2014 Coach Firings

dwid

Hall of Famer
Bo Pelini is out at Nebraska: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11958376/nebraska-cornhuskers-fire-bo-pelini

I guess having a scattershot black quarterback doesn't always ensure job security. It will be interesting to see who Nebraska hires. I hope they go back to a run heavy or pro style offense.

Muschamp out at Florida who also has a scattershot black quarterback.
damn he was the last guy at a major program to start a White at halfback I believe, we have some in the MAC but they don't get any recognition.

He was also coaching at LSU when they had Hester, although he was on defense, just odd that on two teams with White starters at halfback, even rarer than one team with a White starter. Not sure why he decided to go black quarterback, maybe pressure from boosters

the thing is, Nebraska's black quarterback knew he couldn't pass well, he called himself a throwing runningback. They shouldve just had the same offense Tommy Frazier ran (although Crouch and Frost ran it better imo)

Last Wednesday UVa's athletic director Craig Littlepage announced that Mike 'Marvin Lewis' London would not be fired. This came two days prior to Coach London losing his fifth game in a row to Va Tech, and completing UVa's third losing season in a row.

I understand the financial consequences UVa would suffer if they released London, but.. c'mon. Not so long ago, Virginia was a perennial top 20 program.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Last Wednesday UVa's athletic director Craig Littlepage announced that Mike 'Marvin Lewis' London would not be fired. This came two days prior to Coach London losing his fifth game in a row to Va Tech, and completing UVa's third losing season in a row.

I understand the financial consequences UVa would suffer if they released London, but.. c'mon. Not so long ago, Virginia was a perennial top 20 program.

UVA under Al Groh was a respectable program. He actually recruited and played a decent number of white players.

Brady Hoke is another one to watch. I had high hopes that he would dump Devin Gardner and invest in Shane Morris as the stating QB. He didn't and he is now on the hot seat.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Chad Morris will be the next coach at SMU. Granted it's not a big time program but this hiring doesn't bode well for white players in the state of Texas. Morris has been the OC under that caste clown negrophiliac Dabo Swinney at Clemson. I am sure SMU will become another black QB only school.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brady Hoke fired - another coach losing his
job due to a scattershot arm quoataback

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Good! Had high hopes for him.replacing bitch rod but he proves to be bitch made as well. Doesn't have enough stones to replace a clearly ineffective Gardner!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Chad Morris will be the next coach at SMU. Granted it's not a big time program but this hiring doesn't bode well for white players in the state of Texas. Morris has been the OC under that caste clown negrophiliac Dabo Swinney at Clemson. I am sure SMU will become another black QB only school.

SMUs had a rough path since losing Line to the pros. It seemed June Jones had them on the up and up but he retired mid season.. old age? Idk regardless I think we're all going to.hate this casteclown Morris.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
SMUs had a rough path since losing Line to the pros. It seemed June Jones had them on the up and up but he retired mid season.. old age? Idk regardless I think we're all going to.hate this casteclown Morris.

Its interesting that Morris did not get a bigger
job than smu. I am guessing that it will just be a stepping stone to an sec job. Jones just gave up on the team this season. The turnaround he made at Smu was pretty astounding.

I thought hoke was going to implement a pro style
offense at michigan. He seemed to be going that direction when he recruited Shane Morris but he refused to just cut his ties with Gardner (who all the media experts said was a perfect fit for that offense and going to be a 1st round pick back in 2013). I still get a laugh at that.

It sounds like Jim mcelwain is the front runner for the Florida job. He did blacken up the Colorado st defense so that wouldn't change in the sec but his background is in a pro style offense so if he is hired he may at least bring white qbs with him to a big time SEC program.

Riddlewire

Master
It sounds like Jim mcelwain is the front runner for the Florida job. He did blacken up the Colorado st defense so that wouldn't change in the sec but his background is in a pro style offense so if he is hired he may at least bring white qbs with him to a big time SEC program.

Yeah, McElwain to Florida is harmless. They're already one of the blackest teams in the country. There's really nothing any coach could do to make them worse. Although I bet Charlie Strong would find a way...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

Hoke deserved to get fired but the local media was pushing and pushing for it to happen RIGHT NOW!! I think they should have waited a week at least. The team has their big post season banquet and for a lot of college kids it's all about the coach. What a downer that bust is going to be. Furthermore UM could have saved $1 million if they waiting until Jan. 1 till firing him. I think $1 million is worth the wait. They won't have a coach available until then if not later. But people thought it was cruel to let him "twist in the wind" although for the millions he will get for being fired I don't get that its all that big a deal. The media just wants to stir the pot and get the next hot story going so they can generate some buzz. Now they can complain that UM acted too quickly and every story will be about how long it takes them to get a replacement.

Jim Harbaugh figures largely in this story with his history at UM and his seemingly upcoming availability. I don't think it will happen unless Harbaugh really wants it. But it's a possibility.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mcelwain has been hired as Florida's next coach. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the black quarterback trap.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oregon State coach Mike Riley has been hired as Nebraska's next head coach.

Honestly this is somewhat of a bizarre hire. Riley is an older coach, was pretty successful at Oregon st. but never overly dominant. The good news is that he runs a pro style type of offense. His teams were never overly white but pretty good in caste terms.

I dunno, it just seems like an odd hire from a logical standpoint. I think from a caste standpoint it's a push at this point. Hopefully he recruits the Overlooked Midwestern white kids like he recruited polys on the west coast.

edit: I will say his temperament is the total opposite of Bo pelini's so I am sure that had something to do with it.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Honestly this is somewhat of a bizarre hire. Riley is an older coach, was pretty successful at Oregon st. but never overly dominant. The good news is that he runs a pro style type of offense. His teams were never overly white but pretty good in caste terms.

I dunno, it just seems like an odd hire from a logical standpoint. I think from a caste standpoint it's a push at this point. Hopefully he recruits the Overlooked Midwestern white kids like he recruited polys on the west coast.

edit: I will say his temperament is the total opposite of Bo pelini's so I am sure that had something to do with it.

I agree. I'm pretty sure getting a coach that wouldn't trash the fans and lose his cool on the field was a big priority for the AD. Nebraska fired Bo for winning only 9 games every year, and he hadn't lost more than 4 games a year, whereas Riley has lost 4+ games every year.

I also concur on the caste standpoint. Bo really blackened up the defense, so we shouldn't see much of a change there, but at least Riley always has good white QBs, and has given a few white WR's chances over the years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
David Beaty has been hired to be the Kansas head coach. He was with the Jayhawks as part of Mangin's staff. Mangino seemed to be a fairly white friendly coach from what I recall. Kerri Meier, Jake Sharp and Todd Reesing were all big parts of their success.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Houston has named urban meyer disciple tom Herman their coach. Look for lots of black quarterbacks to be recruited to houston.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Houston's been a dark team since I can remember. Who could forget the great bust Andre Ware?! O'Korn needs to transfer asap.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Houston's been a dark team since I can remember. Who could forget the great bust Andre Ware?! O'Korn needs to transfer asap.

Okorn got screwed over. I am glad that Levine lost his job after rolling all the dice on a black quarterback.

Claimjumper

Mentor
Colorado State just went back and did it again, hiring an SEC guy. This time they've hired Georgia OC Mike Bobo. Word is he was one of the teams recruiting gurus so expect him to continue where McElwain left off in darkening the team, though the bulldogs did always seem to have a couple more whites than the average SEC team

One thing he has going for him is that the QB's under him were all white and pretty darn good (Aaron Murray, Matthew Stafford, David Greene)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Haurbaugh to Michigan is official. He will have Shane Morris and some white qbs hoke recruited. It will be interesting to see if they remain committed.
They also have quite a few white linebackers and oline men committed.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Haurbaugh to Michigan is official. He will have Shane Morris and some white qbs hoke recruited. It will be interesting to see if they remain committed.
They also have quite a few white linebackers and oline men committed.

I think his Michigan teams will look more like his Stanford teams than his 49er teams. Even though he did put Kaepernick in instead of Smith, he did draft Chris Borland, signed and gave some playing time to Craig Dahl and Dan Skuta; Justin Smith was his best DL, and also used Bruce Miller a lot in his game plan from what I saw.