2012 NFL Week 1

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Splendid work in this thread, Bigunreal. It’s great to have you back as a “regular” and I hope you have the time to construct a “weekly rant” (as you once did so articulately in years past) this entire season!

Bigunreal said:
I wouldn't blame Danny Woodhead if he took a punch at Belicheck. Never has such a dynamic playmaker been so criminally underused. Even without Vereen, he was virtually invisible today. And what was up with Welker? As for Gronk, he is still underused. He is uncoverable, and everything Hernandez does, he can do better. He should be leading the league in targets. Instead, slow hands of stone affletes like Brandon Marshall and Garcon continue to be peppered with targets.

Welker actually got off to a slow start in Week #1 of last season. Prior to his infamous 99.5-yard reception at the end of that game against the Dolphins, Welker had only amassed around 5-6 catches for 40-50 yards (maybe less) at that point in the contest. As for Woodhead, it’s very unfortunate that Ridley played well (running through gargantuan holes), even catching some passes out of the backfield, which is supposed to be Danny’s specialty. Ridley and Vereen are both injury-prone…perhaps it’s time for an “avatar hex” to help Danny’s chances?

Racially, the Patriots were as unexciting as I’ve seen in some years against the Titans. I wonder if Welker’s lack of involvement, the nauseating misuse of Danny Woodhead, and Gronkowski’s sudden lack of targets are a result of Bill O’ Brien’s departure and subsequent replacement by Josh McWiggls? They are still the team to root for, especially with Gregory and Ninkovich entrenched as defensive starters. Even the always-extroverted Rob Gronkowski failed in his “thunder spike” touchdown celebration…

GRONK-SPIKE-FAIL.gif

Don Wassall said:
I haven't seen Derek Wolfe for quite a while. Hope he didn't get injured. . .

I noticed that, too. In searching news articles about Wolfe’s performance, no injury is mentioned. You were right about him, Don...this once-homeless, ultra-lower class white athlete from rural Ohio is going to be special. He got off to a nice start last night, dropping the unsackable wigger-oaf, Ben “Plantation Boss” Roethlisberger. Of course, Miss Crissy called Wolfe “relentless,” “hard working,” among other non-athletic, for-whites-only compliments…

uspw_6568518.jpg

uspw_6568520.jpg

As always, during the Steelers-Broncos broadcast, Caste Gadfly, Christine Collinsworthless, must’ve mentioned Troy “Dingleberry” Polamalu every other defensive snap. Even when one of the Steelers’ black players actually made a nice play, the dialog always seemed to venture back to the mystical “Troy Polamalu Factor!” The rotund, uncoordinated little twerp isn’t even the best safety on his own team (Ryan Clark is bigger, stronger, faster, and better in coverage), but Little Troy will make his annual “big play,” then be voted to his 8[SUP]th[/SUP] Pro-Bowl, despite missing multiple games due to injury (which he will soon enough), amassing several designed-sacks, several cherry-picking interceptions, and racking up a tackle total equal to 2-3 games of work for Pat Tillman, circa 2000. The question is…when will the Feisty Fur Ball sustain his first injury of 2012?

deja-vu_original.jpg

CAPTION: A Familiar Scene

It was fun to see the blackening Packers falter to start the season, even if it was against the ultra-loathsome, spit-flinging Harbaugh Urchin. They deserve it, and then some, for their legendary “white purge” since winning the Superbowl in 2010. I hope that the white victims of perhaps the greatest purge in NFL history (Spencer Havner, Brett Swain, Matt Wilhem, Brady Poppinga, Mark Tauscher, Chad Clifton, Matt Giordano, Korey Hall, Daryn Colledge, Jason Spitz, Scott Wells, Caleb Schlauderaff, Ricky Elmore, etc) are able to feel some sense of vengeance. However, with Rodgers, Nelson, a 4/5 white OL, Hawk, Matthews, and Zombo, the Packers are still a white-friendly team in terms of starters. But still, it’s nice to see them undergo a much-needed “reality check.”

hi-res-137118845_crop_exact.jpg

CAPTION: DropMichael Finley

Naturally, it was highly amusing to watch “Wigger Pete” (Carroll) having his heart broken against Arizona...

85234.jpg

CAPTION: "You're Black, Now Get Out There an Win For Massa!"

Also, how the hell did white WR, Charly Martin, make the team (he had a 15-yard catch and was playing at the end of the game) over Kris Durham? Scratch that question, because we already know the answer…Martin is a racially-acceptable “Welker Clone,” and Durham is a big-bodied outside receiver with the size, speed, and leaping ability of Calvin Johnson. Thus, he wasn’t welcome on Pete’s Pacific Plantation.

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice post men!

Week 1 was disapointing...but then i scan the stats;not too impresssed.. Chris Johnson 11 carries for 4 yards...Beanie Wells 7-14...Turner 11-32...DeAngelo Williams 6 for -1...and Foster 26-79 (3 yd avg.)...Isaac Redman(who?) 11-20 might get a pass..his Steeler O-Line is BAD!

What would Hillis, Gerhart or Woodhead with 11 or 26 carries in a game?? No Opportunity??

Leonard could bust a nice 25 yard run tonight and end up w/ 4 carries for maybe 34 yards...

Juilian Edelman was robbed on a lateral pass the ref assumed bounced off ground...could have been at least 20 yd play...Edelman was LIVID!

Chris Conte had a nice INT & run! Can see him as a 10-year stater...Ryan Kerrigan & Derek Wolfe also!

Last edited:

bigunreal

Mentor
I check out the internet forums devoted to specific teams, to gauge the stupidity of the sheeple in various areas. They rarely let me down. Seattle's DWFs were up in arms over one poster's gentle suggestion that Wilson hadn't played great. We all know what they would have said about a white QB playing his first game.

In contrast, Weeden was universally lambasted by Cleveland's DWFs. I agree with them, of course- the Weeden pick was idiotic and a slap in the face to McCoy, who was never given a chance to succeed. It's great to see the Walrus lose, but still the contrast and double standard is glaringly obvious.

I read where Welker was only on the field for 43 out of 67 snaps or something. That is an alarming statistic. Is McEminem behind this? Or is the team again just putting the screws to Welker? I'm sure he can't be happy. They wouldn't give him a long term deal or extension, and he had to watch no only Gronk but Hernandez be treated to lucrative contracts. I'll be shocked if he's back with the Pats next season. Maybe some other team needs a 3rd WR and kick returner.

Thrashen, I can't compete with your photo filled bursts of brilliance, but I'll do the best I can. Let's all cross our fingers and hope things will get better.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great posts guys...makes me glad I am not the only one who feels this way about the NFL. It's nice to know that there are some other sane individuals out there who see the obvious double standards, the hype of black quarterbacks and the screwing over of white athletes on an annual basis.

As Referendum mentioned, yesterday wasn't a banner day for black RBs and WRs either. And QBs like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Michael Vick struggled. We'll have to wait and see what happens in Week 2 before any conclusions can be drawn, if then.

I will say that KC's moves toward having a somewhat less anti-White offense appear illusory. Not only was Charles clearly featured, Dexter McCluster, the dwarfish bust for three years, now is the slot receiver and sometime RB, ensuring that Devon Wylie has no role to play other than as a WSTD. It also eliminates any threat posed by Eachus, who is likely #53 on the 53 man roster, meaning he'll likely be cut within a month. It's amazing how unmotivated blacks can suddenly "find their groove" when their jobs are threatened by pale faces. Throw in KC's sumo dominated o-line and the coal black starting defense, and Denver is the only AFC West team to root for.

Yes, it's only one week. Rodgers should start hitting passes to Jordy Nelson again.

As I mentioned years ago, the Chiefs have been heavily black since 1967-68.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan were both instantly successful as starters, leading their teams into the playoffs as rookies. Both now look ready to become full-fledged elite quarterbacks this season.

The Ravens have been in the playoffs all four of Flacco's previous seasons, and won a playoff game each of those years. Yet Flacco takes a lot of criticism, absurdly so. Would be nice to see him shut up most of his critics this year for good as the Ravens look to have a dynamic offense.

dwid

Hall of Famer
the Chiefs game might have turned out different if the ball was fed to Hillis in the first half. Charles did have a high ypc but Hillis would have had it to used the same way, except he would have punished defenders and demoralized the defense, giving them a better chance to win. Its called ground and pound. Yes Charles can come in with a few big runs later on but you establish the run with a back like Hillis. Charles is a change of pace back, and did nothing after the line started sucking, his ypc dropped from 9 to 5.4. He had one big run, 46 yards, but not a td, Hillis could have gotten big yards in the first quarter and Charles would have still be able to to get his big plays. It almost seems like the fantasy football sites are directing some of these decisions. They resisted the idea of a 50/50 workload the entire way and insisted that Charles would have a breakout year.

Anak

Mentor
It's inexplicable and criminal the way Brian Leonard is relegated to bench warmer despite always shining with what few opportunities he is given, even last year when the Bengals had no one that could carry the ball. Inexplicable that is if you are like SportsHistorian and think nothing shady having to do with race is going on. No "conspiracies."

Westside

Hall of Famer
It's inexplicable and criminal the way Brian Leonard is relegated to bench warmer despite always shining with what few opportunities he is given, even last year when the Bengals had no one that could carry the ball. Inexplicable that is if you are like SportsHistorian and think nothing shady having to do with race is going on. No "conspiracies."
Anak, of course there is a balant conspiracy against White football players, however, most here with probably the exception of 2 do not believe the very same White players being hosed are actively involved in said conspiracy.

While watching the Bungals game I did see Leonard get one run into the pile of scrimmage. But his main role now will be WSTD, with addition of the very capable Lawfirm. Thanks Marv, for slowly but surely diminishing the career a once good RB.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'm about done with this season outta the gate. I'll keep an eye on our players stats, but as for watching games...it'll be a rarity at best. I'd rather spend my Sunday afternoons with my family anyway, than watch a'buncha overpaid thugs arm tackle, miss assignments & showboat.

dwid

Hall of Famer

http://deadspin.com/5941958/

21 of the worst ref mistakes this week, a large number not in our favor. The site shows video, here are some. It doesn't mention the constant holding by the Redskins that wasn't called but it was called quite a bit on the Saints.

"Referee David Scott's crew bails out Robert Griffin III on a fourth-down play with a phantom pass-interference call in the end zone. The zebras' enthusiasm for throwing flags had a great deal to do with Griffin's phenomenal first-game numbers."

"Here's one of the most glaring mistakes we recorded yesterday. The Redskins started this drive on the 20 after a touchback, meaning the first-down marker was exactly at the 30. On third down, with the ball spotted at the 24, Griffin threw an incomplete pass. The Saints committed a five-yard penalty on the ensuing punt. Somehow, 24 plus 5 got Washington the first down. "

"There were, by our count, at least four false starts by the 49ers that escaped referee punishment in this game. Here's one of them. "

"Chris Kluwe stood up for the replacement referees (headed up by Robert Dalton) at his game, but there were two big misses. Here's Jared Allen timing his jump perfectly yet being penalized for it"

"Before Locker got knocked out of the game, he and the Tennessee offense had their opening drive killed when Jerry Frump's crew missed clear defensive pass interference in the end zone. "

"More seriously, though, the Browns missed out at what should have been another opportunity to score a touchdown—one that would have given them a victory—when an Eagles player jumped offside during a Phil Dawson field goal attempt without drawing a flag. "

"Andrew Luck, believing he had a free play due to a Chicago player obviously jumping offside, threw deep and was intercepted. The flag never came."

there was also a facemask on Brees that wasn't called.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
Lots of good, solid commentary on this wretched week 1. I say we wait a couple more weeks before throwing the towel, as these sorts of dry spells happen from time to time.

The thing that bothers me the most is the Gerhart situation in MIN. If this were a legitimate league where the best players play, then Gerhart would be entering his 3rd year as a starting RB on some team that needed a running back and would've drafted him in the first round.

Instead, his prime years are wasting away being a 3rd down back and providing occasional relief duty, while also splitting back-up carries with Harvin, which is a total slap in the face. I was sure that he'd get the start in week 1, but instead, Peterson comes back so soon from a very serious injury, and looks pretty good for the most part. It's a freaking miracle! I guess the fact that a White RB was waiting to take his place ensured an unprecedented recovery from an injury that takes at least a full year to heal.

They held him out thru all of pre-season and very little contact in practice, and yet come game time, it's business as usual. This sort of thing makes me very hopeless and disappointed. A RB the caliber of Gerhart should simply not be in this situation.

Also, the DWFs and local media in Seattle have found their scapegoat for yesterday's loss in AZ: Zach Miller. The refs did everything they could to allow Russell Wilson to engineer a comeback, giving Seattle 7-8 plays in the redzone in the last 90 seconds of the game. I believe there was only one play where Miller even got a look, and yet somehow he gets the blame. It's just like whenever there's a big play on offense, the camera will immediately zoom on a White defender who had nothing to do with the play at all.

Let's hope there's a bounce back as soon as this week, otherwise, there will no reason to watch what's now become the pro version of the SEC as someone astutely observed earlier in this thread.

Matra2

Master
I can't listen to Chris Berman. He's almost as bad doing NFL play-by-play as he was doing the golf a few months ago.

Lots of good, solid commentary on this wretched week 1. I say we wait a couple more weeks before throwing the towel, as these sorts of dry spells happen from time to time.

The thing that bothers me the most is the Gerhart situation in MIN. If this were a legitimate league where the best players play, then Gerhart would be entering his 3rd year as a starting RB on some team that needed a running back and would've drafted him in the first round.

Instead, his prime years are wasting away being a 3rd down back and providing occasional relief duty, while also splitting back-up carries with Harvin, which is a total slap in the face. I was sure that he'd get the start in week 1, but instead, Peterson comes back so soon from a very serious injury, and looks pretty good for the most part. It's a freaking miracle! I guess the fact that a White RB was waiting to take his place ensured an unprecedented recovery from an injury that takes at least a full year to heal.

They held him out thru all of pre-season and very little contact in practice, and yet come game time, it's business as usual. This sort of thing makes me very hopeless and disappointed. A RB the caliber of Gerhart should simply not be in this situation.

Also, the DWFs and local media in Seattle have found their scapegoat for yesterday's loss in AZ: Zach Miller. The refs did everything they could to allow Russell Wilson to engineer a comeback, giving Seattle 7-8 plays in the redzone in the last 90 seconds of the game. I believe there was only one play where Miller even got a look, and yet somehow he gets the blame. It's just like whenever there's a big play on offense, the camera will immediately zoom on a White defender who had nothing to do with the play at all.

Let's hope there's a bounce back as soon as this week, otherwise, there will no reason to watch what's now become the pro version of the SEC as someone astutely observed earlier in this thread.

Peterson has been one of the 2-3 best RBs in the league for a few years now. If he says he can play, he plays. The last white RB with that stature was Riggins.

bigunreal

Mentor
Sport Historian,

Serious question- why are you a regular poster on this site? Honestly, most all of your posts are in defense of the Caste System. Your primary purpose seems to be to ridicule any criticism of the NFL.

If you are bothered by the Caste System, and the systematic discrimination against white athletes, then your posts don't reflect that.

This isn't about "conspiracy theories." It's about what YOU believe. Please clarify your position.

bigunreal

Mentor
Checking out the Kansas City Chief forums, there are more references to Hillis leaving the locker room after the game without talking to reporters. I can find nothing else about this on news sites.

The DWFs are already calling Hillis a "baby" and saying he isn't worth the "trouble" and has a "bad reputation." As is always their wont, they are blaming the kicker for the loss. Even on a 90% black team, they must find some white, somewhere, to blame. Not sure how a kicker was instumental in a blowout loss like that, but hey, I'm not a DWF.

Tom Brady apparently announced at the post-game press conference that he was thrilled with Ridley's running, and how this meant they were going to be passing a lot less. I believe he said something like 25 passes a game would be ideal. I hope this is just talk, because if they don't use those white receivers, the Patriots become just another boring offense. I'm sure Welker loved hearing this.

Again, let's hope week 2 will be much better.

seattlefan

Guru
The biggest snub to Gerhart was being drafted as a backup in the first place, especially to one of the top RBs in the league. Hopefully he can end up on a better team when his contract ends in 2014 even though he would be 27 years old by then.

It's just like whenever there's a big play on offense, the camera will immediately zoom on a White defender who had nothing to do with the play at all.

That topic could be a thread of its own.

Tom Iron

Mentor
My wife and I had a bit of a tiff and I went to the bar. Of course, they've got a zillion tvs and I watched some of the bengals-ravens game. Talk about a bunch of garbage. It's hardly football. I don't know what it was. Just a bunch of black guys running around. I think the league is on its last legs. It's just a bit early for most people to see it yet. Poor tackling, blocking and pass catching. I only see very few games in a year due to my not having a tv. It should be about mid-year, or maybe earlier if my wife irritates me again (but who am I punishing if I go to the bar and watch that crap) before I watch another game - BORING.

Tom Iron...

seattlefan

Guru
The irony of the push for black QBs is that if there were only a few white QBs left, I would be willing to bet less whites would watch football. For the casual fan, all those blacks on the defense don't really matter, they really pay the most attention to the white quarterback. Sure, there's lots of DWFs out there but I can see the NFL losing ratings like the NBA did if that key element(white qb) went away.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The irony of the push for black QBs is that if there were only a few white QBs left, I would be willing to bet less whites would watch football. For the casual fan, all those blacks on the defense don't really matter, they really pay the most attention to the white quarterback. Sure, there's lots of DWFs out there but I can see the NFL losing ratings like the NBA did if that key element(white qb) went away.
I only wish that this were true, but seeing how the DWF's slobber with glee over sCam, RGIII, conVick, Freeman, and the dwarf Wilson, I'm not so sure. After all, the main reason for any team's loss is ALWAYS the slow, stiff, unathletic (how they see themselves) white guy, while the blacks are PROVEN (in their minds) to be athletically superior. Thus, an all-black team would be preferred to most of them. If only they could get blacks to be "interested" in kicking, 70-yard field goals would be the norm! :wacko:

dwid

Hall of Famer
I only wish that this were true, but seeing how the DWF's slobber with glee over sCam, RGIII, conVick, Freeman, and the dwarf Wilson, I'm not so sure. After all, the main reason for any team's loss is ALWAYS the slow, stiff, unathletic (how they see themselves) white guy, while the blacks are PROVEN (in their minds) to be athletically superior. Thus, an all-black team would be preferred to most of them. If only they could get blacks to be "interested" in kicking, 70-yard field goals would be the norm! :wacko:
I think this would be true to some extent. When the Saints had Aaron Brooks many fans stopped watching, and we are talking die hard fans. Most didn't give that much crap about their FIRST playoff win in history, although it was a fluke because a guy muffed a return and the Saints recovered. Most I know, including myself before I was aware stopped watching after Jake Delhomme came in for an injured Aaron Brooks and did much better. I was barely watching before then, just rememeber my dad saying "they got Jake Delhomme in, a local Cajun guy. Then I sat down and saw him complete passes so easily instead of looking like a chicken with his head caught off playing backyard football with Joe Horn. Then was benched even though Brooks was playing like crap. Of course they eventually got rid of him and he took Carolina to the Superbowl (also got rid of Marc Bulger as well). There were many accusations of people being racist but it was justified by Delhomme being a local Cajun guy and always backed up with "but I liked Jeff Blake", more people were watching when they had two qbs named Billy Joe.

Then enter Drew Brees and the Superdome sells out, and its been sold out ever since. I mean they had post season success in 2006 but failed to make it to the Superbowl and did awful in the NFC championship game, 2007 was a bad season as well. Now everyone sports black and gold outfits for everyday events.

It seemed the same way with LSU, most fans didn't pay that much attention to Jamarcus Russell. Many wanted Lee to get playing time over Jefferson, before the arrest. They loved Jacob Hester as well. Of course there are the numerous callers to radio shows crying racism, but these aren't the people buying tickets.

Most fans, at least that I know of, need at least one player to identify with, and that is usually the qb. Sometimes its the "hard working" fullback as well. Of course many despise Whites at any other position like Scott Shanle at olb, simply because he isn't in the elite category, just slightly above average. I think if it turns into mostly black qbs then only the super dwfs will remain.

But it won't happen, they bend their preferences to get black qbs, such as overlooking prototypical height and weight. Griffin's height was fudged, he is probably 6'1, and Wilson is like 5'10. Brees had to actually earn a job at his height of 6'0. We have tons of guys 6'3+ that can play the position. They have only managed to find a few blacks in the same height category, and they rarely use that "rocket arm", well some do on those little short passes, lacking any sort of touch. Cam Newton didn't look good, and Josh Freeman looked like a guy more suited to be a backup in the future, game manager at best.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the post, dwid. Sometimes I can grow despondent over the hype. That and the fact that the media and the "super DWFs" are always the loudest, and drown out what the common fans and DWFs think. If you are correct, fortunately there are not enough "super DWFs" and media trolls to fill the stadiums.

Sport Historian,

Serious question- why are you a regular poster on this site? Honestly, most all of your posts are in defense of the Caste System. Your primary purpose seems to be to ridicule any criticism of the NFL.

If you are bothered by the Caste System, and the systematic discrimination against white athletes, then your posts don't reflect that.

This isn't about "conspiracy theories." It's about what YOU believe. Please clarify your position.

I enjoyed this site when I discovered it eight years ago. I write from a historical perspective, and by that I mean an objective one.

For what its worth, I despise the NFL as an institution and am perfectly aware the corporate sponsors prefer black players. For the hundreth time, they don't have to "conspire," they all think the same way.

Finally, when evaluating players from the past, when I honestly think a player doesn't belong in the HOF, I say so no matter what race he happened to be.

The objective perspective leads to some interesting places

I enjoyed this site when I discovered it eight years ago. I write from a historical perspective, and by that I mean an objective one.

For what its worth, I despise the NFL as an institution and am perfectly aware the corporate sponsors prefer black players. For the hundreth time, they don't have to "conspire," they all think the same way.

Finally, when evaluating players from the past, when I honestly think a player doesn't belong in the HOF, I say so no matter what race he happened to be.

Let's begin somewhat subjectively, with the proposition that the NFL places a great deal of value on the combine. Maybe it's just a marketing tool, but they do seem to really put a lot into it. Still, admittedly, it is subjective to say it's very important. Given that:

The performances of the white prospects at the combine suggest that they are as athletic as their black counterparts. This has been documented repeatedly in literally hundreds of posts on this site, using raw data from the combine. Objectively, from the combines, white players do as well as black players on a position by position basis. 40 times, shuttle times, bench reps, etc... are not subjective. College stats are mostly not subjective either. The objective criteria for evaluating talent are the metrics of speed, strength and explosiveness; and college performance (which will include some subjectivity due to differences in levels of competition).

The subjective attributes of "jiggle", "loose hips", "upside", "burst", and all the rest, are often used to explain why there are no white players at certain positions. Even the relative values of the objective criteria are also highly subjective, such as "long arms" being the MOST important thing for an OT, though it doesn't seem to be true in terms of performance.

So, the criteria that could be considered objective point to white athletes being on equal footing with blacks. The subjective criteria all favor blacks. And all of this is at a level where a ton of filtering has already been done. White athletes with great combine measurables and college careers are simply not drafted as highly as their black counterparts (the same thing happens in the jump from high school to college, to an even greater extent). If there is no conspiracy, why does this happen? If they all just think that way, why? What causes that?

Objectivity leads us to a contradiction: players who are equal in objective criteria are not drafted on equal terms. Resolving that contradiction is what this site is about. Black players are given a better chance to succeed due to an agenda. Implicit (they all think that way, but why?) or explicit (conspiracy), it is a theory as to why the contradiction exists. The options are really to agree with it, modify it, or supplant it with a better theory.