2013-14 NBA Regular Season

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in addition to being an under-appreciated versatile talent, Mike Dunleavy is one tough rascal.

Chicago Bulls forward Mike Dunleavy took one of the most painful charges in recent NBA history Thursday night against the Houston Rockets.

Dunleavy stood his ground against hard-charging Rockets forward Chandler Parsons and took an inadvertent elbow to the face.

The Bulls' medical staff immediately took Dunleavy back to the locker room for stitches and a checkup, per TNT reporter Rachel Nichols.

Not only did he come back, but he scored 18 points in the third quarter, finishing with 21 points, seven rebounds and two assists in a 111-87 win.

[video=youtube;Sa6muEKcfMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa6muEKcfMY[/video]

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow tough play by Dunleavy. He's having one of the best years of his career

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Bulls have become one of the teams to root for in the east since they start two whites in Hinreich and Dunleavy. They also traded for Jimmer Fredette although he has barely played. I'm still happy he has a chance to at least go to the playoffs before he becomes a free agent. Mike Dunleavy is as tough as nails. What a game by this white warrior.

The Twolves are trailing by 12 at the half but Kevin Love has 18 points in the first half. Hoping they can come back and that Love can have around a 40 point game!

Claimjumper

Mentor
some self hating white libtard made a faux "ESPN 30 for 30" promo mocking former nba player Brian Scalbrine (and basically white players in general imo)
[video=youtube;8kRq7K-xHDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kRq7K-xHDM[/video]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It wasn't pretty but the Twolves beat the Kings by two points today. Kevin Love had 26 points and 10 rebounds. Rubio played good and even Robbie Hummel got significant minutes for the first time in months. As they say a win is a win. Theh have a huge week playing Houston, Dallas and Phoenix. Dallas and Phoenix are two of the three teams they are trying to catch.

Dallas won again today behind 17 points from Dirk Nowitzki. The Suns won today too. Dragic scored 19 points in the victory.

Golden State is playing tonight.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
After a slow NBA evening last night, there's a lot of action tonight including Minnesota at Dallas, where Nowitzki only has to average 17.1 the rest of the season to become the 10th all time leading scorer and is 6 boards from reaching 9,500 for his career!

Also..Orlando at Phoenix, Utah at Memphis, and San Antonio at LA Lakers.

Last nights top performances.....

Lee, 20/10
Gortat, 19/14
Pachulia, 17/13/3 asts.
Valanciunas, 16/5
Korver, 16
Vucevic, 16
Hawes, 11/9/3 asts.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Rubio great 1st quarter, 6/4/7 assists and 2 steals, Love 13 points as Minnesota is whipping Dallas early! Nowitzki only 2 points. Pekovic not playing for Minnesota.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a game. Been gone all day and most of the night but go watch the hilites guys. Minnesota beat Dallas in Double Overtime to win the game 123-122! Rubio had a triple double and Love was amazing as always scoring 35 points to go with his 8 rebounds. Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points for the Mavs but his last second shot was in and out. One of the most enjoyable games of the whole season. Way to go Twolves! Now they need to beat the Suns later this week. All of these games are a must win to gain ground on the teams ahead of them!

Where are you at carolinaspeed? I know you had to see the whole game! I love it.:becky:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
What a game. Been gone all day and most of the night but go watch the hilites guys. Minnesota beat Dallas in Double Overtime to win the game 123-122! Rubio had a triple double and Love was amazing as always scoring 35 points to go with his 8 rebounds. Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points for the Mavs but his last second shot was in and out. One of the most enjoyable games of the whole season. Way to go Twolves! Now they need to beat the Suns later this week. All of these games are a must win to gain ground on the teams ahead of them!

Where are you at carolinaspeed? I know you had to see the whole game! I love it.:becky:

Yeah, it was a great game right up until I fell asleep. I'm getting old I guess.:icon_grin: I'll try to catch the highlights on BSPN, if I can stomach it!
Don't forget, Minnesota at Houston tonight!

Last nights top performances....Nikola Vucevic ejected in the Orl/Phx game!

Love, 35/8/3 ast.
Nowitzki, 27/3
Rubio, 22/10/15 ast./4 stls.
Barea, 15/5/4
P. Gasol, 22/10/6/ 4 blks.
Kelly, 14/6
M, Gasol, 20/10/3 ast./4 blks.
Dragic, 18/6 ast.
Hayward, 16/5/5
Kanter, 12/12
Dunleavy, 15/4/4
Hansbrough, 10 boards
Mason Plumlee. 11/7/2 stls. in 18 mins.
Miles Plumlee, 10/9
Ginobili, 13/6
Splitter, 10/8
Mozgov, 11/9

Pretty good night overall for our guys! I hate I missed the end of the Minnesota/Dallas game.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It can happen to the best of us C.S. That was Ricky Rubios third triple double of his career last night. Amazing stat. Hope he can get up his fine play as Houston and Phoenix are the next two games and they will be very difficult to pull out the wins.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Minnesota 33 Houston 27, end of the first. Love 14/2/4 assts. Pekovic out again!

Well Minnesota couldn't hang on against the Rockets, getting beat 129-106.

Love, 29/6/5/2 blks. in 29 minutes. He didn't play the entire 4th quarter! I hope he's not injured.
Chandler Parsons played well. 19/9/5/2 stls.

Hawes, CLE., 20/3/3
Dellavedova, CLE., 11/10 assists

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well Minnesota couldn't hang on against the Rockets, getting beat 129-106.

Love, 29/6/5/2 blks. in 29 minutes. He didn't play the entire 4th quarter! I hope he's not injured.
Chandler Parsons played well. 19/9/5/2 stls.

Hawes, CLE., 20/3/3
Dellavedova, CLE., 11/10 assists

I think the reason they kept Love out was because it was a blowout. The Rockets were up by around 20 and there was no reason to get your star player hurt. Tough loss as the 3rd quarter sealed their fate. The Twolves just looked flat the entire second half.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I think the reason they kept Love out was because it was a blowout. The Rockets were up by around 20 and there was no reason to get your star player hurt. Tough loss as the 3rd quarter sealed their fate. The Twolves just looked flat the entire second half.

You're probably right wl. I hope so anyway......David Lee with 22 points last night and 11 rebounds/3 assists. He shot 9 of 11 from the field!

I amazed that Lee can still score 20 a game with Thompson and Curry taking half of Golden States shots almost every game! A tribute to the great player Lee really is.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Nowitzki, 21 points....26,510, exactly 201 points from 10th all time with 12 games left!
Dragic 20/5/5
Mason Plumlee, 18/5/3 in 2 mins., Brooklyn is 10-3 when Plumlee starts!
Scola, 19/6
Belinelli, 17
P. Gasol, 14/14/5
Ginobili, 14/3
Gortat, 13/13/5 blks.
M. Gasol, 14/6
Splittter, 11/11
Valanciuanas, 13 boards

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With Minnesota chances getting slimmer by the day, I am trying to figure out who I would rather have make the playoffs, Phoenix or Dallas. I have to go with Phoenix just because they start two of our guys and have another key player off the bench. I will root for Dallas or Phoenix in the playoffs though along with several other teams.

Dirk is getting close to the historic Top Ten All Time Leading Scorers in Nba History! I love it. Thanks for the update CS. Minnesota plays the Suns tommorow in what should be a very entertaining game.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nowitzki, 21 points....26,510, exactly 201 points from 10th all time with 12 games left!
Dragic 20/5/5
Mason Plumlee, 18/5/3 in 2 mins., Brooklyn is 10-3 when Plumlee starts!
Scola, 19/6
Belinelli, 17
P. Gasol, 14/14/5
Ginobili, 14/3
Gortat, 13/13/5 blks.
M. Gasol, 14/6
Splittter, 11/11
Valanciuanas, 13 boards

Thanks Carolina! You really are on top of these things. I will be honest, I wouldn't care for the NBA if it weren't for you and WL.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Thanks Carolina! You really are on top of these things. I will be honest, I wouldn't care for the NBA if it weren't for you and WL.

I second that wholeheartedly! Great job men on these updates. I hate that the Wolves cant seem to compete with the real affroletes.

By the way great avatar whiteathlete33. Loved Petro as a kid.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I second that wholeheartedly! Great job men on these updates. I hate that the Wolves cant seem to compete with the real affroletes.

By the way great avatar whiteathlete33. Loved Petro as a kid.

I owe it all to Caste Football and everyone here! For it hadn't been for CF, I wouldn't have been able to connect with men like white lightning and the rest of the guys here that have given me the energy to research and report on the NBA as well as other sports. We have so many great posters here, it's truly amazing!

I can't get to the NBA every night and I don't know how long I can keep doing it, but I'm trying.

The encouragement means a lot, thanks to everyone on CF!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not the best night in the NBA, but here's this evening's best so far......

Tyler Zeller, 23/6/2 ast.
Vucevic, 16/13/5 ast./2 stls.
Parsons, 16/4/6 ast./2 blks.
Dellavedova, 14/6/10 ast.
Hayward, 14/2/6 ast.
Kanter, 11/11
Miller, 13/6
M. Gasol, 10/9/2 blks.
Luke Babbit, 11/2/2.. not great numbers, however he did start tonight for NO.
Asik, 9/9

Splitter 10/5, playing well early for SA. against Golden State, Bogut 9 boards and Lee, 6/3 at the half!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not the best night in the NBA, but here's this evening's best so far......

Tyler Zeller, 23/6/2 ast.
Vucevic, 16/13/5 ast./2 stls.
Parsons, 16/4/6 ast./2 blks.
Dellavedova, 14/6/10 ast.
Hayward, 14/2/6 ast.
Kanter, 11/11
Miller, 13/6
M. Gasol, 10/9/2 blks.
Luke Babbit, 11/2/2.. not great numbers, however he did start tonight for NO.
Asik, 9/9

Splitter 10/5, playing well early for SA. against Golden State, Bogut 9 boards and Lee, 6/3 at the half!

Splitter finished with 17/14/3 ast. as SA whipped GS. 99-90
Belinelli, 15/3/3

Lee, 13/7
Bogut, 17 rebounds and 4 blocks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was the same sad story that we have seen all year long from the Twolves. They blew what was once a 22 point lead to the Suns. A team they need to catch. They were at home and they blew it. Missed opportunities just like all season long. It's a damn shame as this team has the talent but finds ways to lose the close games time after time. Kevin Love was sensational though. He had 36 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists. One assist shy again of a triple double. He only has one triple double in his whole career. It's amazing to me how many times he has been 1 assist short. So it was a double let down. Kiss the playoffs goodbye and another could be triple double goodbye. Oh well. As they say, there is always next year. That is if they can keep Love in Minnesota.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It was the same sad story that we have seen all year long from the Twolves. They blew what was once a 22 point lead to the Suns. A team they need to catch. They were at home and they blew it. Missed opportunities just like all season long. It's a damn shame as this team has the talent but finds ways to lose the close games time after time. Kevin Love was sensational though. He had 36 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists. One assist shy again of a triple double. He only has one triple double in his whole career. It's amazing to me how many times he has been 1 assist short. So it was a double let down. Kiss the playoffs goodbye and another could be triple double goodbye. Oh well. As they say, there is always next year. That is if they can keep Love in Minnesota.

Yeah wl, I just got home. Been with relatives all day. Just came home and checked the score. Another disappointment. It's hard to say what causes these guys to blow leads. Not having Pekovic hurts some and also I saw where Budinger didn't play either. Yes another nice game for the NBA MVP.....

Love, 36/14/9 ast./2 stls.
Rubio, 19/9/4/3 stls.
Dragic, 18/3/6 ast.

Valanciunas, TOR. 13/13

Brooklyn at Dallas tonight as Nowitzki continues his march up the all time scoring list. Interested to see if Plumlee continues his good play with Brooklyn!

Vucevic and Orlando in LA tonight against the Lakers.