2012 UDFA Thread

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Michigan State's Keith Nichol gets shot with Washington Redskins, hopes 'football IQ' can help him earn N.F.L. roster spot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Michigan State's Keith Nichol gets shot with Washington Redskins, hopes 'football IQ' can help him earn N.F.L. roster spot.

I saw that article, haha. If "football IQ" was a genuinely used criterion, the NFL would look a lot like the NHL.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Packers sign NT Randy Colling and DE Drew Vanderlin who draftdaddy compared to a D2 JJ Watt type player.

JK Schaeffer,Joe Holland, Noah Keller,Brian Hendricks and Andrew Sweat were all huge snubs at LB..
Andrew has decided against trying to make the Browns as a UDFA. Here is a story about his choice.

Given today's economy, any recent college grad would consider themselves lucky to have two viable options. Andrew Sweat, former linebacker at Ohio State, does have two options, and he's choosing to be a 1L instead of an LB.
He had a chance to make the Cleveland Browns roster as an undrafted free agent, but instead declared on Twitter that he was heading to law school.

TwentyTwo

Master
CB-Donny Lisowski signs with Seahawks

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2018214686_hawk16.html

Lisowski graduated from O'Dea High School in 2008. He played quarterback and defensive back, wrestled and ran track. Lisowski's speed impressed coach Pete Carroll, who singled him out Sunday after the last of the three practices at the minicamp.
"He was all over the place out here," Carroll said.
Carroll said he knew little regarding Lisowski before the minicamp other than he had been timed very fast at a workout.
"He went out here and made a bunch of plays," Carroll said. "So I was really fired up about him. I think he'll surprise you. I'm anxious to see what he can do on special teams and all kinds of stuff."

Lisowski played at Montana

Riddlewire

Master
Ball State DB Sean Baker to Bucs...for try-out to sign contract...no word yet on WR Briggs Osbon??

Briggs is likely done with football.
borst.jpg

4.0 Student. Married man.
The NFL doesn't deserve him.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Can't believe Brian Peters still hasn't received a camp invite..

dwid

Hall of Famer
Can't believe Brian Peters still hasn't received a camp invite..
White players from Northwestern have very little chance of getting a real shot. Like I have said before, if they were given a chance it would open up the doors for a bunch of White skill position players. Northwestern always has NFL caliber skill position players, whether at linebacker, safety or wide receiver. Eric Peterman got screwed over with 4.4 speed and great agility 6 ft 200 pounds.

Brendan Smith is another NU safety that got screwed over, 6 ft close to 220 pounds with 4.5 speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMwsRzF0vc

There were a few linebackers that I can't think of off the top of my head. Yet these are the players in the NFL from the team

Hopefully Ebert gets a real shot. Zach Strief was a 7th round tackle that finally got a shot. Luis Castillo looks White to me but many don't see him that way, "Dominican" as if that is a race. Kafka is sitting on the bench when he has the talent to start. 2 players at "black positions", we will see if Ebert gets a real chance.

Boise St is simlar in that only black players have a legitimate shot, even though they continually produce great White talent. Shea McCllelin seems to be the rare exception, but I have a feeling he will be screwed. He was best suited for a 3-4 team, or if he was going to play de in a 4-3 then it should have been RDE against smaller Left tackles, instead they are going to put him at LDE while the bigger Freeney stays at RDE. Yeah that makes sense. I guess Freeney isn't good enough to produce on the left side but they expect a smaller guy to do it? Aaron Kampman had no problem lining up as a LDE and getting sacks, Freeney shouldn't either, if he really was as talented as they say.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
according to JJ DiLuigi's cousin (not verified), he is trying out with the Vikings. Horrible spot but hopefully he can showcase his talent and get a roster spot on another team. Hopefully this info is true, still trying to look up the info.

WR Tyler Shoemaker left the Bucs camp a few weeks ago for an unspecified reason. He was replaced by one of my favorite underrated players, Greg Ellingson from Florida International.