2012 NBA Draft

Claimjumper

Mentor
As the 1st Round wraps up, it looks like there will be 4 non blacks selected in Round 1, which is 13% of the 1st round draft class, a little less than the present (and falling) 18% presence they have league-wide

(11) Meyers Leonard - Portland
(17) Tyler Zeller - Cleveland (from Dallas)
(20) Evan Fournier (France) - Denver
(26) Miles Plumlee - Indiana

From memory, it looks like Evan Fournier will be the only one going to a somewhat "white friendly" team, the Nuggets. They start Gallinari and either Koufos or Mozgov, and have a strong bench presence from Rudy Fernandez and Koufos / Mozgov

Portland is near coal black and Cleveland and Indiana are hardly any better

Last edited:

Claimjumper

Mentor
Round 2

(32) Tomas Sateronsky (Czech Republic) - Washington
(45) Justin Hamilton - Detroit
(48) Kostas Papanikolaou (Greece) - New York
(50) Izzet Turkyilmaz (Turkey) - Denver
(52) Ognyen Kuzmic (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - Golden State
(53) Furkan Aldemir (Turkey) - Los Angeles Clippers
(54) Tornike Shengelia (Georgia) - Philadelphia
(56) Tomislav Zubcic (Croatia) - Toronto
(57) Ilkan Karaman (Turkey) - Brooklyn
(58) Robbie Hummel - Minnesota

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
Yes, this is another typical, bad draft, but par for the course -- whole idea is to keep whites at about 23-26% in the NBA. I thought only two whites would go in round one, but Plumlee sneaked in at the very end; he'll likely be viewed as a career white bench player or end up in Europe (ala Kyle Singler).

I posted this in another thread and got a good reply, but it's worth asking again: Is the French guy going to Denver even really white? Doing a google image search, he looks white in some photos...in others he looks sort of exotic? Perhaps an Arab or North African mix? Until their is more proof he's white, he's not a player I will be rooting for going forward. Just another non-white getting "green lighted" into the NBA, while tons of true Euro's are told they "need not apply".

evan-fournier-hd.jpg

evan-fournier.jpg

Fournier-Evan_(300).jpg

More photos: http://www.google.com/search?q=evan...jJ0QH5rsjaBQ&ved=0CFIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1272&bih=616

icsept

Master
Only 4 White Americans drafted, and each is a 7 footer. The White Europeans are relegated to 2nd round throw away picks. This has to be the worst draft in the history of the league.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Only 4 White Americans drafted, and each is a 7 footer. The White Europeans are relegated to 2nd round throw away picks. This has to be the worst draft in the history of the league.

Yes true...however, I think Mason & Miles will tear it slap up IF they get the PT.

Claimjumper

Mentor
well thats it another year another 78% players being black drafted to keep the racial quotas in tact

Really excited to see Robbie Hummel go to MN to add to their roster

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The T-Wolves drafted Robbie Hummel!! So the T-Wolves have another white on their roster! That has to be getting close to getting noticed by those "anti-racist" groups.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes, this is another typical, bad draft, but par for the course -- whole idea is to keep whites at about 23-26% in the NBA. I thought only two whites would go in round one, but Plumlee sneaked in at the very end; he'll likely be viewed as a career white bench player or end up in Europe (ala Kyle Singler).

I posted this in another thread and got a good reply, but it's worth asking again: Is the French guy going to Denver even really white? Doing a google image search, he looks white in some photos...in others he looks sort of exotic? Perhaps an Arab or North African mix? Until their is more proof he's white, he's not a player I will be rooting for going forward. Just another non-white getting "green lighted" into the NBA, while tons of true Euro's are told they "need not apply".

evan-fournier-hd.jpg

evan-fournier.jpg

Fournier-Evan_%28300%29.jpg

More photos: http://www.google.com/search?q=evan...jJ0QH5rsjaBQ&ved=0CFIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1272&bih=616
If he ever gets famous more info about his family will come out. He also could be Hatian or Guadalupe Creole(Mulattos). I saw his family and unless they are all swarthy Southern Euros he is probably mixed race. Ps he has a similar look to Austin Rivers.

foobar75

Master
It was a disastrous draft by any measure. There's really not much we can do other than completely protest the NBA.

This depressing article was on ESPN a couple of days ago:

Is The NBA Done Drafting International Players?
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ising-dearth-foreign-prospects-2012-nba-draft

We already know that American Whites have been virtually phased out of the league, but at least there had been a steady flow of international players that one could root for. It seems that with that pipeline drying up for the time being, the NBA should remain close to 80% (or more) black for the near future.

How any White person can support his league, whether by attending games in person, watching them on TV, buying merchandise, etc, is simply beyond reason for me.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It was a disastrous draft by any measure. There's really not much we can do other than completely protest the NBA.
Yep. I'm considering it only 5 Whites in the whole draft as none of the international guys are ever guaranteed to come over. Just teams picking them to save cap space. This was the worst draft of my adult years. Boycott we must, other than TWolves games.

foobar75 said:
How any White person can support his league, whether by attending games in person, watching them on TV, buying merchandise, etc, is simply beyond reason for me.
Not to mention all the rap music they play and the cultivation of ghetto culture. You'd be better off going to Rucker Park to watch a game. Similar product and culture, less expensive.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
walterfootball gave the Pacers an F grade for drafting Plumlee. According to them he is athletic but not a very good player. Isnt that how just about every black player is described?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
CBS blogger Ben Golliver seems to dislike Tyler Zeller or at least enjoy pouring salt into his wounds:

LOSER: UNC center Tyler Zeller was the Green Room's last man standing. He had to sit and watch as three non-invites, including college teammate Kendall Marshall, were selected before his name was finally called at No. 17. To add insult to injury, as he walked off the stage, he was mockingly serenaded by a fairly large portion of the Prudential Center crowd who chanted, "Cody's Better!" Tyler's younger brother, Cody, is a rising sophomore at Indiana and a projected top-3 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. Brutal.

Aren't the NY/NJ DWFs great? Can't imagine they serenaded any of the UNC negros drafted or any negro players for that matter. They just love to pick on Whitey. I'm sure Zeller will be as hated in the NBA as Hansbrough is.

LOSERS: Tradeniks. Hoping for splashy Draft day moves? Didn't happen. The long-rumored swap of picks between the Bobcats and the Cavaliers? Never happened. A three-team frenzy like last year? Never happened. The best of this year's Draft day trades saw the Cavaliers package up a bunch of parts for the rights to Zeller. Yawn. Then there was an insane run of pick buying in the second round that was more headache-inducing and spellcheck-testing than anything else. Hopefully the July free agency period has more in store.

Yep, the reigning ACC player of the year getting traded sure makes me sleepy too. Maybe if one of Tyler's 3 teammates (drafted higher of course but had inferior season's to him) were traded, our caste-lackey Ben would have gotten the excitement and negro-derived hard-on he so desperately craves.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19443206/2012-nba-draft-winners-and-losers

white is right

Hall of Famer
walterfootball gave the Pacers an F grade for drafting Plumlee. According to them he is athletic but not a very good player. Isnt that how just about every black player is described?
Interestingly Plumlee is the only White player from the championship team that will play in the NBA. Scheyer and Singler(so far) aren't wanted by the league. The two Plumlees might be the only White players that any significant time in the NBA, that might be a first in NBA history.........:thumbdown:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
If he ever gets famous more info about his family will come out. He also could be Hatian or Guadalupe Creole(Mulattos). I saw his family and unless they are all swarthy Southern Euros he is probably mixed race. Ps he has a similar look to Austin Rivers.

his father is french white and his mother arab (her name is meriem moktaa)

Claimjumper

Mentor
there are rumors floating around that the Timberwolves are trying to make a run at Pau Gasol with a package highlighted by last years #2 Derrick Williams

bigunreal

Mentor
It simply can't get any worse than this, unless they make it official and just ban whites from the NBA. Every one of the few white picks was criticized.

Today, I watched Steven A. Smiff and Skip Bayless talk about how all white American players are "busts" in the NBA. "White friendly" Skip basically stated that white Americans can't play in the league and blasted every white player selected this year. The other "panelists" were the lovely Jamele Hill and some incredibly wimpy white I'd never seen, who actually attempted to halfway defend the white players.

I don't follow basketball much any more- I thought both Plumlees were underclassmen. Is Mason still at Duke? I thought one of them was considered to be a real NBA prospect.

Unlike the NFL, which reserves special spots for whites (long snapper, kickers), we could conceivably seen a 100% black NBA at some point. The only thing that may prevent that is the always popular "goofy" white on the bench who never plays (think Brian Scalabrini). Everyone seems to love those comic relief types, who serve as a stark contrast to the magnificant, "real" affletes.

It is beyond belief that this web site is the only place where these things can be discussed. The discrimination, the double standard, is so obvious that even brain dead American whites should be able to notice it. How many Adam Morrisons, Joe Alexanders, Kyle Singlers, and Jimmer Fredettes does it take for these idiots to inquire about what's going on? It's hard not to be a "bust" if you don't get to play, and when you do, you don't get the ball.

Any white who supports this despicable, criminal enterprise at this point doesn't deserve the right to vote.

Truthteller

Mentor
his father is french white and his mother arab (her name is meriem moktaa)

Yes Fredric, I saw his mother's name last night on ESPN and did a quick google search. Turns out "Moktaa" is likely an Algerian name. Here in the U.S., we have tons of Mexicans, Haitians and others pouring in from the 3rd world, but I don't know if I've ever met an Algerian? Honestly, I don't even know what they look like?

I very quickly checked out some photos of random Algerians online last night and the ones (Algerians) shown via google images were not quite as dark skin as I expected -- I expected them to mostly be mulatto types (like in Egypt). The Algerians shown in the handful of photos I looked at, sort of look like people from Lebanon or Iran, ect. I suppose that's sort of what I expected to begin with (I guessed Fournier was part Arab/North African). I'm sure being from France, you've met more Algerians?

Either way, I'm not even sure I'd count Fournier as white. As far as I'm concerned, only 3 whites were drafted in round one last night. After that, if one or two of the Euro's that went in round 2 ever make this racist league that would be a minor victory.

Fobar, I didn't watch more than 30 seconds (total) of the NBA Finals. I will only watch about 5 to 6 teams at all in the league. Even a team like San Antonio, which some consider fairly white friendly, is a team I completely ignore. I have to update a thread I posted in the happy hr. section of this site last month. It showed something like 53% of the ratings for the Atlanta/Boston series were black. Basically, something like 12% of the U.S.'s population accounts for the majority of the NBA fans. The leagues ratings among whites (and other non blacks) is horrible for the entire regular season and most of the playoffs. Only time ratings spike a bit among whites is during the finals, particularly when Miami is on -- for some reason the DWF's hate Lebron and Wade?

frederic38

Hall of Famer
The Algerians shown in the handful of photos I looked at, sort of look like people from Lebanon or Iran, ect. I suppose that's sort of what I expected to begin with (I guessed Fournier was part Arab/North African). I'm sure being from France, you've met more Algerians?

Either way, I'm not even sure I'd count Fournier as white. As far as I'm concerned, only 3 whites were drafted in round one last night. After that, if one or two of the Euro's that went in round 2 ever make this racist league that would be a minor victory.

ahah, yes i met quite a few algerians in my life :wink: (they are everywhere in france)
they are the ugliest people on earth, i believe
here is mohamed merah, who killed jewish children in front of a school (less than 10 years old):
http://www.lorfm.fr/public/actualite/Toulouse-Le-tueur-au-scooter-s-appelle-Mohamed-Merah233009.jpg

they are basically like your mexicans, except that they are muslim

Truthteller

Mentor
Thanks for the update. Here's a link with the video from ESPN's coverage last night. I assume the younger woman (with the deep olive skin tone) and the blue dress that kisses him is his sister (or girlfriend)....The heavier, older women, with the black dress, is his mother. I'd also assume the white guy that kisses him is his father. Overall, I'm not sure how I would classify him right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35PT_v8ZUHE

Fredric, in France, would Fournier be considered white or Arab? After seeing his mom (who is not black, but not white), I would view him like I do baseball player Andre Ethier (photo below) here in the U.S. He has a French-Canadian father and Mexican mother. I don't really consider Ethier white, although some here might?

tumblr_ln6i3dmKKw1qhak92.jpg

frederic38

Hall of Famer
in france he wouldn't be considered white
and he has an english name (evan) which is a way for his parents to say that they didn't identify with the french people
frenchmen that have english names and have no ties with an english speaking country are some kind of "white trash"
his father is named francois, which is a stereotypical french name (it means "the frenchman", litterally)
but he decided to give his son an english name because it sounds multicultural

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the reply Fredric. Very informative. I guess Antoine Rigaudeau will still remain as the only "white" NBA player from France? And he rarely played in brief stay in America.

Look at this sorry list: 17 NBA players born in France...16 are black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_NBA_players

i hate when they mention the french basketball team here in france because their players are so annoying
yoakim noah takes the cake
what an ugly thing!

that's one of the sports where the black athlete is promoted the most

Truthteller

Mentor
Fredric, about 2 minutes after my last reply to you, I noticed the San Antonio Spurs are trying to sign French guard Nando De Colo. He clearly looks white to me, but I've read his parents are from Portugal. So he's a white man from France we here at CF can actually can root for, although he's not of French lineage.

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/june/de-colo-speaks-on-possibly-joining-spurs-next-season.html

Yes, Noah looks like a monster. He's dubbed himself African Viking, because his race-mixing mom is a tall Swedish woman.

Actually, this trend of Africans in France turning to basketball could be good news for French soccer fans. I believe New York Red Bulls player Thierry Henry is a big NBA fan and has hinted that more and more blacks in France could turn to basketball in the future. My guess is that would not be a bad thing? Sort of like American baseball, which has less and less blacks, because they mostly play basketball and football.

joakimnoah.jpg

Caption: African-American-Swedish-Frenchman, meets Marxist-American Lonsman

white is right

Hall of Famer

evan-fournier-hd.jpg

evan-fournier.jpg

Fournier-Evan_%28300%29.jpg

Would the NBA want an Arab for his athleticism(unless he looked like a fullblooded ******* like some Tuaregs).? I can't see it maybe they thought he was this guy who's father was an ethnic French immigrant from Germany....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QCP6mMMH2Q&feature=related