2012 Outdoor Track Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lukas Jacubczyk ran a 10.17 in Germany today but the wind was just barely above the legal amount allowed. What a shame. This guy has some tools to work with but just never seems to be consistant. Maybe this race will give him some confidence going forward.

A "Rocket" Ramil Guliyev sighting. He won a race in Turkey today running a 10.35 into a negative 1.8 wind! Good for around 10.23 without the wind. A step forward for sure. I hope this means that he is slowly getting back into racing shape. This guy has so much natural talent. He was born to run so I really look forward to the next several years. It feels like he has been in a timeout for 2-3 years now. Sprinters like any other athletes only have so many years that they are in their prime. Too much time has been wasted already. Let's hope that he can finish the summer with some nice times to build on going into next year!

Aleksandr Brednev of Russia finished a close second to Guliyev with a 10.37 -1.8 so he had a very nice race as well.

Last edited:

greyghost

Mentor
spot on

totally in agreement WL.. the lack of real sprint training in germany is not good ... ie sleds plyos and potentiation weights to track speed training.. the brits are way a head .. the german federation has never enlisted the help of ex DDR trainers or athletes .. emmelmann for example ,, these guys trained with CCCP methodology .. like that of borzov .. west germans still frown on the "ossies" .... there has always been a discrete anti east sentiment.... and it shows to this day ....and before people talk about peds the DDR athletes were some of the most tested track athletes at major comps during the 80s .... and it wasnt as if the establishment were not out to get them !!!.. while lewis and co. ran riot ( got away with doping).... german sprint athletes need real strength training help......

We have talked about this guy before but Spain's Angel David Rodriguez ran a 10.17 100 meters with a + 1.8 wind. He seems to come out of nowhere every year and run a 10.1x and then vanishes. I'm still wondering what has happened to Cerutti, DelGregorio, Guus Hoogmoed ( though he is on the 4x100 relay team ) and Julian Watrin are up to.

white is right

Hall of Famer
We have talked about this guy before but Spain's Angel David Rodriguez ran a 10.17 100 meters with a + 1.8 wind. He seems to come out of nowhere every year and run a 10.1x and then vanishes. I'm still wondering what has happened to Cerutti, DelGregorio, Guus Hoogmoed ( though he is on the 4x100 relay team ) and Julian Watrin are up to.
He had his best season last year as he made the new 3 semi final format for the Worlds. This could be the peak before the decline for him as he is on the other side of 30. He seems to lightly race and stay off the radar until major meets happen. Maybe it's because he isn't a big star so he isn't invited to the Diamond Leauge circuit events.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
totally in agreement WL.. the lack of real sprint training in germany is not good ... ie sleds plyos and potentiation weights to track speed training.. the brits are way a head .. the german federation has never enlisted the help of ex DDR trainers or athletes .. emmelmann for example ,, these guys trained with CCCP methodology .. like that of borzov .. west germans still frown on the "ossies" .... there has always been a discrete anti east sentiment.... and it shows to this day ....and before people talk about peds the DDR athletes were some of the most tested track athletes at major comps during the 80s .... and it wasnt as if the establishment were not out to get them !!!.. while lewis and co. ran riot ( got away with doping).... german sprint athletes need real strength training help......
DDR ex coaches have to train athletes privately as pro coaches. No coach associated with their program will ever get a coaching gig with German federation,the DDR legacy is too tainted for that. Also unlike Graham and other coaches that have lost their credentials when they have been caught supplying athletes with PED's, German coaches can face stiff jail time similar to drug dealers who supply cocaine or heroin.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another nice win today for Aleksander Brednev of Russia. He ran the 200 meters in a new personal best time of 20.57 wind legal. It has been so long since Russia has had any descent male sprinters. Most of the talented guys are force into the army and it just seem as if athletics is not that important. The women are a different story as the Russian Women are outstanding at many event across athletics. Maybe Brednev will spark a revival of sorts for the men. He has a long ways to go from making finals in major competitions but you have to start somewhere. Andrey Yepishin is the last sprinter that had any talent from over there and that was almost a decade ago.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
High Jump

we don't talk nearly enough, in my opinion, about the field events in these threads, or the White athletes who are showcasing the explosive athleticism that they are supposed to not possess ... for example, take a look at the high jump.

White athletes currently hold the top 3 marks in the world, and 6 of the current top ten high jumpers in the world are White men. of course, we in Amerika are told that White men can't jump. apparently these fellows haven't got the message.

#1 man in the world - 2.37 meters - Ivan Ukhov of Russia
ukhov_ivan.jpg

#2 - 2.36 meters - Jesse Williams of USA (he's REALLY overcome caste propaganda)
jesse_williams_3.jpg

#2 - 2.36 meters - Robbie Grabarz of Great Britain
Robbie-Grabarz_2237323b.jpg

Williams and Grabarz set their marks just a couple of days ago, on June 9.

#6 - 2.32 meters - Dimítrios Chondrokoúkis of Greece
Dim%C3%ADtrios_Chondroko%C3%BAkis_Istanbul_2012.jpg

#7 - 2.31 meters - Michael Mason of Canada
7803abbotsfordweb-track-highjump-mason-mike-1-cl-jvp1.jpg

#7 - 2.31 meters - Derek Drouin of Canada
derek-drouin-2010-ncaa-track-field-sRQcDU.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Long Jump

similarly, White athletes are dominating the long jump ... another event in which they are supposed to be completely inadequate. currently, 6 of the top 10 long jumpers in the world are White men. and that number doesn't include longtime CF favorite Mitchell Watt (currently tied for #11) of Australia. perhaps more surprising to the negrophiles in athletics, two Chinese athletes are also among the world's elite. Jinzhe Li is currently tied for #5 man in the world, and just outside the Top 10 is Xiongfeng Su (#11).

a mere 3 of the world's current Top 10 long jumpers are black. how is that possible?!?!

#1 man in the world - 8.35 meters - Greg Rutherford of Great Britain. no one else is close to him at the moment.
greg-rutherford_1683101c.jpg

#3 - 8.27 meters - Henry Frayne of Australia
738010-henry-frayne.jpg

#4 - 8.26 meters - Christian Reif of Germany
1277470355957l.jpg

#5 - 8.25 meters - Sebastian Bayer of Germany
49675_full-lnd.jpg

#9 - 8.22 meters - Luis Rivera of Mexico
thumb-78.jpg

#9 - 8.22 meters - Aleksander Menkov of Russia
Aleksandr+Menkov+13th+IAAF+World+Athletics+UvZv3UXzn0Kl.jpg

Arizona high school junior, Devon Allen, recently ran a slightly wind-aided 10.48 100 meters and a wind-legal 10.49. We know about his 20.75 200 meters which I still think is incredible because he still IS a junior in high school. There is some internet buzz about him playing football at Southern California ( which has not had a white wr since speedy Gary Wellman ) and running track in a couple of years. Being an excellent hurdler as well I would not be surprised this kid becomes a world class decathlete. The sky is the limit.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i could easily compile similar lists of the other field events such as the pole vault, javelin throw, discus, shot put, decathlon, and so on which White men dominate even more completely ... but since blacks simply can't compete in those sports, the Western media completely ignores those athletic events pretending that they're irrelevant. go figure.

i could easily compile similar lists of the other field events such as the pole vault, javelin throw, discus, shot put, decathlon, and so on which White men dominate even more completely ... but since blacks simply can't compete in those sports, the Western media completely ignores those athletic events pretending that they're irrelevant. go figure.
That is a very good point JC. Most top Black Decathletes do well only in the sprints. When it comes to the technical aspects they tend to falter. I still try and make the argument with friends and coworkers that Decathletes are the best athletes in the world, not football and basketball players.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
I still try and make the argument with friends and coworkers that Decathletes are the best athletes in the world, not football and basketball players.

this is completely true. take for example, Trey Hardee who is virtually unknown in the USA, despite his being a two-time former World Champion in the decathlon (2009 and 2011).

Hardee (10.39 100-meters and 21.09 200-meters) is faster than the NFL's Adrian Peterson.
Hardee can literally leap OVER (2.05 meter high jump) the NBA's Lebron James (2.03 meters tall).
Hardee can probably throw farther (68.99 meters in the javelin) than Tom Brady.

yet almost no one, not even the sports media "experts," know who Hardee is. such is the world of the caste system.

mastermulti

Master
More exciting news from Rytis Sakalauskas. He ran a wind legal 10.15 today which is the 3rd fastest time in Europe so far this summer. Lemaitre, Gemelli and now Sakalauskas. Rytis has been on my close watch list for a few years now. He seems to race around this time once or twice a year. It's time for him to take it to another level. His biggest weakness like Christophe is his start. We need to get some better coaching for some of these kids. I think alot of the ones in Europe still train the old fashioned ways. We need more plyos, hill running, bare foot running, and box jumps. Even weighted sled pulls are effective in helping to increase your explosiveness.

Here is to Rytis going sub 10.10 in his next race and maybe getting close to 10.00 flat before the summer ends. You have to believe before you can acheive. We are pulling for you here at castefootball.

He's very useful is Rytis and he appears to be a good racer too. Here's his excellent NR of 10.14 from lat year.
-0.2 wind means that's a basic time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYT5L1JSwcU

mastermulti

Master
That is a very good point JC. Most top Black Decathletes do well only in the sprints. When it comes to the technical aspects they tend to falter. I still try and make the argument with friends and coworkers that Decathletes are the best athletes in the world, not football and basketball players.

to be fair, the TOP black decathletes were pretty well balanced in all disciplines.
Looking historically - Daley Thompson, Dan O'Brien, Bryan Clay were excellent across the range.
The next rung down certainly tend to be speed/jump performers though

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
He's very useful is Rytis and he appears to be a good racer too. Here's his excellent NR of 10.14 from lat year.
-0.2 A means that's a basic time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYT5L1JSwcU

that video brought to mind the other White sprinter who was running in the race, Ronalds Arajs. what has happened with him? he ran a Latvian national record 10.18 last year, but i've not seen/heard anything about him since.

also, i noticed two other things watching the video:
1) the Jamaican acted like he pulled a hamstring when he got beat by the White cat. "weird," huh? *smirk*
2) the two White sprinters celebrated together, but none of the blacks had anything to say to them at all. this isn't uncommon.

on a related note, although it's not from a track meet, i watched a national high school dunk/3-point shooting contest for the class of 2012. in it, Wally Ellenson was the only White player who was in the dunk portion. after it was over, Wally stood alone while all the black dudes praised one another.

until White kids figure out exactly what that means and where they stand, they'll continue to be second-class citizens in the world of American athletics.

oh, by the way, all 4 semi-finalists of the 3-point shootout were White cats.

mastermulti

Master
that video brought to mind the other White sprinter who was running in the race, Ronalds Arajs. what has happened with him? he ran a Latvian national record 10.18 last year, but i've not seen/heard anything about him since.

also, i noticed two other things watching the video:
1) the Jamaican acted like he pulled a hamstring when he got beat by the White cat. "weird," huh? *smirk*
2) the two White sprinters celebrated together, but none of the blacks had anything to say to them at all. this isn't uncommon.

I think Ronalds is still living and studying in the States.
It's on the cards he and Sakalauskas know each other well since their countries share a 600kms border, they're 5 months different in age and most young people in both countries speak both Russian and English now.
It's not inconceivable they've been local rivals for years since Latvia and Lithuania with their tiny populations wouldn't have many sprinters of their capability.
Can't find Arajs in this year's IAAF 100 times though. I note Rytis is ranked 28 in the 100m at present

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Olesya Povh in medal form!

The Ukrainian sprinter Olesya Povh medal has its claims for the European Championships in Helsinki, underpinned (Finland June 27-July 1): The Season European Champion on Tuesday won the national championships in Yalta in 11.11 seconds. Second place went to Natalia Pogrebnyak (11.29 sec). Povh is going to go sub 11 this summer barring injury. I just have a feeling. She is starting to run these times on a regular basis and she doesn't need a huge tail wind behind her. We have 3 really good womens 100 meters sprinters to follow. Now if the men can continue to step it up, we will be in business.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Young Danny Talbot of England today won both races abroad. He ran a new p.b. of 10.24 0.1 wind and then came back with a 20.71 win in the 200 with the same wind reading. Very nice results for Talbot. England has some really good young guys which bodes well for them in the 2016 Olympics. I'm anxious to see what times Kilty, Robertson and Gemelli run next weekend!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In Russia today, Rystis Sakalauskas ran 10.08 with 2.3 wind.
Guliyev was 2nd in 10.15.
That's about the same wind Lemaitre had yesterday.
So Sakalauskas is a little more than a tenth behind Lemaitre, and Guliyev is 2 tenths behind.
Either way, I'm glad Sakalauskas is making progress and Guliyev is coming back into form

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Does anyone have a link to the video of this race? Nice result by both Rytis and Ramil but they need to get their starts worked out. They can close like a freight train but to get to 10 seconds flat or to dip under will take alot more effort. They need to have all of the different phases of sprinting down to a science. It's amazing to mee how Lemaitre, Guliyev and Sakalauskas all have poor starts. This shows how much of the training is flawed in Europe for the sprints. You don't have to be on p.e.d.s. to be a great starter. It is possible to do it naturally but they need to switch up the training methods. It just kills me that our three best sprinters outsid of Gemelli are stuck in quick sand when they come out of the blocks! I've even seen countless races where Guliyev just popped right up with zero drive phase. That is crazy. It's how little kids run. You have to stay low with your head down and drive like your pulling a freight train. Without a better drive phase, these guys will be lucky to ever go sub 10 and all of them easily have the talent.

Please address these issues to the coaching staff of these European Countries. These guys are wasting their prime years running times that are too slow for their abilities. Damn I wish I could quit my job and go coach some of them myself! I doubt I could do too much worse than what is going on now. We can only be patient so long. These guys deserve better training!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
20.61 (w-1.1) for Adam Gemili in the 200m heats of Under 20 (yrs old) championships

planb47

Being in a professional athletic inviorment in europe in the company of sub 10.2 sprinters, i must say that the system of coaching is definately flawed and the only reason for such geat results is just incredible talent the reason Dariusz kuc runs well only 2 a year is because his training is tapered therer and his cns can rest throughout the rest of the year he follows a progam that has him doing all out maximal cns output traning 6 days a week with only sunday off on top of that there is no extensive tempo to alternate cns stress between speed days thay are one after another there are no hills nor sleds and gym work is mainly plyometrics and ballistic lifting. The sad part is that this is how the system has operated for years and is the only one known so there will be no changes in the mindset of coaches because as athletes they were exposed to this system and have no other frame of refference coaching philosophy much like participation in track by white athletes is deeply determineed by deep underlying cultural reasons.