2013 Draft

Shadowlight

Master
The NBA is hard to figure out these days and pretty tough to watch. Too many football builds for one. The 2013 draft has some interesting big men that will go in the first round like Cody Zeller and Mason Plumlee, both very athletic. The latest rumour/buzz is that Maryland center Alex Len might go number one to Cleveland. He has a HUGE upside and that would be great if he gets the nod. I actually would pick him number one but I'm no expert. When I watched him play in college he seemed to have a lot of untapped explosion to his game.
As for next year keep an eye on Mario Hezonja a 6'6" explosive leaper from Serbia. He is expected to be a top ten pick and it it would be nice to see athletic white guys who are under 6'9" make some noise. Too often the only white guys anyone pays attention to are the big guys.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The NBA is hard to figure out these days and pretty tough to watch. Too many football builds for one. The 2013 draft has some interesting big men that will go in the first round like Cody Zeller and Mason Plumlee, both very athletic. The latest rumour/buzz is that Maryland center Alex Len might go number one to Cleveland. He has a HUGE upside and that would be great if he gets the nod. I actually would pick him number one but I'm no expert. When I watched him play in college he seemed to have a lot of untapped explosion to his game.
As for next year keep an eye on Mario Hezonja a 6'6" explosive leaper from Serbia. He is expected to be a top ten pick and it it would be nice to see athletic white guys who are under 6'9" make some noise. Too often the only white guys anyone pays attention to are the big guys.

Word is that Herzonja is a Drazen Petrovic clone. If that's true, we are in for a treat. Petrovic was one of the best guards to ever play the game and had his career not been cut so short he would have put up incredible numbers. He could have potentially had a couple of 30 ppg seasons.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I can't believe the caste ma$ters are predicting that one dimensional toothpick Noel as #1. The guy is a sub-par scorer, average rebounder and is rail thin at 6'9 220. :thumbdown:

Shadowlight

Master
Yes nice to see. I made a mistake. Hejonza is a Croat not Serbian wanted to clear that up.
Word is that Herzonja is a Drazen Petrovic clone. If that's true, we are in for a treat. Petrovic was one of the best guards to ever play the game and had his career not been cut so short he would have put up incredible numbers. He could have potentially had a couple of 30 ppg seasons.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
My interest in hoops these days has shifted to 90% college, 5% Timberwolves and 5% remaining White players suffering in the NBA. This year there are quite a few highly talented Whites athletes I've enjoyed watching coming out of the college ranks. My main concern, just like the NFL draft, is not IF a guy gets drafted but BY WHOM he gets drafted. That is the key to success. For example Miles Plumlee was drafted in the middle of the 1st round by the Pacers but has been a bench ornament only getting into a few games. On the flip side, Chandler Parsons was drafted by the Rockets in the early 2nd round but has been giving a chance to play and develop. He now starts at SF and averages 15 ppg and seems to be only getting better. Let's hope the few Whites that get drafted get Chandler's fortune instead of Miles'.

Definite 1st rounders:
Alex Len, 7'-1", Center, Maryland (born in the Ukraine)
Cody Zeller, 7'-0", C/PF, Indiana
Mason Plumlee, 6'-11", PF, Duke
Kelly Olynyk, 7'-0", C, Gonzaga
Steven Adams, 7'-0", C, Pittsburgh (New Zealander who is not fully White, root for at own discretion)

Possible 1st rounders:
Jeff Withey, 7'-0", C, Kansas
Sergey Karasev, 6'-7", SG/SF, Russia
Nate Wolters, 6'-5", PG, South Dakota State

Probable 2nd rounders:
Mike Muscala, 6'-11", PF/C, Bucknell
Ryan Kelly, 6'-11", PF, Duke
Alex Albrines, 6'-6", SG, Spain
Eric Murphy, 6'-10", PF, Florida
Colton Iverson, 7'-0", C, Colorado St
Matthew Dellavedova, 6'-4", PG, St Mary's (Australian)
assortment of Euros who may or may not get drafted and most likely won't come over.

My favorite player of the lot is Wolters. A White, American born point guard is the rarest of bred so he'll be the one player I'll choose to succeed over the rest.

Lastly, after looking through many mock drafts I noticed an array of "European" negros expected to get drafted. This really grinds my gears. A negro from Germany and a negro from Greece may both go in the 1st round. :mad2: As can be expected a few black "Frenchman" may get drafted as well.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes nice to see. I made a mistake. Hejonza is a Croat not Serbian wanted to clear that up.
good thing no Croatians or Serbians that I know of on this site hehe. They take that stuff pretty seriously. They seem to hate each other. I always mess with my friend who is "Serbian" (his grandmother is Croatian but apparently that doesn't count)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This draft is very white friendly. I just hope that we don't see too many of our guys get screwed over and not picked like what happens in the nfl draft on a yearly basis. I think Cody Zeller is going to be a solid player for many years to come. I do like Wolters along with several others. Plumlee just may end up in the dunk contest someday.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So far we have Zeller going 4th to Charlotte and Alex Lin goes 5th in the first round to Phoenix. Let's see what else develops as we continue
to move forward with the draft.

The announcers said the Cody Zeller had the highest vertical leap of any big man in the whole draft at 39 inches and he had the highest standing vertical leap ever at 351/2 inches. Wow is this kid athletic. White men can jump but of course we know that here.:grin:

Old Scratch

Mentor
Minnesota traded their 9th pick selection (Trey Burke) to Utah for the picks 14 and 21. I was hoping they'd trade Hayward :biggrin:

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Old Scratch! I was hoping that Hayward would go there too. Anyway, Nick Collison now has someone to hang out with. Steven Adams to OKC with the 12th pick, becoming the third white player to go off the board.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I actually think Wolters and Whitney should be ranked higher. Wolters was a terrific scorer who reminds me Of Stef Curry, and Whitney is as good of a shot blocker as Noel is.

MiamiHeatFan

Arsalan Kazemi (2nd round to Washington) is the first Iranian player drafted in the NBA.

Shabazz Muhammad, an African American player who has zero marketablility because of his muslim name.

Only people I hate more than blacks is Muslims.

MiamiHeatFan

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...-discrimination-rice-ad-170110846--ncaab.html

Report: Arsalan Kazemi alleged racial discrimination from Rice AD in transfer to Oregon

...racial discrimination he said he endured for three years from the athletic director at Rice University.

Kazemi is Muslim.Kazemi told the NCAA that when talking with a teammate in Arabic, Greenspan asked if they were having an "Al-Qaeda meeting."

Kazemi said in his waiver request that Greenspan told Morcos to "recruit more terrorists"

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
If i heard correct Nate Wolters to Milwaukee. Thats a good spot for him!

*However Milwaukee's first round pick at 15 was a dark "Greek" player who averaged 9pts and 5 rebs in a weak ass league.. C'mon that's pathetic so many more qualified players in the states. They look like their in rebuild mode but got great value in the 2nd round. I'd love to see Wolters take Deniis Schroeder 1on1.

rajuncajun

Guru
A very white friendly draft!

19 White guys drafted out of 60 which is a solid 30%. This in a league that has trended to be below 20% on each roster. Here are the picks:
Round One
Zeller Bobcats
Len Suns
Adams OKC
Olynyk Celtics
Karasev Cavs
Plumlee Nets
Nedovic Warriors

Round Two
Abrines OKC
Wolters Sixers
Withey Portland
Muscala Hawks
Neto Hawks
Kelly Lakers
Murphy Bulls
Iverson Celtics
Dubljevic T-Wolves
Timma Memphis

Good to see the Celtics moving toward a more white friendly roster!

Shadowlight

Master
Not too bad

Zeller I really like tremendous speed and quickness, Michael Jordan finally woke up., Len could be a true monster. Olynyk has nice skills and so does Russian Karasev. Plumlee is a lot of fun and very explosive if a bit raw--Chris Anderson type. Nedovic what a nice surprise. Great speed and leaper and he squeezed into first round. 2nd round will have to see I think this Timma is an athlete not sure will find out. Wolters hard to say at this point but could be a good backup.
19 White guys drafted out of 60 which is a solid 30%. This in a league that has trended to be below 20% on each roster. Here are the picks:
Round One
Zeller Bobcats
Len Suns
Adams OKC
Olynyk Celtics
Karasev Cavs
Plumlee Nets
Nedovic Warriors

Round Two
Abrines OKC
Wolters Sixers
Withey Portland
Muscala Hawks
Neto Hawks
Kelly Lakers
Murphy Bulls
Iverson Celtics
Dubljevic T-Wolves
Timma Memphis

Good to see the Celtics moving toward a more white friendly roster!