnie Chisenhall. That's pretty sad. Only Trout, Brandon Moss, and Josh Donaldson are in the top 10 for homers, none near the lead. The American League has basically Mike Trout as the lone white superstar.

Some white players have virtually disappeared. Josh Hamilton once a perennial MVP candidate is on his second year of no power. Today against the Tigers he struck out, the catcher missed the ball and it went all the way to the backstop and Hamilton just angrily strode to the dugout.

Joe Mauer career .320 hitter is hitting .270 with 2, that's "2" homeruns. Last years home run champ Chris Davis is hitting .199.

I know MLB wants to get rid of all non-white pitchers but do the players have to be so accommodating?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta say, I loved baseball far more than other sports as a kid but the only way I've stayed in touch in recent years is when I've played fantasy baseball and I have no team this year and thus no interest as much as I'd like to. The natural pace of baseball, not to mention the fundamentals, have been warped and I no longer care what happens. And the salaries sicken me; bench players make more than the CEOs of what's left of the free market system in the USSA.

The turnover in players just from last year to this season is stunning; don't know if it's natural or the Caste System at work but I feel like a stranger as far as what's going on in the 2014 season.

PamelaOC

Banned
The black and brown "stars" of today cannot match the records and statistics of great white players like Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, and Ted Williams.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The black and brown "stars" of today cannot match the records and statistics of great white players like Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, and Ted Williams.

Preach,those colored "stars" are juicing muscle heads!! Can't touch the natural strength,skill, and reaction time those old timers possessed!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm glad the hispanic that's really a white guy is emerging in MLB because in the AL the actual white star is disappearing. I checked the top batters in the Sunday paper today and it's pretty dismal. Only two of the top 20 batting averages are white players, Trout of course and Lonnie Chisenhall. That's pretty sad. Only Trout, Brandon Moss, and Josh Donaldson are in the top 10 for homers, none near the lead. The American League has basically Mike Trout as the lone white superstar.

Some white players have virtually disappeared. Josh Hamilton once a perennial MVP candidate is on his second year of no power. Today against the Tigers he struck out, the catcher missed the ball and it went all the way to the backstop and Hamilton just angrily strode to the dugout.

Joe Mauer career .320 hitter is hitting .270 with 2, that's "2" homeruns. Last years home run champ Chris Davis is hitting .199.

I know MLB wants to get rid of all non-white pitchers but do the players have to be so accommodating?

jaxvid, 6 of the top 10 batting leaders in the NL are white and I think 11 of the top 20 are white. I'll check the AL.

1. Tulowitzki .340
2. Adams .316
3. Morneau .312
6. Lucroy .310
8. Goldschmidt .306
10. Blackmon .302

White players all over the pitching stats too!

Currently, white players lead the four major pitching categories, Wins, ERA., SO's and Saves in the NL!

In the AL, white players lead in 2 of the four major pitching categories.

Yes, the AL is bad, but I count 6 white players in the top 21 batting leaders.

6. Chisenhal
10. Trout
16. Kinsler
17. Eaton
18. Markakis
21. Ellsbury

BTW, Trout in a major slump. 4 for his last 26! Hoping he comes out of it soon!

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
Yes, the AL is bad, but I count 6 white players in the top 21 batting leaders.

Jaxvid and Carolina Speed, good points about the American League being less white friendly than the National. But it seems like that's been the case for a while -- at least since the mid-1990's?

Don't forget, a lot of these top Hispanic American League hitters are steroid freaks. We know about Nelson Cruz, Alex Rodriquez and Melky Cabrera for sure -- all have been suspended. Only a total fool would believe David Ortiz, who was once a total scrub with the Twins, isn't purely a creation of steroids. My guess, is he would've been out baseball a decade ago without the "juice".

I would not be surprised if Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols weren't roid users at one time. Same with this black-Cuban rookie from the White Sox, who is one pace for close to 50 HR's this season.

And how about José Bautista of the Blue Jays? 10 years ago, he was a total nobody minor league scrub, thrown into a Mets/Pirates deal for Kris Benson. He didn't hit any homers his first two years in the majors and isn't really big. Suddenly he's a monster slugger, at what appears to be the size of 5' 10" and 195 pounds?

P.S: The Astros called-up Enrique J. Hernandez right after my post last week and have moved him to the outfield.

PamelaOC

Banned
Pujols was definitely on the juice. His consistent .325 average in St. Louis was a result of steroids. His recent .265 hitting in Anaheim is what he's naturally capable of.

Tannehill17

Mentor
My A's go all out by trading Yoenis Cespedes for Jon Lester. Cespedes was a fun player to watch but was a bit overrated like a lot of Latin players tend to be, and his stats really aren't that great. The only thing I don't like about bringing Lester in is that it is clearly a rental deal. Sam Fuld is another player we got back in a trade and has one of the highest OBP in the league. A prototypical Billy Beane player for sure.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
My A's go all out by trading Yoenis Cespedes for Jon Lester. Cespedes was a fun player to watch but was a bit overrated like a lot of Latin players tend to be, and his stats really aren't that great. The only thing I don't like about bringing Lester in is that it is clearly a rental deal. Sam Fuld is another player we got back in a trade and has one of the highest OBP in the league. A prototypical Billy Beane player for sure.

UGH I hate this trade. It takes one of the most over hyped Hispanics in the game and puts him in one of the most popular markets. Red Sox puke Nation gets 50% of the ESPN baseball coverage, the Yankees get the other 50%. This has all the trapping of Manny Ramierez II.

Stupid A's don't need more pitching either. At least they get whiter.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised that there hasn't been discussion about all the trading for pitchers. Detroit gets David Price which was done to match the big deals the A's made.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout and David Freese with RBI's in the first inning of the Los Angeles Angels and Dodgers series first game.

Angels up early in 1st inning 4-0!

PamelaOC

Banned
Some talking heads are speaking of this four-game Angels-Dodgers series as a potential World Series preview. While I think it's a little soon for comments like that, if the Angels and Dodgers do meet in the World Series, it will be one of the biggest Caste matches of all time, with the white-friendly Angels taking on one of the darkest Dodger teams in history. The natural media hype that will surround a Freeway Series could work in our favor should the whiter team win.

Fortitud3

Guru
Soriano booed off the mound by Nats fans. 4-2 lead in the 9th, now its 4-5 with only 1 out.

Michael Taylor also threw the ball weak and off target which helped the Pirates get the lead.

It's a disappointing year this year. I think Trout is the biggest bright spot. Harper's injury has really set him back. Adam Dunn appears ready to throw in the towel on his once superstar career (He was on pace to set the all time HR record before he lost it several years back). Chris Davis fell off a cliff.

The Cardinals just last year were the whitest team in MLB. Now this year, they decide to toss Alan Craig out like trash after he played through injury in the WS for the good of the team. Then they hand non-white Kolten Wong the starting 2b job. Oscar Taveras, another ******* "Hispanic" that doesn't count as 'black', is handed the starting RF spot with Craig's departure. Another mulatto "Hispanic", Jon Jay gets the nod in CF over Peter Borjous, although admittedly Borjous has been abysmal this year. Hispanic Johnny Peralta took over at SS. Suddenly, the Cardinals lineup has 4-5 non-whites in the lineup. Wong, Taveras, Jay, Peralta, Molina.

I've lost interest in watching. Matt Holliday looks like he just doesn't care. He could be an elite player if he did.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Cardinals just last year were the whitest team in MLB. Now this year, they decide to toss Alan Craig out like trash after he played through injury in the WS for the good of the team. Then they hand non-white Kolten Wong the starting 2b job. Oscar Taveras, another ******* "Hispanic" that doesn't count as 'black', is handed the starting RF spot with Craig's departure. Another mulatto "Hispanic", Jon Jay gets the nod in CF over Peter Borjous, although admittedly Borjous has been abysmal this year. Hispanic Johnny Peralta took over at SS. Suddenly, the Cardinals lineup has 4-5 non-whites in the lineup. Wong, Taveras, Jay, Peralta, Molina.

I've lost interest in watching. Matt Holliday looks like he just doesn't care. He could be an elite player if he did.

ks5000, I understand your frustration, however, there are many young and veteran white players having very good seasons, but fall under the radar.

Starting with Trout of course, here are others quietly having all star seasons. Troy Tulowitzki was having an MVP season before getting injured batting .340/ 21 HR's

Veteran Justin Morneau, .317 Avg. leading the league!
Anthony Rizzo, Chi Cubs, 30 HR's 2nd in NL.
Daniel Murphy, NYM leading the NL in hits, 159
LuCroy, Mil., leading the NL in doubles, 44
Paul Goldschmidt, AZ., having a good year, .300/ 19 HR's/69 RBI/39 Doubles, SLG% .542
Aex Gordon, KC .283/16 HR/59 RBI/ 29 Doubles for the first place Royals.
Hunter Pence, SF, 2nd in the NL in Hits/ Triples and Total Bases
Lucas Duda, NYM, 3rd in the NL with 26 HR's
Christian Yelich hitting .290 in his first full season at 22 years old.

Lots of great white pitchers, Kershaw, Bumgarner, Wainwright, Greinke, Strasburg, Lynn, Hamels, etc.

The AL is much bleaker hitting wise, with only Trout, Kinsler, and Dozier among the league leaders.

White AL pitchers fairing much better. Scherzer, Porcello, Kazmir, Sale, and Holland having great seasons.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout becomes just the third MLB player to have two 30-plus HR seasons and five- plus triples through his 22 year old season! The other two were Jimmie Foxx and Frank Robinson.

Fortitud3

Guru
Soriano getting booed again. 9th inning has a 3 run lead to protect and blows it. Thankfully this time its just tied.

Fortitud3

Guru
Soriano nearly craps away another game before Storen comes in and saves the day.

Nationals aren't a contender if they continue to keep this guy in the lineup.