2014 College Football Season Week 3

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
In terms of marquee match ups, there are not too many for Week 3, however, we still have some caste match ups, with BYU playing Houston tonight on ESPN. It's still a huge caste match up, even with BYU's new-found affection with Poly players.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watching Kenny Buyers right now - just made a great place in pass defense. La Tech features Hunter Lee and Trent Taylor at WR as well.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Bills just laid the nail. Intriguing safety prospect!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jesse Palmer is a castewhore extraordinaire - doing his best to say Bills was targeting on a hard clean hit. Bills has made a few eye opening plays so far.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Craig Bills? He's still playing for BYU? I just looked him up and sure enough he is. Cool deal! The missions the Mormons go on make it possible for them to play over a long period of time, interrupted of course. He was there the last time I watched BYU in person. Jesse Palmer makes me want to throw a digital brick through the talmudvision and knock him out just to shut him up. I'm glad I don't have BSPN for the fact that I don't have to watch him. When I did get that network, I kept it muted for the games I watched that he worked. The dude sickens me, for real.

Upside

Mentor
Mitch Matthews tangles with some chump DB, then burns him for a TD in the back of the endzone!!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He is terrible Col. Reb, he is doing his best to climb that ladder to become the next Herbstreit. Just spewing out caste speak, hyping and fawning over affletes. I will say that McShay is my most despised BSPN propagandist. I'd punch him in the face if given the chance.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gunner Kiel looks like a man on a mission. This is by far the best QB performance I have seen so far this season. :clap2:

DWF Upside

Mentor
Leonardfan I completely agree. It's only one half of football but this guy is a complete freak of nature. He's firing bullets all over the field and even "trucked a linebacker" for ****s and giggles on a good run. Really excited to see how the media handles this one.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Gunner Kiel looks like a man on a mission. This is by far the best QB performance I have seen so far this season. :clap2:
Yes, indeed. WR Max Morrison had 4 catches for 51 yards and a TD. Hopefully he can link up with Kiel many times this season.

In the other game, Bryce Petty had his usual stellar performance. 23/34 for 416 and 4 TDs to 0 INTs. A good night for our quarterback prospects.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yes, indeed. WR Max Morrison had 4 catches for 51 yards and a TD. Hopefully he can link up with Kiel many times this season.

In the other game, Bryce Petty had his usual stellar performance. 23/34 for 416 and 4 TDs to 0 INTs. A good night for our quarterback prospects.

I posted about it in the WR thread, but in the Baylor game as well, a white WR for Baylor, Lynx Hawthorne, had a stellar game himself - 7 catches for 123 yards and 2 TDs!!

I couldn't believe what I just heard on College Gameday - Herbstreit and Desmond Howard just said that Michael Brewer was better than Logan Thomas!! Desmond even said that Brewer "had a moxy that Logan Thomas didn't give them, and he's the reason why he picked Va. Tech over Ohio State."

TwentyTwo

Master
Tailback Nick Holley (Kent St.) had a nice 20 yard run vs the Buckeyes today...too bad the game is not going very well. Did not see his name in the previews...his brother Nate is a starting safety.

Craig Bills was a laying some slobberknockers!

Taysom Hill with a 150+ yards rushing vs Houston has been at least in the conversation for Heisman...

La Tech WR's Hunter Lee & Trent Taylor each sored TD's

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tailback Nick Holley (Kent St.) had a nice 20 yard run vs the Buckeyes today...too bad the game is not going very well. Did not see his name in the previews...his brother Nate is a starting safety.

Taysom Hill with a 150+ yards rushing vs Houston has been at least in the conversation for Heisman...

BSPN is doing its best to control the heisman by only hyping up blacks and Mariota. It is early in the season so hopefully Mariota loses and Winston continues his average play. Hill and Petty should easily be in the conversation.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

Just checked the Kent State depth chart for this week after you mentioned him... and Nick Holley is indeed Kent State's starting RB!! :D

Some more good news, Virginia Tech has a second white starter on defense with OLB Derek Di Nardo!!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Unbelievable - I've been watching the Virginia Tech - East Carolina game, and some black WR (#1) for Virginia Tech has managed to drop about 4-5 passes THIS HALF!! He's been beyond horrible, dropping a TD, and a pass right on his chest. He did manage to catch a TD just now though that anybody's grandmother could've caught, so I guess all is forgiven, and his drops are gonna be chalked up to his youth, like the announcers have been trying to do. If that were a white WR that's dropped that many balls, he'd have been out of the game, and the announcers would be destroying him right now.

Also, Brewer's OL is going to get him killed one of these times. They've been pretty bad today.

seattlefan

Guru
Virginia Tech, the team that upset Urban Meyer's Ohio State Blackeyes, falls to EAST CAROLINA. Ha ha ha.

TwentyTwo

Master
QB C.J. Brown (Maryland) 161 yards rushing including a 75 yard TD(Need a GIF for that!)...241 yards passing & TD

QB Shane Carden passed for 427 yards & 3 TD's + TD rushing

WR-Matt Miller 5 rec 74 yards... 2 TD's

Speedster Devon Allen with another TD....

1st Half Bo Hines 2-69...including a long of 56 yards

RB Zac Laskey 17 carries for 80 yards

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
QB C.J. Brown (Maryland) 161 yards rushing including a 75 yard TD(Need a GIF for that!)...241 yards passing & TD

QB Shane Carden passed for 427 yards & 3 TD's + TD rushing

WR-Matt Miller 5 rec 74 yards... 2 TD's

Speedster Devon Allen with another TD....

1st Half Bo Hines 2-69...including a long of 56 yards

RB Zac Laskey 17 carries for 80 yards
Good stuff.

I noticed that Bowling Green "upset" Indiana. Jr wr Ryan Burbrink had 6 catches for 80 yards and a touchdown. However, Gehrig Dieter the SMU transfer only had 7 yards on 3 catches. After a big first week of 78 yards, he's laid eggs in back to back weeks.

Max McCaffrey, the Duke wr, is leading the way in their thrashing of Caste Kansas. Max has 7 catches for 79 yards with 2 scores. Look for the junior to break out this year.....not that it matters as Conner Vernon was royally screwed in his NFL pursuits.

Miami's White receiver (that is very weird to write), Braxton Barrios, just scored a TD. He's got 3 catches for 44 yards.

Mark Weisman leading the way for Iowa and has a touchdown but his yards per carry are unimpressive.

Only halftime and Daniel Braverman of Western Michigan is having a huge game!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Stanford wide out Devon Cajuste with 3 touchdowns in the romp over Army. :clap2:

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
As mentioned last week, it's really weird actually cheering for Tennessee (8-9 white starters to the Sooners' 3-4), but they're severely over matched tonight. Josh Smith has had a good catch, but the Sooner defense is swarming all over Worley right now.

Edit: The Vols' super athletic defense can't cover or tackle to save their lives. They only have a couple good players that I've seen thus far in AJ Johnson, and of course, their white DT Danny O'Brien has to be good to be a white starter on defense for an SEC team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Franklin's ineptness at building an offense around Hackenberg is astounding. Hackenberg excels in the pro style offense, not the gimmicky spread they are trying to get him run. They also need to get back to the power run game with Zwinak. I really wish O'Brien stuck around for Penn St. He was on the verge of building a great program.

At least Rutgers hispanic/black swirl Gary Nova has already thrown 2 ints.

Stevo

At my parents house for dinner, Dad has the UCLA-Texas game on. I don't know how much of this coalfest I will be able to handle.

Caught some of the Iowa-Iowa State game at the gym today. Ended on a pretty exciting note and good to see an upset. From what I saw in between sets and being on the treadmill both teams seemed fairly white. Seemed Iowa had majority white team. It is a shame they lost, they seem like the whitest team in the Big Ten this year to get behind. At least this was a non-conference game. They are going to have to shape up if they have a prayer against teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State etc.

davidholly

Mentor
Franklin's ineptness at building an offense around Hackenberg is astounding. Hackenberg excels in the pro style offense, not the gimmicky spread they are trying to get him run. They also need to get back to the power run game with Zwinak. I really wish O'Brien stuck around for Penn St. He was on the verge of building a great program.

At least Rutgers hispanic/black swirl Gary Nova has already thrown 2 ints.

I'm really pissed at the Penn State situation. If O'Brien had known the NCAA sanctions were about to be lifted I believe he would have stayed in Penn State. Even then if O'brien still left I think there would have been much more competition for that coaching position.